Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #7967

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hey Dunner we have that same printer and have problems too! It won't see my laptop unless I use USB but it does respond wireless to my iPad... Never could figure that out.
It's probably using the wireless part of the laptop. If you can turn if off, do so and see if it still works.

I don't think I will get a call back from Tech Support. Mine won't work with the USB cable directly plugged into my desktop. Maybe if I make a cable that goes directly into my router Ethernet port it would work. Don't know.

I tried my Canon All-in-One and it scans fine wireless.

BTW, the desktop does not have a wireless card, but it is connected directly to my router > modem > wall.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #7968
RVM1

A hearty welcome to RVM64, Diwizi (Diane) and DH. You seem to know your way about the rainbow pretty well.
Being from AR, will the GC be a possible outing for you?

Do you like sushi or sashimi?
Got rope lights?

Dave and Nola
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #7969
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I'm sticking with no harm no foul on the pic. This year I think I may do my first Christmas Letter. It will read as follows. Dear friends and family. This year we made 63 new friends. They are like family to us. Here's what we've been up to... Snip - R U an RV Mutant Too - post 1 - 7,xxx - End Snip. Merry Christmas and the Happiest New Year Ever! Steve and Annie
A winner, Steve. May I steal it?
But isnt it actually 128 friends? ;-)

Old 12-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #7970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'm fine. Been fighting with a new All-In-One HP Officejet 4635. I can print, copy and fax just fine, but when I try to scan, it doesn't see my desktop. I can ping it fine. I can scan from the printer to my laptops and use the SW to scan from the lapers.

Tech support was supposed to have a supervisor call me back, but that hasn't happened since 2:30 this afternoon. `Bout warn out the CD reinstalling it. Cleaned every instance of HP off my desktop and out of the registry and re-installed. HP's print and scan diagnostic and repair SW didn't help.

They wanted me to give them access to my computer so they could make changes. That will never happen. He talked me through what he was going to do. Still didn't fix it.

I don't need a scanner that often, but still think it should work as designed. I even used the included a USB cable and it still won't see my desktop.

After I installed the SW, it took me to a survey page. To my surprise, it even had spaces for comments. I begged someone at HP to please call me... twice.
Had a similier problem (and I like HP products), ended up upgrading to a Brother All-in-one. Does it all via USB to my desktop without a hitch.

Quote:
I did not think it possible, but I believe we may have stumbled upon something that competes with rope lights in the RVMdom. The statisticians at RVM Central are working on a proposal to determine the LOE necessary to correlate the coefficients of variability between Mutant Ropies / Non-Ropies and FB usage. I have asked for a Cost Benefit Analysis as well. Not sure this project will be funded.

After reading the posts here it seems that if mutant family members are using FB the value of the r—2 rises to a level of significance with the correlation coefficient > .90. The addition of the rope light variable is suspected to be statistically insignificant. Let's see what our team of experts comes up with and if the study goes forward, I'll report back.

I have to say this - nearly all of my relatives have passed on, and I have no family members on FB. While envy is not a mutant characteristic, I am envious of you lucky mutants with Grands, new Grands and many family members! Well done mutants!
RVM2
Use FB to keep in touch with nephew's who are stationed overseas with their families... great for that. Although I am a little surprised about the seemingly lack of concern about privacy information or just plain (to me) stupid information being passed on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
So...ok....I apparently didn't ask my question in a format ya'll would understand the info I sought. FB isn't the issue. The question was why he would assume everyone would want a pic of his grandchild? Isn't that the parent's deal? She sent out announcements to those she wanted to have them.

I suppose this is similar to my irk on getting the Christmas letter from people who have nothing to say so they fill the letter up with their adult children's and grandkids accomplishments. ( of which I usually already know about if I care about those folks enough to keep up on their activities)

OK..geesh...I think I see the problem.... I think I am a scrooge! Lol!
Naww... I think he is just extremely proud of grandchild. Wouldn't worry about it until postage gets prohibitively expensive..

Welcome Diwizi!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #7971

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
While I'm sure he'll make his appearance and presence known shortly - RVM64 - Diwizis DH is aka zeelarry. So watch for them. I would not be surprised if we meet them in April.
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #7972

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

A winner, Steve. May I steal it?
But isnt it actually 128 friends? ;-)
It may be more or less, do dogs, cats, monkeys and rubber chickens count?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #7973
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Ummm...how about humans and live mascots?

Old 12-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #7974

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1

Good point Dave! Counting Mutants (not to be confused with Counting Crows) can be tricky. Barb is 3 friends - Lily, Sena and of course Barb. Dave, Nola and Rocky. Hmm. I may need to stick with RVM #'s for my count.

What a nice problem - I can't count all my friends....
Old 12-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #7975

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Travel Report - RVMdom to Suapinz - come in Sue. Y'all safe and sound?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #7976
RVM1

Quote:
Good point Dave! Counting Mutants (not to be confused with Counting Crows) can be tricky. Barb is 3 friends - Lily, Sena and of course Barb. Dave, Nola and Rocky. Hmm. I may need to stick with RVM #'s for my count. What a nice problem - I can't count all my friends....
You have only MET a few of your friends!
But, this org is only 8 months old.....
TOMORROW!

Old 12-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #7977

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

You have only MET a few of your friends!
But, this org is only 8 months old.....
TOMORROW!
TOMORROW - wait. You mean tomorrow? I better let Annie know companies coming.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #7978

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Tim - congratulations! That's a fine looking mutant girl child. I hope your fever/illness passes quickly and you are able visit with Ella Kate.

Mrs. Muddypaws - sending healing thoughts your way. It sounds like you are on your way to recovery. Enjoy your travels!
RVM50 concurs with RVM56 on both counts.
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #7979

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus

RVM50 concurs with RVM56 on both counts.
Thank goodness for the "quote" feature. I can't find my RVM# decoder ring.

And if I didn't say it before X2 on the concurrence!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #7980

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Dianne aka Diwizi welcome to the mutant side of the rainbow! Here-forth (is that even a word) (must be mutant speak) you will forever be recognized as RVM# 64 and part of our mutant family and we are like family! We will be all up in your business....not really. But we do talk a lot and often as evidenced by this thread. In fact we ponder so much we require a separate website for our ponderings and adventures! Anyway welcome! Now start the ponderin.