Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #7771
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,107
#1 Scissors... Not wait, a fork. Your run with scissors.
#2 Brown cows drink chocolate milk.
#3 My neighbor has a corrugated green plastic green house. To many kids (her sons) throw rocks.
#4 The bus driver is the age of wisdom.
__________________

__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #7772
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
#1 Scissors... Not wait, a fork. Your run with scissors.
#2 Brown cows drink chocolate milk.
#3 My neighbor has a corrugated green plastic green house. To many kids (her sons) throw rocks.
#4 The bus driver is the age of wisdom.
For a mutant you scored 316% which tain't too bad at all.
__________________

__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #7773
Senior Member
 
traveldogs's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post

That would be affirmative - we're both vegetarians! Bacon is not vegetarian! We don't like the "meat" like substances (i.e., Boca burgers), one of the things that makes us a mutant.

But we like coffee!
Yay! More RVing vegetarians! I thought I'd never meet any others!

I like coffee, too! Especially S-Bucks.
__________________
2010 25' Class C Winnebago Access
2005 "Elly" Toad
Me: Cindy; RVM63; Tiny Dog Parade: Lilly, Charlotte & Binky
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #7774
Senior Member
 
traveldogs's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post

Anything to do with a bird?
We have eight parrots, six of whom were adopted after they were rescued from appalling living conditions. Some of them are astonishingly appropriate in using inappropriate language. It's salty enough that it might make a sailor blush![/QUOTE]

Lol!
I adopted a 50 year-old Orange-Wing Amazon in May. His name is Fred.
His people got too old to take care of him, and he ended up at the AZ Exotic Bird Rescue.
It turns out there's a bunch of old birds there, and nobody wants to adopt them.
I don't want to ever outlive any of my animals, so I adopted Fred.
He's really cool.
__________________
2010 25' Class C Winnebago Access
2005 "Elly" Toad
Me: Cindy; RVM63; Tiny Dog Parade: Lilly, Charlotte & Binky
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #7775
Senior Member
 
traveldogs's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Your Yearly Easy Peazy Mutant Test (only 4 questions)

Yep, it's that time of year again for us to take our annual RVM Test test.

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow more mutated, it's important to keep mentally alert. As if the world needs more lerts.

Here is a very private way to gauge how your mutation compares to your last test.
Some may think it is too easy, but the ones with mutant hangup problems may have difficulty.

Take this test to determine if you're losing it or not.
The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.

OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

#1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast', just give up now and go do something else.
And, try not to hurt yourself.

If you said, bread, go to Question #2.

# 2. Say 'silk' five times. Now spell 'silk.' What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said 'milk,' don't attempt the next question. Your brain is already over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading more appropriate literature such as Women's Weekly or Auto World. However, if you did say 'water', proceed to Question #3.

# 3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass.

If you said 'green bricks', why are you still reading this??? PLEASE, go lie down!

But, if you said 'glass,' go on to Question #4.

# 4. Do not use a calculator for this:
You are driving a bus from New York City to Philadelphia .
In Staten Island , 17 people got on the bus.
In New Brunswick , 6 people get off the bus and 9 people get on.
In Windsor , 2 people get off and 4 get on.
In Trenton , 11 people get off and 16 people get on.
In Bristol , 3 people get off and 5 people get on.
And, in Camden , 6 people get off and 3 get on.
You then arrive at Philadelphia Station.

Without going back to review, how old is the bus driver?


Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!

OMD!
And I just downloaded an IQ Test app...what was I thinking?
Un install
Un install
Un install
__________________
2010 25' Class C Winnebago Access
2005 "Elly" Toad
Me: Cindy; RVM63; Tiny Dog Parade: Lilly, Charlotte & Binky
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #7776
Senior Member
 
virginiamtns's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldogs View Post
Yay! More RVing vegetarians! I thought I'd never meet any others!

I like coffee, too! Especially S-Bucks.
We're vegan at home and on the road, vegetarian when dining out. We're always on the lookout for good vegetarian restaurants while we travel, and we have found a few outstanding ones. Then again, we always have a vegan restaurant traveling with us!

I also own a bakery, so we usually have something yummy on the table.

Copious quantities of coffee is non-negotiable. Coffee is the elixir of life, and necessary for human survival.
__________________
Elizabeth RVM55 and Mary
2014 Thor Ace 30.1
2014 Chevy Equinox V6 LTZ AWD
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #7777
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,894
Blog Entries: 1
Jever notice that NASA has a rover on Mars named Curiosity?
It is actually on a mission for us, scouting out sites for the ultimate "dry camping".

(badum-dum)
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #7778
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post

We're vegan at home and on the road, vegetarian when dining out. We're always on the lookout for good vegetarian restaurants while we travel, and we have found a few outstanding ones. Then again, we always have a vegan restaurant traveling with us!

I also own a bakery, so we usually have something yummy on the table.

Copious quantities of coffee is non-negotiable. Coffee is the elixir of life, and necessary for human survival.
As s former coffeehouse owner. I Concur!
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #7779
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,804
I've been parked near a Wanderlodge for several days. I've seen it before here also. Now I am lusting for one, does that make me a bad mutant, or Jimmy Carter?
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #7780
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Your Yearly Easy Peazy Mutant Test (only 4 questions)




Yep, it's that time of year again for us to take our annual RVM Test test.

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow more mutated, it's important to keep mentally alert. As if the world needs more lerts.

Here is a very private way to gauge how your mutation compares to your last test.
Some may think it is too easy, but the ones with mutant hangup problems may have difficulty.

Take this test to determine if you're losing it or not.
The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.

OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

#1. What do you put in a toaster?








Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast', just give up now and go do something else.
And, try not to hurt yourself.

If you said, bread, go to Question #2.

# 2. Say 'silk' five times. Now spell 'silk.' What do cows drink?








Answer: Cows drink water. If you said 'milk,' don't attempt the next question. Your brain is already over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading more appropriate literature such as Women's Weekly or Auto World. However, if you did say 'water', proceed to Question #3.




# 3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?








Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass.

If you said 'green bricks', why are you still reading this??? PLEASE, go lie down!



But, if you said 'glass,' go on to Question #4.




# 4. Do not use a calculator for this:
You are driving a bus from New York City to Philadelphia .
In Staten Island , 17 people got on the bus.
In New Brunswick , 6 people get off the bus and 9 people get on.
In Windsor , 2 people get off and 4 get on.
In Trenton , 11 people get off and 16 people get on.
In Bristol , 3 people get off and 5 people get on.
And, in Camden , 6 people get off and 3 get on.
You then arrive at Philadelphia Station.


Without going back to review, how old is the bus driver?








Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!


shoot I can't go passed 1 because my answer was I don't have a toaster and I don't miss it.
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #7781
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
We're vegan at home and on the road, vegetarian when dining out. We're always on the lookout for good vegetarian restaurants while we travel, and we have found a few outstanding ones. Then again, we always have a vegan restaurant traveling with us!

I also own a bakery, so we usually have something yummy on the table.

Copious quantities of coffee is non-negotiable. Coffee is the elixir of life, and necessary for human survival.
I love vegetarians all the deer I eat are vegetarians
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #7782
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,894
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I've been parked near a Wanderlodge for several days. I've seen it before here also. Now I am lusting for one, does that make me a bad mutant, or Jimmy Carter?
Naw. One where we are. Late 80s. No slides drop dead gorgeous.
I'm guessing it is something we could not need, but want, but cannot achieve, no matter the lust in your heart. ;-)
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #7783
Senior Member
 
thrushl's Avatar


 
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, Flordia
Posts: 301
I LOVE and RESPECT all vegetarians. It means less competition for us carnivore types.

POP Mutant quiz to ponder:

If humankind was meant to be vegetarians, why are less than 3% of all plants on earth and 96% of all animals are eatable by humans?
__________________
Leo & Cindy Thrush (aka "RVM46") Cats: Latte, Jelly Bean
"There are many things given to us in this life we do not deserve. What we do with such things; that is the true mark of a man!"
2005 Holiday Rambler, 45' PGA 2007 Jeep Liberty in trailer
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #7784
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl
I LOVE and RESPECT all vegetarians. It means less competition for us carnivore types.

POP Mutant quiz to ponder:

If humankind was meant to be vegetarians, why are less than 3% of all plants on earth and 96% of all animals are eatable by humans?
No reason required. We can eat meat or not - eat vegetables or not - or eat both. I like both - my cholesterol levels tell me I need to watch what I eat and should have had more veggies - less meat - and more exercise.

------------
Need to check my files on your email address to send the RVM emblem.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

« The Voice | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (2 members and 4 guests)
geocacher, PTJeep
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.