Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #7827

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Konichiwa Steve san. Moshimoshi. Sansei. Many meanings for sansei. I like the one that means "fish", as in sushi, but I much prefer sashimi with wasabi. Maxwell Smart and his shoe phone was much like Dick Tracey and his wrist radio, but Tracey was first. Do you have a Lone Ranger decoder ring? That is as wise and gifted as I can be today.
I wanna go out for dinner with you! DH prefers his sansei cooked and defiantly does not do sashimi, but that leaves more for me.

Have you ever been to one of those Japanese places where all the dishes go past you like a little train in a clear tunnel? Open the doors to take what you like and pay afterward by the dish. Too much fun!

And "sansei"? I'll tell my Sensei next time I see her! She might not like to be served with wasabi....

Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #7828
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Fellow Mutant's is snow shoveling a practice to be frowned upon by fellow mutants?

I really should have helped the neighbor (we live in a condo) but I don't know whether I should feel guilty or not! RVM59
Please tell the neighbor when he is shoveling to shovel it all back up to the Canadians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
FYI....headed to hospital...stop. DIL expecting.....stop. Waiting on DW to get ready..translated..make a dozen phone calls....stop. Will keep you informed...stop.

One excited Grampa!!!!
Woo woo! Happy times are coming. Yep! Great to have them, play with them, and when finished hand them back to the parents. Also nice to have them do some of the things your children did and then say, " Pay back!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks sansei.

Maxwell Smarts shoe phone may be one of the first TV "modern cell phones". What say ye oh wise and gifted one?
Are you talkin' to me! Are you talkin' to me! Oh! Forget it, you were talkin' about dave being the wise and gifted one.

Quote:
Konichiwa Steve san. Moshimoshi.

Sansei. Many meanings for sansei. I like the one that means "fish", as in sushi, but I much prefer sashimi with wasabi.

Maxwell Smart and his shoe phone was much like Dick Tracey and his wrist radio, but Tracey was first. Do you have a Lone Ranger decoder ring?

That is as wise and gifted as I can be today.
Ohayō gozaimasu m(_ _)m kenmeikatsu sainou yutaka 1tsu.

Sushi ya sashimiha hijixyouni yoku konomare te.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #7829

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The conveyor belt is popular in Japan and so much fun.

Who know, maybe your "sansei" like to be served with wasabi....

In Okinawa I had a pottery "sansei" for several years and he probably would not mind for the right person over 70. I'm sorry, that is not a good mental picture, eh?
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #7830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I wanna go out for dinner with you! DH prefers his sansei cooked and defiantly does not do sashimi, but that leaves more for me. Have you ever been to one of those Japanese places where all the dishes go past you like a little train in a clear tunnel? Open the doors to take what you like and pay afterward by the dish. Too much fun! And "sansei"? I'll tell my Sensei next time I see her! She might not like to be served with wasabi.... Cheers! Sue
Yeah! Spouses can "eat" while we "dine".

Sashimi of all varieties and wasabi and shaved ginger. (Drool)
The train thing sounds grand! I always spend double what I plan on in such places. Me, DS, and GD are famous for eating at least an hour longer than the others at a good Japanese Hibachi.

Arigato
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #7831

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz

I wanna go out for dinner with you! DH prefers his sansei cooked and defiantly does not do sashimi, but that leaves more for me.

Have you ever been to one of those Japanese places where all the dishes go past you like a little train in a clear tunnel? Open the doors to take what you like and pay afterward by the dish. Too much fun!

And "sansei"? I'll tell my Sensei next time I see her! She might not like to be served with wasabi....

Cheers!
Sue
Ha! Dave turns off his spell checker. I leave mine on. Ya gets what ya pay for. Although I think we're running neck and neck on spelling errors. But I will eat a raw fish with either of ya anytime. In fact - I buy it and cut it myself.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #7832

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ha! Dave turns off his spell checker. I leave mine on. Ya gets what ya pay for. Although I think we're running neck and neck on spelling errors. But I will eat a raw fish with either of ya anytime. In fact - I buy it and cut it myself.
You Two are certifiably Mutated !!!!

