Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #8051

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Good Job, Nissa! Ten minutes into my maiden voyage I struck a plexglas wind protector on a toll booth with the driver's side mirror. No damage was done to the toll booth, or the RV, but we both had to go find a place to change our under garments. My knuckles were pale for days.
Thanks for sharing that story. I completely understand :chuckles:
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #8052

Well RVMs, now I find out that in a “rainbow” universe, the clock has been ticking forever?

So, now that we are on the Rainbow, we can ride it forever?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/ph...ravity-theory/
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #8053

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Y'all,

I have a great true story for ya.

My friend's nephew's girlfriend's Dad has a small herd of cows. Last week during icy cold, snowy weather a calf was born to a first time mama cow, but she was standing too close to the edge of the river. The next morning the guy saw the cow standing looking towards the river, mooing so he went to investigate. He noticed that the cow had given birth, but there was no calf, just a slide trail down into the kriver and the placena about halfway down the bank. He figured the calf either drowned or was swept out to sea, where it eventually died.

Because of the mama cow's distress, he went to a local dairy farm and bought a calf, took it home, rubbed it all over with the missing baby's placenta (farmer trick to get a cow to accept a calf not hers) and despite the fact that she lost a white calf, the cow accepted the new brown calf and peace returned to the fields.

Three days later he was in a different field near the river and heard a real weak cry of a calf coming from the direction of the river. So he got out his Jon boat and went to investigate. He would moo, then listen for the cry. Eventually he found a white calf on an islet in the Columbia about a quarter mile from where his white calf went missing.

He took the calf back to his field where he set it down, it mooed and it's mama came running and started licking the calf, who couldn't get to the milk fast enough.

That calf survived birth in the snow, sliding down an icy bank, a swin in a very powerful river -- it must have been an incoming or slack tide, 2 or 3 nights of below freezing temperatures and 3 days without food.

At last report mama and calf are doing great, and my friend's nephew's girlfriend's Dad has a brown calf he now has to bottle feed.

Oh, and the white calf was named Miracle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #8054

Quote:
Hey Y'all, I have a great true story for ya.
Now that got me (sniff). Thanks Barb. A miracle, and one tough calf!
Old 12-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #8055

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Hey Y'all, I have a great true story for ya. My friend's nephew's girlfriend's Dad has a small herd of cows. Last week during icy cold, snowy weather a calf was born to a first time mama cow, but she was standing too close to the edge of the river. The next morning the guy saw the cow standing looking towards the river, mooing so he went to investigate. He noticed that the cow had given birth, but there was no calf, just a slide trail down into the kriver and the placena about halfway down the bank. He figured the calf either drowned or was swept out to sea, where it eventually died. Because of the mama cow's distress, he went to a local dairy farm and bought a calf, took it home, rubbed it all over with the missing baby's placenta (farmer trick to get a cow to accept a calf not hers) and despite the fact that she lost a white calf, the cow accepted the new brown calf and peace returned to the fields. Three days later he was in a different field near the river and heard a real weak cry of a calf coming from the direction of the river. So he got out his Jon boat and went to investigate. He would moo, then listen for the cry. Eventually he found a white calf on an islet in the Columbia about a quarter mile from where his white calf went missing. He took the calf back to his field where he set it down, it mooed and it's mama came running and started licking the calf, who couldn't get to the milk fast enough. That calf survived birth in the snow, sliding down an icy bank, a swin in a very powerful river -- it must have been an incoming or slack tide, 2 or 3 nights of below freezing temperatures and 3 days without food. At last report mama and calf are doing great, and my friend's nephew's girlfriend's Dad has a brown calf he now has to bottle feed. Oh, and the white calf was named Miracle.
That is definitely one tuff little calf! Thanks for sharing Barb.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #8056

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Well RVMs, now I find out that in a “rainbow” universe, the clock has been ticking forever?

So, now that we are on the Rainbow, we can ride it forever?

Universe May Have Been Around Since Forever, According to Rainbow Gravity Theory — NOVA Next | PBS
Let me be the first to say "To infinity and beyond." Ya'll can quote me on that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #8057

Quote:
Let me be the first to say "To infinity and beyond." Ya'll can quote me on that.
Got it.
Barb: one Infinity and beyond.

However, Darth Vader was seen commuting in his Empire Limo in New England. I wonder what he would comment about Rainbow Time?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2315675693.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	52021
Old 12-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #8058

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
With the Holidays upon us an all the good food I had to pass this along:

Great advice from the most successful diet doctor in Asia
Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
That's worthy of printing and placing on fridge, next to my chair, near my bed, in cabinet, in medicine cabinet, on bathroom mirror...................
Old 12-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #8059

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Why is it that you can't watch a video with a weak cell signal, but the commercials come in loud and clear? Dave's info on Rainbow Gravity theory is way more than I want to invest in data useage, but I had to watch 3 ads before I could see that it was a 53 minute video and I got 12 words of the program before it started buffering.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #8060

Quote:
Why is it that you can't watch a video with a weak cell signal, but the commercials come in loud and clear? Dave's info on Rainbow Gravity theory is way more than I want to invest in data useage, but I had to watch 3 ads before I could see that it was a 53 minute video and I got 12 words of the program before it started buffering.
Shucks Barb. I didnt watch the video. I just read the text. The jist is there!
Dave
Old 12-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #8061

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Shucks Barb. I didnt watch the video. I just read the text. The jist is there!
Dave
RVM1 - the time for disclosure is before... Not after the post. Lol. Same as haha - but Barb is on a wee data plan. I have overloaded her email myself a time or too.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #8062

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

Good Job, Nissa! Ten minutes into my maiden voyage I struck a plexglas wind protector on a toll booth with the driver's side mirror. No damage was done to the toll booth, or the RV, but we both had to go find a place to change our under garments. My knuckles were pale for days.
X2 - we have all been there. Some of us have even been back. Recently.

Congrats Nissa! Well done and many happy and uneventful more journeys!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #8063

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yesterday in post #7987 at 7:13 PST I commented about the close proximity of post #8,000 to which RVM2 noted that is the 8 month anniversary of RVMdom, to which RVM cacutated was ~ 1,000 posts per month. Which just happens to be ~ 33 posts per day, on average.

In the last 30 days we have posted 1,762 posts. What was it Muddypaws said about integers? (It was way beyond my ability to comprehend) But I think we may get to that seemingly large number in no time at this rate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #8064
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
This was part of my "Journey" today. Could pretty much see "Infinity and Beyond"

Name:	image-727173624.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	522.6 KB
ID:	52024

This was my "Destination"

Name:	image-2874573747.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	637.6 KB
ID:	52025
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote