Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #7981

[QUOTE="flaggship1;1843741"]Travel Report - RVMdom to Suapinz - come in Sue. Y'all safe and sound?[/QUOTE

Suspinz reporting in as requested. Safely sound at the Nashville KOA as planned. No ice near our tires after the first couple of miles out our driveway, so it was a breeze. According to our farmer, snow started at home about 2:30, right on the prediction for a change.

DH used the air horns once, his first time "in anger"...for a motorist entering the interstate who would neither drop back nor pull ahead of us, and us with a Big Truck on the other side. The guy got the message.

I will say it was a cold ride, as the heater could not keep up. I had a fleece blanket, a doubled fleece throw and a sheepskin over and around me, plus a knitted scarf and a skein of yarn around my neck and was still cold. Nope, you may not see pictures!!!

The pilot was frozen in position and had to be pried loose with hot coffee, but he didn't want to try running the generator or the furnace while under way. Is either of those 2 options either possible or safe?

Glad to have escaped IL, and looking forward to getting in into GA tomorrow. This time the destination is warmer weather, so a certain amount of focus is required, and it's already paying off. As a bonus, I've even managed to knit half a Christmas gift in transit.

Ham hocks and kidney beans for supper, along w/Q ribs, both "planned overs" and plain old spinach for a quick supper. Plain and warming and very filling.

End of report. Filed.

Cheers!
Sue

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #7982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Having just gotten off this really great website (RV Mutants Welcome to the Rainbow Where the Journey is the Destination), and having had a great email from Steve, I definitely would like a number please......

....i am a watercolor artist,

.... I am happy with all that we do have......
Welcome Diane! Now I have a better idea of who diwizi is, such as your being a watercolorist (me too) as well as a cook. (I did a lot of lurking on Colleen's Cooking Channel.) Glad to have you as part of this family. It's quite a ride!

Hooray and huzzah for RVM#64!!!

Cheers!
Sue

Old 12-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #7983

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
TOMORROW - wait. You mean tomorrow? I better let Annie know companies coming.
Oh yeah! We'll be changin' our travel plans and be right over! I'll bring the grits. And wasabi. Not in the same dish.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #7984

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue - seems there were two questions in your Travel Report. Yes - running generator underway is a go. If your A/C units have heat - they will for sure be ok. As for the gas furnaces - being debated elsewhere on forum. I do not.
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #7985

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz

Oh yeah! We'll be changin' our travel plans and be right over! I'll bring the grits. And wasabi. Not in the same dish.

Cheers!
Sue
Wasabi mashed potatoes are great. Why not grits! Coffee will be hot but not wasabi hot!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #7986
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Another long day here, as I had to go into town for PT today. I save any errands for PT days since town is a 30 mile drive. I may not be walking when they get done with me, but the insurance company insists that I do therapy before they will approve surgery.

Diane, welcome to the rainbow. Since you already know some of these folks, it won't do any good to warn you about the insanity. Hope to see you next April in Hot Springs.

Sue, other than being jealous (sniff, sniff) that you are headed south and I'm not, thanks for the check-in. It's comforting to know where all our little chickies are roosting tonight, especially those in travel mode.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #7987
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lucky post # 8,000 is just upon the horizon. Who will be the lucky sender?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #7988
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Yep, i like it here....

Thanks all.... Feel like i know so many already.... I enjoy posting, and with the ipad, iphone,and laptop, i am always close by.... But prefer the full site as opposed to the mobile app. DH aka Zeelarry, (Larry) does more of the problem solving threads... Me, all about people..... I taught middle school for 25 years, then was tech coordinator for state adult ed.... Loved both worlds... Now that I am retired i paint watercolors......

Are pretty sure we can make HS, in April..... Maybe I can help with info too.... Been going there all my life..... Even used to tent camp on islands in Lake Ouachita, plus we are about an hour away.....

Sue, we will have to meet and talk art....

Btw, imho anything is good with grits.... Wasabi y not? Used to add jalapenos.... And any kind of cheese works.....
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #7989

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Lucky post # 8,000 is just upon the horizon. Who will be the lucky sender?
Tomorrow morning at 11:14 a.m. the thread will be 8 months old!

So much to reflect upon. So many ponders. So many RV features neither had nor missed. So many new friends. Such a simple and pure premise. The love of our machines and the journey - that's what the RV lifestyle is all about.

Let the countdown to 8,000 begin.
RVM2
Old 12-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #7990

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sue...we run our generator in route or would not be able to run our air as the air from the cab is dead.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #7991

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Another long day here, as I had to go into town for PT today. I save any errands for PT days since town is a 30 mile drive. I may not be walking when they get done with me, but the insurance company insists that I do therapy before they will approve surgery.

Diane, welcome to the rainbow. Since you already know some of these folks, it won't do any good to warn you about the insanity. Hope to see you next April in Hot Springs.

Sue, other than being jealous (sniff, sniff) that you are headed south and I'm not, thanks for the check-in. It's comforting to know where all our little chickies are roosting tonight, especially those in travel mode.
Barb....you may be cussing it now...but really, you will recover much quicker post surgery if you do your therapy before.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #7992

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow, welcome Diane and Larry, finally another Arkie to help manage this great mix of mutants. Thanks to all that wished Miss Ella a happy birthday and Happy Birthday to those I've missed.

I'm sorry I really haven't been keeping up with everything but guess what? I've held that new baby till I smell like a new baby, and I mean that in a good way. The 3yo was wanting Grampa too but MiMi took up some slack giving me more baby time.

Steve, a suggestion for my self help book " How to make friends on the Internet, and keep them!" After going back and reading my earlier post it didNt sound nearly as funny as I had intended.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #7993

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim - it's all good! Every now and then there seems to be snip or quote issue that makes posts hard to interpret. We're all mutants and friends here. I'm just glad your feeling better and got your time with that precious little grand!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #7994
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Sue...we run our generator in route or would not be able to run our air as the air from the cab is dead.
Poor Honey! Sounds like she needs some love. Us older gals gotta stick together.