Raw fish .... .... battered and deep fried or grilled .... .... but on a different note:

My Amish cooling unit has landed in Phoenix and I will be picking that up today, sadly my small parts, ie: the new heaters, new fans and new fan control have not yet made it or have just made it past Nashville, so I still have to wait a bit longer before I can get my fridgerator back into operation, but progress is afoot:

So a ponderance comes to mind, why is it they ship the major piece separately from the minor pieces but all the pieces should be together so you can do the proper install, a curious mind wishes to know.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #7833
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When we were in Japan, my son had a Japanese business friend who took us to dinner.
Here is what it looked like and was just as delicious. I wonder if the GC@CL has a good Japanese restaurant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00194.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	51769   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00193.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	51770  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00198.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	51771   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00200.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	51772  

Old 12-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #7834

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
So a ponderance comes to mind, why is it they ship the major piece separately from the minor pieces but all the pieces should be together so you can do the proper install, a curious mind wishes to know. Cheers !!!
A conspiracy to keep you separated from hard icecream for as long as possible?

Thanks for the update, Jeff.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #7835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
When we were in Japan, my son had a Japanese business friend who took us to dinner. Here is what it looked like and was just as delicious. I wonder if the GC@CL has a good Japanese restaurant.
Yep! Oh my, how to choose?

Google "japanese hot springs, Ar".
Many!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #7836

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Yep! Oh my, how to choose?

Google "japanese hot springs, Ar".
Many!
Tim is occupied bringing new mutant Grand into RVMdom - but when he gets back he can tell how the alligator gar sashimi is up there.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #7837

Quote:
A conspiracy to keep you separated from hard icecream for as long as possible?

Thanks for the update, Jeff.

Hey Dave !!!

Hahahahaha more than likely, my old CU when set on 9, would keep ice cream at a cool mush, now then I am told that this new unit will keep it rock solid at a #5 setting we shall see when its fully operational once again. The bill of lading says the CU weighs 150 lbs, which I think sounds a bit to heavy, but thankfully the shipping was discounted from $165.00 to $65.00, a holiday special from Dave Force. What really made it time consuming was that Mr. Force was at a RV show in Louisville from Dec 2nd to the 5th. Oh well thank goodness for the generosity of the park manager that let me borrow her party fridge for the time being. It has been working great, but as you all know there isnt a lot of room in our coaches for extraneous refrigerators, this one is a good toe stubber as well. As soon as Marcia gets back from her exercise class we will be heading out to R&L Carriers to get my unit, and phase one will be complete, Life on the rainbow is looking brighter.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #7838

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wayne, I was admiring your pictures in post #7834 and realized I've used a lot of those very same baits to catch edible fish. How does on batter and deep fry those little pieces?

Another ponderance..... When we pass post #9999 do we revert to 0001 or go forward to infinity a la Y2K?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #7839
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Wayne, I was admiring your pictures in post #7834 and realized I've used a lot of those very same baits to catch edible fish. How does on batter and deep fry those little pieces?

Another ponderance..... When we pass post #9999 do we revert to 0001 or go forward to infinity a la Y2K?

That's what the Wasabi is for. It puts a good taste on the Sashimi, and Sushi. Earlene cannot dip into my soy and Wasabi mix. To hot for her.

Ummm ummm good food.

Down here we use artificial bait for catching those fish we do fry on occasions. No sense wasting good food.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #7840

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My favorite mutated musician plays a portable carillon (ok, so it weighs 8,000 lbs). He hauls it around the country behind an old Grady White Super C RV. For those of you who are familiar with Valley Forge, this guy used to play the carillon there - studied the carillon in France and the last I knew, he is on the only master carillonneur in the US.

CAST IN BRONZE - Carol of the Bells.avi - YouTube
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote