Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #7379

Hey now there are some calm 6 year olds just FYI :P I'll eventually peruse this thread and find out the happenings but right now alot of my focus is on the reseach phase. The Power That is dictates that our first unit be a nice A, maybe a C. towables and anything older then the "too old" dd (2007) is out. I personally would love a newer rig and a vintage GMC/Ultravan/70's style Winnie. But that's not to be atm. For an inconvenient place to hold a gathering might I suggest Nunavut. Not a lot of snow fall, it just sort of stays there and if you time it right very LOOOOONG days.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #7380

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
I have been soundly and properly trumped by RVM2.

You are on point, as usual, Steve.

Everybody on board the web page!
Dave - This is one of those no trump hands - cause we can talk about anything here - it's just hard to cypher. Also - if no one objects - Grande Curiosity is reserved for our "annual event" - others curiosities can have appropriate names - like Super Colossal - Eastern Enormous - Northern Lights - or whatever fits. I need to see about a map that can be on the website depicting - who is where - headed where etc. So far I've only figured out how show where I am - and that's of little interest to anyone.

RVM2

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #7381

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Also - if no one objects - Grande Curiosity is reserved for our "annual event" - others curiosities can have appropriate names
I quite agree! Maryland Mutant Madness! Virginia Vagrant Vacation! California Crazy Caravan!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #7382

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post
Hey now there are some calm 6 year olds just FYI :P I'll eventually peruse this thread and find out the happenings but right now alot of my focus is on the reseach phase. The Power That is dictates that our first unit be a nice A, maybe a C. towables and anything older then the "too old" dd (2007) is out. I personally would love a newer rig and a vintage GMC/Ultravan/70's style Winnie. But that's not to be atm. For an inconvenient place to hold a gathering might I suggest Nunavut. Not a lot of snow fall, it just sort of stays there and if you time it right very LOOOOONG days.
Good point, Nunavut! Doncha know, you keep indicating your mutatedness. Might as well 'fess up and join the merry band. We have your number! Come 'n get it!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #7383

I just opened the website now, and will read the newsletter. Trying to push up the RV time frame, So for now... this will have to do. We camped during my childhood and i'm badly missing it. However I'll have hydraulic levelling jacks so it should be more fun. I wonder if I'll blog when the journey starts. Is number off website? I knew I shouldn't have registed the bug is biting too much now. But this is also the wrong season here. I need to relocate to 93*** or 34*** ASAP.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #7384

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our First Mutational Decision.

We are enjoying our first day of being off-da-books, can't-go-back, no-longer-employeed and otherwise, officially, retired people. OH YA!

We got to Macon on schedule and went to a great restaurant where Sandee and I ran into my ex-wife. LOL Truly funny and we had a lot of laughs and fun time sending confusing text messages to my daughter from both of us about the surprise meeting.

The hard part was looking at the weather in the land of RVM2 for the next weekend and finding it to be rather...SUCKY! Steve had told me often that this time of year the weather can be anything and cold/rainy is one of them and that is what it will be. Sandee has heard me talk all the time about our meeting with Steve and know how much I was wanting to me him and Annie. SIGH!

Well...

For our first fork in the road and we have opted to take a route we hadn't even considered. When we leave Macon on Wednesday we will head to Tallahassee, FL and then onward to Alamo, TX. We will have to wait until the GC to have that meeting.

The rainbow is not always a straight path. Onward we slide.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #7385

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For those of you wondering what weather conditions Don and Sandee are bypassing in favor of the southern rainbow route...
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2082313743.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	51094
We discussed it and I encouraged them to go south, hard as it was - gotta go where the climate suits your clothes!

I did a quick check - and was again reminded how big Texas is - only 530 miles from here to Alamo! Who knows what might happen!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #7386

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I did a quick check - and was again reminded how big Texas is - only 530 miles from here to Alamo! Who knows what might happen!
HMMM...somewhere between San Antonio and Austin, Maybe Kerrville area? Just thinking out loud.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #7387

Sandee and Don, think of those degrees as degrees Celsius and you'll be warm! If only it worked that way. Well we got salt on the road here too so I hear that is good for your rig. I know it helps rust my neighbours vehicles. Here's hoping Krown keeps me safe.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #7388

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hello, Mutant Peoples (and monkey):

We have been looking at our schedules, and no matter how we work it, we won't be able to make the GC, mostly due to distance.

Although we have not had the first GC, I know there has been discussion about the 2nd and subsequent GCs. Might I humbly suggest that we try for different regions each time? Maybe South, North, East, West...or something like that? We would like to be able to travel more distance, but until I find mobile work, we're stuck for extended time off. DW just got a new job that can be done with a mobile hot spot, but my work requires me to be in the office. East coast somewhere would be doable for us. Charleston? Myrtle Beach? Chincoteague?
Elizabeth have y'all looked at the National IRV2 rally at Myrtle Beach. I know some mutants will be gathering there in Sept. Mayby y'all could make a mini Curosity of the East Coast variety then! Just a thought! Any where mutants gather will be a Curosity!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #7389

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

HMMM...somewhere between San Antonio and Austin, Maybe Kerrville area? Just thinking out loud.
Going to have to watch the weather lol. Winterized now - if we can get her down there before the GC we will - but new tires are on the menu fist. Maybe a few other enhancements that may keep her in a shop. May try to get a jump on that in Jan or Feb. We shall see though - it's not out of the question!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #7390

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post
I just opened the website now, and will read the newsletter. Trying to push up the RV time frame, So for now... this will have to do. We camped during my childhood and i'm badly missing it. However I'll have hydraulic levelling jacks so it should be more fun. I wonder if I'll blog when the journey starts. Is number off website? I knew I shouldn't have registed the bug is biting too much now. But this is also the wrong season here. I need to relocate to 93*** or 34*** ASAP.
Ok Trillum, or can I call you Orng? Knowing how the bug can be I'm here to help! Go ahead and tell us what you want attached to that leveling system and I'll see if we can help you prepare for a life on or over the rainbow!

By the way we will need your credit card info to best meet your needs, your needs are or biggest concern! lol

Good to see you can make sentences longer than two words (word game)!

What's the references to 93*** or 34***. I'm slow and don't understand.

-Tim RVM 32
Old 12-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #7391

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Elizabeth have y'all looked at the National IRV2 rally at Myrtle Beach. I know some mutants will be gathering there in Sept. Mayby y'all could make a mini Curosity of the East Coast variety then! Just a thought! Any where mutants gather will be a Curosity!
We will be at Myrtle Beach, so that would make a minnie curiosity. Any others? Could get to be worth capitalization!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #7392
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Howdy learned Mutants! I need some advice.

We will be having freezing weather (mid 20ís nights, near freezing days) here this week as well. Even though we are in an RV garage with the door down at night, I'm concerned about what the cold might do to our water system. The garage is neither heated or insulated, but I do have a tank heating system that came on the RV.

We are only connected to electric full-time, so no hose issues. Should I put an incandescent light bulb in the bay with the water pump? Or maybe below it under the coach? We stay a nice balmy 70* inside, thanks to an electric space heater. Is that enough to keep the pipes from freezing? Now I wish I had replaced the electric water heater element, but I wasn't anticipating shutting off the propane (safety issue in a closed space) and needing the water heater to help keep our water system from freezing and breaking. It's all PEX. How does it handle the cold?

I am at your mercy unless, of course, you tell me to ask elsewhere.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote