Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #81607

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sena and I went to Rock Rapids, IA today. Sandee wanted to introduce Sena to her work friends. Sena was a bit overwhelmed but did manage to show off her belly ache in fine style.

On the way back to Larchwood I saw a sign pointing north that said, "Steen MN 6 miles ->" Any relatives live there, Dave?

I found these individual hummingbird feeders at Dollar General. What a great idea! No fighting over nectar! I've stopped and bought out every store that we have passed since leaving Texas. Each store only had a few but I think I have enough now for Seattle and Notta Ranch. Sue, I’m saving the yellow bags for you!

Dang! I don’t have enough internet connection to post the photo of the feeder. They are about 5” long with only 1 feeding station and cost $1.50 each.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #81608

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
MegaOhmms to Kenlee and moving Ohmms to Di and Larry. Where are those moving gnomes when you need them?

RVM Ohms for Kenlee and Ohms for an easy move in!

Quote:

On the way back to Larchwood I saw a sign pointing north that said, "Steen MN 6 miles ->" Any relatives live there, Dave?

Yup. Steen Minnesota, founded by my Great Grandfather Oley Steen!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #81609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Hello Muties....
Well, a few ohms and prayers for my best half requested. Her name's Faith, and she's recovering from a burst appendix operation Wednesday. Looking to head home soon hopefully.

Deuce, I have faith that Faith will do well. But Ohms and [emoji120][emoji120] just in case
Old 05-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #81610
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hello Muties....
Well, a few ohms and prayers for my best half requested. Her name's Faith, and she's recovering from a burst appendix operation Wednesday. Looking to head home soon hopefully.

Oh darn, oh darn. May prayers and ohms your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
My fingers arent the only part that is tired, try my mind, my legs and my back.....

Pod comes today, movers tomorrow, then begin unpacking, and wondering why I saved as much crap as I did.... lol..

Right now it feels like we are in a vaca condo... nothing feels like its ours..

To those on/not on facebook.....
my 15yo great niece was in a ATV accident on sunday, her left arm was severed between shoulder and elbow... med flighted her to Childrens Hospital... she has had 3 surgeries so far this week.... as of now they are optimistic that her arm will be saved, but again, that is always touch and go..... her name is Kenlee St John and all ommmms are appreciated....

Double double darn! Our prayers are with her and let us also pray that the technology is there to dave her arm.

====================

On another note, and most likely some of you have see on FB, Earlene had cataract surgery yesterday. Today was a follow up and so far so good. They can do miracles now, 'cause it makes me look even more handsome and with one eye closed her depth perception makes me look thinner. Woopee! No need for a diet.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #81611

Quote:
It seems like it’s time for a group check in again. Where is everyone and where are you going from there? Speak up Muties!

We are in Larchwood, Iowa which is in the far northwest corner of the state, at the home of Sandee and Dave, who I have known since 1985. We all worked as 7-11 managers in Arlington, Texas back then.

We'll be here thru the weekend and then head west thru South Dakota and then north into Montana.

I’ll stop in Mitchell, SD and check out, InSoFast, a company that makes rigid foam insulation for shipping containers that has plastic studs and wiring channels built into it. That way we can put upper cabinets in Connie without any welding or false walls. I guess I need to decide how much of Connie will become house.
Wow! InSoFast sounds amazing for your purposes! Keep us posted, please.

Us'ns are home on the hill for the summer, the next outing not scheduled until the Thor Diesel Club rally at Elkhart County Fairgrounds in October.

Planting has finally begun after monumental rains, & the frogs around the pond are shouting the odds. Once again there is at least one bullfrog adding bass to the chorus. It looks like a full moon and farmers are still out w#%king. To paraphrase an Old Testament verse, the song of the tractor is heard in the land! Ah, the peace & quiet of the countryside!

Apparently our tire debacle is not going to be warranteed (big cantaloupe-sized blister that could have burst at speed) because the company thinks we hit something with it. We didn't.

Next check-in?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #81612

Ommms for Kenlee's surgeries & recovery. Omg what a frightening time!

Ommms for you 2 too. Moving may sound exciting, but we all know it's among the biggest stressors there are. It will eventually all settle out, of course, and it will be yours, all yours. You can hardly wait for that, right?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #81613

Quote:
Hello Muties....
Ommms for Faith's recovery! Thank goodness for those emergency teams, even if it does usually seem to take hours. (Been there, too.) I hope it all goes well for her.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #81614

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
It seems like it’s time for a group check in again. Where is everyone and where are you going from there? Speak up Muties!
We're in Chautauqua New York and having a great time with the couple who stood up with us when we got married.
Quote:
We are in Larchwood, Iowa which is in the far northwest corner of the state, at the home of Sandee and Dave, who I have known since 1985. We all worked as 7-11 managers in Arlington, Texas back then.
Silver Creek is a super great place to be and we are enjoying assisting in the rebuilding of their newly acquired property. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8288.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	246350
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8292.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	246351Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8293.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	246352Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8295.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	246353
Quote:
We'll be here thru the weekend and then head west thru South Dakota and then north into Montana.

I’ll stop in Mitchell, SD and check out, InSoFast, a company that makes rigid foam insulation for shipping containers that has plastic studs and wiring channels built into it. That way we can put upper cabinets in Connie without any welding or false walls. I guess I need to decide how much of Connie will become house.
We leave here for Ottawa Ontario on June 2nd an we will get to meet our great granddaughter for the first time. We are so looking forward to also going to Cambridge Ontario and seeing our great grandson who lives there. Anyway we will be roaming around Ontario for a bit and then headed to Sault Ste Marie On via the Michigan peninsulas. Will keep on trucking for the duration of the summer eventually ending up in BC so we can again go camping with our dear friends Joe and Kelly Click image for larger version

Name:	PC310055.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	503.8 KB
ID:	246354
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:29 AM   #81615

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Good morning!

We'll be leaving the house in a few hours headed to the lake in our MH. 45 years ago we left the church in a MH headed to the lake. How time flys, some things changing somethings staying the same.
Happy Anniversary Mary and Tim.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #81616

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Good morning!

We'll be leaving the house in a few hours headed to the lake in our MH. 45 years ago we left the church in a MH headed to the lake. How time flys, some things changing somethings staying the same.

Happy Anniversary kids!
Isn’t it amazing how quickly time can pass when your best friend is also in charge? [emoji6]
Congratulations! What MH did you have back then?
Old 05-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #81617

Happy Birthday Martin!
Old 05-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #81618

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Faith thanks you all for the well wishes, it is greatly appreciated. Doing better today. She said those traveling to be safe too.
The power of prayer, and knowing there are friends who do care means a lot.
Happy anniversary Tim & Mary, congratulations and blessings to you.
Happy birthday Martin!! You're a May baby like me, I neglected to tell anyone I now realize [emoji2] mine's the 14th. Have a great day, have a piece of cake for me too!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #81619

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Faith thanks you all for the well wishes, it is greatly appreciated. Doing better today. She said those traveling to be safe too.
The power of prayer, and knowing there are friends who do care means a lot.
Happy anniversary Tim & Mary, congratulations and blessings to you.
Happy birthday Martin!! You're a May baby like me, I neglected to tell anyone I now realize [emoji2] mine's the 14th. Have a great day, have a piece of cake for me too!
Belated Happy Birthday! Now that you have mentioned it, our lust keeper will help us remember. Sure hope you had fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #81620
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy Birthday Martin.

Happy Anniversary Tim and Mary. (Mary, how in the world did you put up with him this long?)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote