Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 04:06 PM   #76119

Vintage RV Owners Club
Going flying tonight with hubby...he's been asking me a lot lately, so I need to go to get that out of his system...lol. Got my son working on saplings along the fence line... been too long since that's been cleaned up.next up will be getting the garden in shape, and then tackling the saplings in the flower beds. Too hot for me to handle it for very long out there, so he needs money, and I have w@%k for him to earn it. Sounds like everyone is enjoying their planning and adventures. Pics are nice... that way I can camp vicariously through them ... Seems like spring was maybe 2 days long this year in Kansas... we are full into hot now.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2018, 05:00 PM   #76120

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
P.s., thanks Moose, for the phone call. Today Allen took a look at the air chambers for the water heater. Bug carcasses and rust, blocking the lower chamber. Knocked those out, water heater stayed lit. Woohoo hot showers for me instead of bucket baths!
See every onct in a while the moose nose knows
Glad it worked for you. Nice chatting with Allen also looking forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with him drowning flies.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:34 PM   #76121

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post

"While Marlon and the crew watch from the safety of the Land Rover, Jim approaches the rhino, panties in hand..."

“And the NatGeo cameras were witnessing the “never before in the wild” feat, cameras rolling at all angles. How did the rhino know to raise one foot at a time? But Jim sensed it, saying “This is not much different than putting it on a wildebeest. Tim showed me how.”
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:41 PM   #76122

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Have fun. We are headed to Austin this weekend (sans RV) for our oldest grandson's high school graduation! I can't believe he's all grown up already.

So very grand for your Grand that you can be there to cheer! [emoji177]
Old 05-31-2018, 05:44 PM   #76123

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Going flying tonight with hubby...he's been asking me a lot lately, so I need to go to get that out of his system...lol. Got my son working on saplings along the fence line... been too long since that's been cleaned up.next up will be getting the garden in shape, and then tackling the saplings in the flower beds. Too hot for me to handle it for very long out there, so he needs money, and I have w@%k for him to earn it. Sounds like everyone is enjoying their planning and adventures. Pics are nice... that way I can camp vicariously through them ... Seems like spring was maybe 2 days long this year in Kansas... we are full into hot now.

This is wonderful! I enjoy any videos.
And your horticulture skills always amaze me.
Me bones be crying for dry air. We have had very high humidity and much rain since we got here on 5/1.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:57 PM   #76124

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Just think of it as a change of your outer shell, Steve. It's not like you are giving up RV life.

Fine words, Sis!
Papaw and Mary Ann, I see it as simply Mutating from one Rainbow Rider to another. [emoji304]
I can’t comment on trailers. We never had one that had more than a dry sink! But I’m very curious about what you will end up with.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:05 PM   #76125

Wet here is the word... today is the first day in Florida without rain, but weekend looks clear... son has brought his travel trailer and set up across from us, they will be here after work tomorrow.... looking forward to the three kiddos going back and forth.... ages 4,6, and 8 years....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4615.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	205141
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:06 PM   #76126

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Morning! We are getting things packed for camping with our kids and grandkids. 14 family members. Fishing, hiking, disc golf and Smores. Pics to come.

Raise your RVM banner, Sister!
Camping. Family. KIDS!!! Winning. [emoji304][emoji108]
Old 05-31-2018, 09:34 PM   #76127

Fleetwood Owners Club
Went to GS tournament ball game tonight. Both games, semifinals and championship game. They one won first place with a trophy as tall as most of the kids. GS got the game ball, he made the finale out by snagging the line drive out of the air for the win. A impressive dog pile ensued after that! It was two great games.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:05 PM   #76128

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Annie L. Anole has left the Wrangler compound!
Though the water was aplenty, the food had run low, and the doors were open during Skye’s annual inspection.
The crew at New Holland Jeep have assured me that she is more than welcome in her new home there, as they have several in-house to be her friends and share the bugs and spiders.
I will miss her....sorta
Well, yes, one does get kind of attached. Except I'd worry about stepping on such a critter. It sounds as if she'll have a reasonable new home, so all's well.

Hmmm ... no bird, no 'zard ... don't you need a cat? (Duck, run, hide!)
Old 05-31-2018, 10:22 PM   #76129

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Didja have a good ride? Does hot air (less dense) make the flying more difficult or handle differently?

I've been cutting saplings too, & pulling grass from flower beds. Nice weather for it!! I work wherever the shade is, though, & often in the evening till I can't see what I'm doing any more.

No camping pics from us yet. Martin is offering our boat on Ebay, so is anxiously watching the watchers. Auction ends tomorrow afternoon, so maybe there'll be extra money for our trip to England in October. Or to spend in MI.

Cheers!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:26 PM   #76130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wet here is the word... today is the first day in Florida without rain, but weekend looks clear... son has brought his travel trailer and set up across from us, they will be here after work tomorrow.... looking forward to the three kiddos going back and forth.... ages 4,6, and 8 years....

Attachment 205141
Aren't you lucky, though? It looks like a great setup for the whole famdamily. (Almost as good as Tim's racket, err, um, hosting gig.)

Cheers!
Old 05-31-2018, 11:27 PM   #76131

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We saw a convoy of these as we drove to another town to see A class units we were interested in. It was great to see four (maybe five) of these units wondering along the winding road we were using to get to the RV place. The big smiley face was so apropos for the unit.
Attached Images

Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:40 AM   #76132

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
See every onct in a while the moose nose knows
Glad it worked for you. Nice chatting with Allen also looking forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with him drowning flies.
Well if you're fly fishing shoulder you shoulder, one of youse guys is going alley oop into the lake, I reckon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

Attachment 205141
Oh Di that sounds like wonderful fun. Looking forward to more pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Raise your RVM banner, Sister!
Camping. Family. KIDS!!! Winning. [emoji304][emoji108]
wait....WE GOT BANNERS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Went to GS tournament ball game tonight. Both games, semifinals and championship game. They one won first place with a trophy as tall as most of the kids. GS got the game ball, he made the finale out by snagging the line drive out of the air for the win. A impressive dog pile ensued after that! It was two great games.
The dog pile at the end of the story made me chuckle. Big congrats to your GS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
We saw a convoy of these as we drove to another town to see A class units we were interested in. It was great to see four (maybe five) of these units wondering along the winding road we were using to get to the RV place. The big smiley face was so apropos for the unit.
Oooooooo. I love the smiley face. The rounded shape. What IS this charming thing?
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote