Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #8107

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Rainbows and mangroves and palm trees and parrots. Sunshine, warm waters, and kayaks and bacon. No strings and blue skies and sitting outside. These are a few of my favorite winter things. Everybody sing!
Okay, so I sang your song to my driver as we wended our way through the mountains. I had told him poetry must be about to pour forth on this auspicious anniversary. It was, wasn't it? Poetry, I mean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2891439321.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	52044

SE of Chattanooga. The trees are bare but the shrubbishes are green. There was snow up near Mt. Eagle, mostly a dusting on the grass and none on the road.

No palm trees in sight just yet. We're working on that.

I was just about to ask: Is Plano thawed out yet? Has Little Rock lost its ice? And where oh where are Don & Sandee???

Mistletoe! I know we're truly in the south now. I remember on a trip once my dad climbing a tree just to get some for my preteen self. That's love!

Climbing every mountain, fording every stream ... following that rainbow ....

Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #8108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Little Rock reporting.....CLEAR Roads, expecting daytime highs in upper 60s maybe 70 this week. Weatherman says don't get too excited, the cold will return!
Old 12-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #8109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Okay, so I sang your song to my driver as we wended our way through the mountains. I had told him poetry must be about to pour forth on this auspicious anniversary. It was, wasn't it? Poetry, I mean. SE of Chattanooga. The trees are bare but the shrubbishes are green. There was snow up near Mt. Eagle, mostly a dusting on the grass and none on the road. No palm trees in sight just yet. We're working on that. I was just about to ask: Is Plano thawed out yet? Has Little Rock lost its ice? And where oh where are Don & Sandee??? Mistletoe! I know we're truly in the south now. I remember on a trip once my dad climbing a tree just to get some for my preteen self. That's love! Climbing every mountain, fording every stream ... following that rainbow .... Cheers! Sue
So nice that you have a driver. Does he do windows?

Shrubbishes. Nifty word there. I'm stealin it.

Sounds like things are good on the Rainbow for ya. Holler when you strike warm.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #8110

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue - poetry indeed!

Looking good in the RVMdom-hood! Steady as she goes.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #8111

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sue all f the DFW has indeed thawed out and in typical N. Texas fashion upper 60's and 70's all week
Old 12-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #8112

Vintage RV Owners Club
Somebody say poetry?

I read Steve's little song and this little ditty flitted through my mind...

Not all of us are fulltime,
Not all of us are straight,
Not all of us think bacon
is something for our plate.

But on the rainbow clearly
we all see eye to eye
that camping is the passion
not the trip nor the why

The journey is the best part
Destination, our goal.
So rope lights are ok— if
they make your RV home.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #8113

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Somebody say poetry?

I read Steve's little song and this little ditty flitted through my mind...

Not all of us are fulltime,
Not all of us are straight,
Not all of us think bacon
is something for our plate.

But on the rainbow clearly
we all see eye to eye
that camping is the passion
not the trip nor the why

The journey is the best part
Destination, our goal.
So rope lights are ok— if
they make your RV home.
Hey Marty !!

Well done with the prose and poetry. 3 Hazahhssss and a Cheer or two for you.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #8114

Monaco Owners Club
Marty, that was awesome! Thanks for including ALL of us!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #8115

Quote:
Somebody say poetry? I read Steve's little song and this little ditty flitted through my mind... Not all of us are fulltime, Not all of us are straight, Not all of us think bacon is something for our plate. But on the rainbow clearly we all see eye to eye that camping is the passion not the trip nor the why The journey is the best part Destination, our goal. So rope lights are ok— if they make your RV home.
Ahoooah!!! Infiniclusive, that's the mutant way. That infinite rainbow stuck in my mind.

Pardon me if I make up words. I had a nap, so there's no valid excuse.

Atlanta was a piece of cake: I slept through most of it. Easy peasy! It's sunny now as we close in on Macon, and it's 47.9*. Five hundred miles to go...two more gentle days.

If I could just stay awake, I could get a lot of knitting done!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #8116

Quote:
Somebody say poetry? I read Steve's little song and this little ditty flitted through my mind... Not all of us are fulltime, Not all of us are straight, Not all of us think bacon is something for our plate. But on the rainbow clearly we all see eye to eye that camping is the passion not the trip nor the why The journey is the best part Destination, our goal. So rope lights are ok— if they make your RV home.
Well done!
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #8117

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow, so many talented mutants showing their stuff today, day 0/8/2 (years/months/days) of RVMdom. So many new words for the RVM lexicon dictionary. Did ya get those Steve?

Some are reporting outside temps that are tolerable (sniff, sniff) while I'm just excited that it was warm enough to walk the dogs as long as we didn't get too far from the wind sheltering cliffs. We tried to walk out to the point to look at the river, but the wind was bone-chilling cold.

In a moment of clarity I remembered that I bought a short wetsuit, fins, mask and snorkel almost 3 years ago, before I took possession of my Moho, with the anticipation of learning to snorkel in the warmish waters off Key West. Today I will dig thru the basement to find them and will use them to augment my knee physical therapy program in my host's unseated indoor pool. You thought I was going to say the river, didn't ya? I'm not a total idiot, I just play one on Saturdays.

Have a most glorious day my mutant friends. Look! Up in the sky! It's the sun!.... And now it's gone again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #8118

A beautiful sunny day here in OZ land. 64 degrees out, sipping wine while we watch the Chiefs beat up on the Raiders. Baby back ribs on the grill, but no jalapeños in the house to grill.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #8119

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Here's a ponder for y'all--
I'm in the habit of checking whose online. On the full site, not mobile sorry, at the bottom of every page there is a line that says--