Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #75321

Happy Anniversary Mutants

Pictures from the Oregon GC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Idanha 15.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	199248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Idanha 12.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	199250  

Name:	Idanha 1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	199251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Idanha 3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	199252  

Name:	Idanha 2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	488.7 KB
ID:	199253  
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #75322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Seagull?
Seagull.

Well caught, Earlene! That far wingtip looks like a crest, doesn't it?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #75323

What better time is there for fellow mutants to make the move towards committing to the FEUMGC (First Ever Upper Michigan Grand Curiosity)? It's September 17th to 25th near Mackinaw City, MI at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping and Lakefront Cabin Rental.

Their number is 231-436-5584. Come early and/or stay late. Tell the office that you're part of the mutants group. Deposit of 1/2 of your total secures your reservation. Group confirmation number is B3BSKJ.

Lots of day trips are possible in this lovely area. Just Google something like "10 best things to see near Mackinaw City, MI". We presently have 18 - 20 mutant units prepared to show up. That's 36 - 40 mutants.

Sharing a week with that many mutants will change your life and will encourage you to "seek out" mutants as you travel around these beautiful 50 states of ours. It's addicting.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:07 PM   #75324

This has been so much fun! And we aren't done yet! Efficient, too, donchaknow. But how does one maintain any discipline around all that 'licious food?! Chowdah & pulled chicken today, Cajun Greek (!) tomorrow.... The celebration continues.

As if that were not enough, Mike played for us on his Taylor 30th anniversary guitar ... and he let me hold it. (Play it? No, not me! Strum a bit, yes, but not so's anyone else could hear!) It makes a lovely sound.

We won the dirtiest csr competition yesterday, but we'll lose it today.

Cheers!
Old 04-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #75325

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
A few posts back there were some pictures of birds, and in flight. This is one Earlene took out the car window one day we were sight seeing.

Click on picture to enlarge.

We called it: "Caught In Flight"
Excellent shot, looks like there's a race going on!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #75326

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Pictures from the Oregon GC.

One of the finest times!
Not having cell service forced us to talk and laugh even more than our normally Mutated high amounts.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:35 PM   #75327

Quote:
A few posts back there were some pictures of birds, and in flight. This is one Earlene took out the car window one day we were sight seeing.

Click on picture to enlarge.

We called it: "Caught In Flight"

Amazing pic!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #75328

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
What better time is there for fellow mutants to make the move towards committing to the FEUMGC (First Ever Upper Michigan Grand Curiosity)? It's September 17th to 25th near Mackinaw City, MI at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping and Lakefront Cabin Rental.

Their number is 231-436-5584. Come early and/or stay late. Tell the office that you're part of the mutants group. Deposit of 1/2 of your total secures your reservation. Group confirmation number is B3BSKJ.

Lots of day trips are possible in this lovely area. Just Google something like "10 best things to see near Mackinaw City, MI". We presently have 18 - 20 mutant units prepared to show up. That's 36 - 40 mutants.

Sharing a week with that many mutants will change your life and will encourage you to "seek out" mutants as you travel around these beautiful 50 states of ours. It's addicting.
Steve, do you happen to know if they have a 10 year rule at that cg?

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #75329

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Steve, do you happen to know if they have a 10 year rule at that cg?

Charlene
Charlene, I'm not sure what a 10 year rule is. Please enlighten me. If it's a rule about not admitting a unit older than 10 years old, I doubt it very much because I don't know of any campgrounds in Michigan that are that "hoitie toitie" (sp.) The campground is designed for weekend locals and "passin' by travelers".

OMG, I just realized that my wonderful MH is going on 8 years of age and it's flawless. Right . . . . . . . . . . well it has a couple of love taps.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #75330

Vintage RV Owners Club
Every GC has been spectacular in it's own right and way... I was originally thinking how could you beat Oregon and Mr. Moon doing his thing... but ya know, I immediately chased that thought with... nope, too many grand memories from the others I have been to! Had my first Gluten Free pizza at one, met in person many mutants at the first, Said happy Fulltiming/retirement at another, enjoyed a water pistol showdown at Utah.. goodness, the longer I sit here and think, the more I think of all the fun times!
Old 04-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #75331

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We are still alive and kickin'. We have been out of cell data area for almost a week and I have 200 posts to ketchup on. I'll be back after reading. I can’t tell you how much I've missed y'all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #75332

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
That 11:11 thing, me thinks it happens on digital clocks. Since there's no 00:00 when the batteries die they fail to the other binary 11:11. What else could it be????

I use to not bother adjusting my car & truck clocks when daylights saving changed in the fall. Just subtracted one hour until spring when all was good again. It drove DW crazy, she adjusts the car clocks now. Now I'm off for half a year. But happy wife.
Both my RV and toad have digital clocks AND battery disconnects that get used frequently. My clocks never have anything close to a correct time. I wish I only had to figure out the correct hour. Sena doesn’t complain, so I don’t bother resetting either clock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #75333

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
LOL..... When you meet Barb you will better understand.... She is a mighty lady, and can give much mire than she ever takes...... she would not be one I would spar words with, but then I LOVE her dearly, and admire her even more....
Aw shucks, Di, or course I could say the same about you, my dear friend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #75334

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
After being without power for 4 days (Oklahoma ice storm), my friend and former boss, Mary, put in a whole house Generac generator. After 8 years of never needing it she was grumbling about wasted money spent on it. I told her she should collect a "no power loss fee" from the neighbors. I'm convinced that that generator saved the neighborhood any further power outages just by being there. And ... if the power had gone out all the neighbors would have come over for extended stays.

It's comforting to know that yours worked like a champ, Di. April in Arkansas ... I seem to remember that storms like your area in April.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]