Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #75909

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Used to go through Covington on US136 to visit grandparents when I was a kid. Then they built I74 in the mid-60's and bypassed it. Took he occasional trip on the 'old road' just for the heck of it but haven't been through there for years now...
We're about 2 hours from there now, depending on how big a crowd you want.
Anyone in the area is definitely invited my friend. Will figure out a date for sometime in June.

Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #75910
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

POP we are in Pensacola for 3 nights, then going back to Tampa....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4495.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	744.8 KB
ID:	202892

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:11 PM   #75911
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey! I know those people and I think I know the table.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #75912
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Had a wonderful time camping with the kids this past weekend. Just an overnighter, but the campground had a small carnival on Saturday, plus its very kid centered, so grandsons were kept busy and exhausted. Took me two days to recover, myself!! But I'm ready to grab the next set of kiddos and do it all over again.

CharleneClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180513_114420.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	202898Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180513_111813.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	202899
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #75913
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Larry and Di! Good to see y'all out of LR! Travel becomes you both. Please keep us updated on your whereabouts.

Charlene! You are one brave lady taking young grandkids camping! It looked like fun, but I can understand the need for a 2 day recovery!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #75914
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb, yes sleeping was a bit of a problem and we have to work some bugs out of that. Not sure how. Maybe there's an IRV2 thread of camping with littles in an rv. I'll have to do a search.

We're doing another overnight next week, different set of kids and grandkids, but they're gonna do a tent.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
Old 05-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #75915
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Now, if that said "pastry party," the answer would definitely be yes.
Party pooper!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #75916

One could have a Pasty Pastry Party
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #75917
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

I am so excited to be out in the road, but to say my stress level is high, is an understatement.... but for you new mutants who dont know our story...... we are taking it slow ans easy... Larrys arms are sore today from driving after a year of not even driving the jeep much... but he is ok..

We discussed this a lot, and going back to the “scene of the crime” is a challenge that we felt we needed to take on.... after all, we now know which doctor and which hospital to use, one call to our home nurse coordinator, and she will contact the LVAD team in Tampa... we still have our FMCA, and know how well that works.... 3 of my grands live there....

But please continue your ohms that this trip will be UNeventful, even boring would be good.... smile..
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #75918
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I am so excited to be out in the road, but to say my stress level is high, is an understatement.... but for you new mutants who dont know our story...... we are taking it slow ans easy... Larrys arms are sore today from driving after a year of not even driving the jeep much... but he is ok..

We discussed this a lot, and going back to the “scene of the crime” is a challenge that we felt we needed to take on.... after all, we now know which doctor and which hospital to use, one call to our home nurse coordinator, and she will contact the LVAD team in Tampa... we still have our FMCA, and know how well that works.... 3 of my grands live there....

But please continue your ohms that this trip will be UNeventful, even boring would be good.... smile..
Will do, Di! Glad you're tackling this. Courage and patience, for both of you. Hugga to you and Larry. Enjoy those grandbabies!

Charlene
Old 05-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #75919

Quote:

We are proud of the fortitude that you two have shown through this year long + event. We believe that our Savior has Larry and his unbelievably strong soul mate in the safety of His arms. You two are amazing. Can't wait for the chance to see you guys in Michigan. Your positive attitudes and medical support staff will keep you and Larry chugging along the highways and biways of America. Stay strong and we'll keep you in our prayers.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #75920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
We are proud of the fortitude that you two have shown through this year long + event. We believe that our Savior has Larry and his unbelievably strong soul mate in the safety of His arms. You two are amazing. Can't wait for the chance to see you guys in Michigan. Your positive attitudes and medical support staff will keep you and Larry chugging along the highways and biways of America. Stay strong and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Very Well Said Papaw Steve!

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #75921
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Very Well Said Papaw Steve!
Agreed!!
Old 05-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #75922

Quote:
POP we are in Pensacola for 3 nights, then going back to Tampa....

Attachment 202892
Fantastic! Good to see y'all together, out & about.

Is that a rainbow I see in the background? Or has Wayne recently been giving out with unicorn toots in the area?