Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #8009

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
For post #8001 I will add that we have RV'd for years and run the furnace while on the road. .....

RVM#1 and RVM#2 I hope you are proud of what you have accomplished. 8000 plus posts in less than a year; way to go group.
Thanks Dennis - I'm proud of all of you mutants and how well this curious group has taken to sharing their RVing and personal experiences.

In a world of brand loyalty - diesel vs gas - Class and type preference and so on; we have come together with all manner of machine - motorized or not - with and without some things, in favor of the lifestyle, the freedom of the open road and the journey as our destination. We have carried that openness over in our respect for fellow mutants, their lifestyles, and preferences. We are indeed a curiosity of mutants. The RVMdom and life on the rainbow is something we can all be proud of! (He said ending a sentence with a preposition.)

Safe travels to all and thanks for making the RVMdom a safe harbor for all who are willing to say:

My RV doesn't have x, y and z and I don't miss it. And, the journey is my destination!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #8010

JudyH said:
Monkey Day. December 14 is Monkey Day. Happy Day to Sena!!!
~~~~~~~~

I second the notion. Happy Monkey Day to Sena and loving monkey-carers everywhere, but especially to our Barb.

Emphasis on "loving"!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #8011

Steve said: "life on the rainbow is something we can all be proud of! (He said ending a sentence with a preposition.) "
~~~~~~~
Some overblown grammatacist (?!) in the 18th c. (?) actually just made up that rule. (Wasn't you, was it? ) It makes for some really clumsy sentence construction, as witness Winston Churchill's oft repeated "up with which we will not put!"

Be proud of your freedom of speech!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #8012

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow Steve, maybe you were meant to "mess up."

Isn't it great that it all worked out so well on the rainbow, at least this time.
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #8013

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl
Wow Steve, maybe you were meant to "mess up."

Isn't it great that it all worked out so well on the rainbow, at least this time.
One thing is sure - the slide toppers were going to be replaced in a year or so. Some destiny there. As for a roof with 8" of ice crashing down on your RV - I hope that's not in any ones destiny.

Curious to see if they've put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Will check it out when I go to do the paperwork.

Thanks to all for seeing the bright side of this. It did work out for the best, but was a dunderheaded move, albeit well timed!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #8014

With oh so many fine words commemorating just the 8-month anniversary of RVMdom, can you imagine the 1-year anniversary while we are at the GC? Ohhhhh baby!

I predict some interesting anniversary moments. (Song, dance, and mKimono included).

And a 1000 post per month average now too!

Steve, you had the luck of good fate with Bonita. I and all RVMs had the luck of good fate that you saw my post 8 months ago. Mutation is a skill, after all.

The common tone of harmony, friendship, caring, sharing, giving, and living on the Rainbow is where it is at. (Preposition intended. In MN, it is simply the verbal environment we grew up in). :-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #8015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
JudyH said: Monkey Day. December 14 is Monkey Day. Happy Day to Sena!!! ~~~~~~~~ I second the notion. Happy Monkey Day to Sena and loving monkey-carers everywhere, but especially to our Barb. Emphasis on "loving"! Cheers! Sue
Wow! What a great thought Judy and Sue!

Certain dates stick in my mind, and Dec 14th has not been used yet. So, I will think of Sena on this day henceforth.

And my thoughts are with you, Barb, until your ordeal is over. May your heart have good cheer!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #8016

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wow Steve you definitely dodged a bullet and took a bee-bee instead. Did they give you an estimate on the replacement cost of toppers? How many slides on Bonita? I've been debating a re-do for Jenny. Mine are starting to show signs of wear just a little and we have been exposed to this last storm and they appear to be sagging more than normal after the weight of the ice. I got on a ladder and broke up as much as I could reach but still too much weight.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #8017

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Tim glad you got in some serious baby time. Don't ya luv the smell of babies? That's a good thing! Kiss Miss Ella Kate from this grandpa friend cause I luv to smother my grand babies with papa kisses.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #8018

Tim, when Ella Kate cries, just tell her, "well of course I will buy you a pony!"

Ella and her 'rents will look at you like you have 3 heads. Trust me!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #8019

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
Wow Steve you definitely dodged a bullet and took a bee-bee instead. Did they give you an estimate on the replacement cost of toppers? How many slides on Bonita? I've been debating a re-do for Jenny. Mine are starting to show signs of wear just a little and we have been exposed to this last storm and they appear to be sagging more than normal after the weight of the ice. I got on a ladder and broke up as much as I could reach but still too much weight.
Hi Herb. These are the numbers - first is Fleetwood Direct to me less shipping. Second is Camping World. Both ordered directly from Dometic. The difference in price is odd - and 3.5% better at CW and inclusive of shipping.

7' Bedroom fabric only - $205.02 - $186.73
13’ main fabric only - $260.40 - $226.80
16’3” main fabric only - $263.90 - $257.58

Not sure why the numbers are different. We'll see how it shakes out. With the $29.95 install special it looks like a pretty good deal to me. I kind of looked it like tires - replace em all at once to avoid doing em when they really need it.

If yours look ok - you may be able to adjust the tensioners or may need to just bite the bee-bee so to speak.

Haven't left to do the paperwork yet but pulled down these pictures of the 121 Marina dock roof that went down the same day. You probably saw it on the news. Lots of damage. Some big dollar boats even went under I hear.

Name:   image-1598413343.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  22.7 KB

Name:   image-3086866246.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  17.2 KB

as they say!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #8020

Feeling like i knew ya when

I like this group already...
So friendly... And i do love to chat....
Sorry Steve, you are right, listen to Annie,,, oh but then... Nevermind.
Listen when she is right.
Happy Monkey Day.... That is way cool... My 1yo Westie acts like one... She
Climbs on everything.
New Grands.... Great, they do smell so nice, my newest is 10 days old.
Ending with prepositions... A dumb rule.... Says the retired teacher, me.
Btw, i can spell really well, but typing on an ipad means lots of oops, but i dont care, i am retired.

How do ya'll keep up with each other? Lol, i have only about 7,900 more posts to read.....

Diane
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #8021

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVMdom to Jeff - come in Jeff. How's the Amish install going? All well I hope! Just checking in as we have missed your missives.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #8022

Diwizi said: "Btw, i can spell really well, but typing on an ipad means lots of oops, but i dont care, i am retired."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Too funny! Some days I just expect the spellchecker to fix my typos, and then when I proofread (yes, I do!), I find the silliest sentences. Good for a laugh.

Doncha love being retired? And having a new grand to add to your collection. Wunnaful!

Keep up w/each other? You kiddin'? We do the best we can, occasionally mistake one for the other, and play ketchup when need be. It's all good on the rainbow!

Cheers!
Sue