Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #76049
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Good morning from cloudy rainy Florida.... just makes it cooler... my sunshine is in my grandkids faces.... today is my 16th anniversary with Larry..... on our wedding day, he was recovering from 22 days in hospital with pancreatitis from gall stone blockage, so he isnt sure we got married, but we did...

Happy anniversary, guys.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #76050

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Are you sure the "red dewlap under the jaw" is not under the other end of the male???
You behave Moose... look it up!
Old 05-25-2018, 04:08 PM   #76051
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Congratulations to you both.

I am being told your quote "the four of us" could actually be filled by just you so are you partying along or with the other three? Inquiring minds wanna know?
I'm not fat, it's just easier to see me.

(Payback is heck!)

Quote:
Are you sure the "red dewlap under the jaw" is not under the other end of the male???
I would just pick it up, turn it over, and if I see "one" it's a male. I mean, shouldn't that work.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #76052

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I put a couple of water bottle caps of water in Skye. On Nola’s side. That’s where Annie has been seen.
She obviously is not troubled by heat. She’s been aboard for over a month!
Now, if she would just sneak aboard Gwen! [emoji23]
Should we ride in Skye while Annie is still in residence I hope Sena doesn’t see her. We'll never hear the end of her "barking" at that evil creature.

Carl, what do Mac and Boko think about the lizards? I remember seeing bunches of the the 2 winters we stayed in Florida.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:44 PM   #76053

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
That's hilarious. I made many friends down in FL with those guys. Some of them would remember me, some I wouldn't see ever again (quick food for someone). Some would watch me sitting in the sun. Cracked me up, there's more to them than what one might think.

I’ve always loved them!
As kids, those lizards were a regular thing in pet stores. Many brought them to school on a string leash connected to a safety pin on their shirt pocket. They would snuggle down in the pocket and rise for mosquitoes snacks, or rest on your shoulder. And the school didn’t care!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:48 PM   #76054

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Dave, You might consider leaving a window ajar for her... and more liquid... that way more flies , etc. can get in... hate to have you crawl in there and find a dead lizard.
I looked up Anno lizard and can't find them on Wiki... did you mean Anole? If it's female it has a white strip down it's back, males have a red dewlap under the jaw, most males have no stripe.

Thanks, Sis!
It is an Anole. My memory needed your refresh cycle.
It is a Florida Brown Anole, but it hasn’t set still long enough for a sex ID.
I’ll provide some ventilation and say a few RVM Ohms to my dear Annie!
Old 05-25-2018, 04:52 PM   #76055

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Should we ride in Skye while Annie is still in residence I hope Sena doesn’t see her. We'll never hear the end of her "barking" at that evil creature.

Carl, what do Mac and Boko think about the lizards? I remember seeing bunches of the the 2 winters we stayed in Florida.

Ha!
So it’s nifty to have a car lizard, but not with Sena aboard. Got it, Sis! But I would be be curious to witness some barking!
Yes, Carl. How do your kids like Anoles?
Old 05-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #76056

Quote:
I’ve always loved them!
As kids, those lizards were a regular thing in pet stores. Many brought them to school on a string leash connected to a safety pin on their shirt pocket. They would snuggle down in the pocket and rise for mosquitoes snacks, or rest on your shoulder. And the school didn’t care!
Since the skeeter season is beginning, maybe I'd better find me a 'zard, some string & a pin! And a shirt w/ a pocket, while I'm at it, come to think of it.

Best wishes to little Annie! She's a heckuva lot better than the stinkbugs that hitched home from IN w/ us last winter!
Old 05-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #76057

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Since the skeeter season is beginning, maybe I'd better find me a 'zard, some string & a pin! And a shirt w/ a pocket, while I'm at it, come to think of it.

Best wishes to little Annie! She's a heckuva lot better than the stinkbugs that hitched home from IN w/ us last winter!

Skeeters have been avoided for 6 years, so far! But I wonder in Annie can be domesticated and Mutantized.
Stink bugs? When we launched f/t in October of 12, we camped first night at a COE in KY. When I rolled out the awning it was like a apocalypse of stinkers flying away! We don’t stay until stinker winter nest up time anymore. [emoji15]
Old 05-25-2018, 05:36 PM   #76058

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Quote:
Ha!
So it’s nifty to have a car lizard, but not with Sena aboard. Got it, Sis! But I would be be curious to witness some barking!
Yes, Carl. How do your kids like Anoles?
I don't think they care. Lizards are mainly on the ground and not on their perches. Mac seems to just stare at bugs when he's perched and they climb around near him. Boko is generally away from bugs, but like Mac, doesn't really let them bother her.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #76059

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
You behave Moose... look it up!
Google wasn't any help...

https://www.google.com/search?q=you+...ient=firefox-b

Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:14 AM   #76060

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well let me be sure I got all this right, Di married a drugged up Larry, Dave keeps his lizard on a short leash, Marty set the Moose straight, The Birds can take bugs or leave them and Sir Cumferance thinks he has three friends! Well that about wraps up yesterday.

For us son and DIL with little cowgirl moved into park, today oldest son and four more of the grands move into the park. Add 2 BIL and SILs, nephews and their kids then the ones that just come for the day and we'll have a pretty good group.

Hope everyone has a great day, congrats Di, hope the weather isn't to bad. So far here the rains have moved around us.

Last thought, had a couple in park from Vancover, they thought it was neat how the thunder and lightning and heavy rain could be seen from across the lake but was completely dry where we were. Those kanukastans are easily amused!
Old 05-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #76061

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well let me be sure I got all this right, Di married a drugged up Larry, Dave keeps his lizard on a short leash, Marty set the Moose straight, The Birds can take bugs or leave them and Sir Cumferance thinks he has three friends! Well that about wraps up yesterday.

For us son and DIL with little cowgirl moved into park, today oldest son and four more of the grands move into the park. Add 2 BIL and SILs, nephews and their kids then the ones that just come for the day and we'll have a pretty good group.

Hope everyone has a great day, congrats Di, hope the weather isn't to bad. So far here the rains have moved around us.

Last thought, had a couple in park from Vancover, they thought it was neat how the thunder and lightning and heavy rain could be seen from across the lake but was completely dry where we were. Those kanukastans are easily amused!
It's starting to sound like that park is really just a place where your extended family gets together to spend the summer!

Happy Memorial Day weekend folks! Thank those that allow us to enjoy the day!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:49 AM   #76062
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
[...]...and Sir Cumferance thinks he has three friends!...

...I'll have you know that I have one very very good friend that I talk to every day...

...when I shave! So there.
===================

Happy Memorial Day to everyone and many thanks to my brothers in uniform, past and present.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote