Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #8219

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
"Better the fur
from a dog you know,
Than fleece from a sheep
you'll never meet!"

Cheers!
Sue
Ummmm I think you spelt meat wrong.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #8220

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Thanks.

I like to think that RVMs to not INclude, so to speak. It is that we do not EXclude. A simple thing for us, not so for others.....
Dave - I've been pondering this since you wrote it. You started by placing "Not" in front of INclude and EXclude. That seems to make each their opposite - to Not Include is to Exclude and to Not Exclude is to Include. But what I think you were saying is we do neither. Anyone that declares to not have some things in their RV and they don't miss having them, and the journey is their destination is welcome. We have no barriers, which to me is the inclusive union set of the two requirements. There are mutants, mutants in waiting, and non-mutants. That's it as far as I can tell.

When you think about set theory, in the Universe there is one circle - those who don't have and don't miss some things - in another circle, those who make the journey their destination. The union set being the overlap (the RVMdom / Rainbow). Outside of the union set is everyone else, including non-mutants and future mutants. And of course the circle of those who have everything - miss things - and don't make the journey their Destination is there as well.

Since we do not pick and choose RVMs - or limit in any way who is or is not a mutant other than the two requirements, I feel like we are all inclusive. Being an RVM is a personal declaration - and inclusion or exclusion is a self directed choice. And, to all that have yet to determine their mutantness - the door remains open. Seems pretty inclusive to me, and down right friendly too.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #8221

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hello, my name is Dennis
and I am an RVM.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #8222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
She could...but if you got damp you'd smell like wet dog....
Yeah! He would think I was the best smelling Grandpa ever!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #8223

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Hello, my name is Dennis
and I am an RVM.
Welcome Dennis. Would ya care for some bacon and a beverage? Or perhaps a bacon flavored beverage?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #8224

Quote:
That's me: predictable...to a point! And funny "odd woman out" is a given! Mutant material from the get-go.

Tell ya whut: Send me some of that puppy fur and I'll test it fer ye. Don't put it in plastic, though. Paper, please!

I've seen sweaters made from Newfies blown undercoat and they look like angora. Prolly why it's called chiengora.

"Better the fur
from a dog you know,
Than fleece from a sheep
you'll never meet!"

Cheers!
Sue
Pix of a headband I knitted from yarn spun from fur from my golden retriever combined with black shetland sheep. Hard to get a good pix because the I-pad couldn't figure out what to focus on, it is so fluffy! Very warm and not stinky when wet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	52155  
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
We call it "Brefcus" in our house cause that's the way my daughter used to said when she was little. There are a few other strange words that have stuck in our family language such as, Lets decorate the "Chripens Tree" or pass me a "nakin".
At our house we eat "basgetti" instead of spagetti, courtesy of our daughter's youth, and when something goes missing we say "It's gone to Cubby" because when our son was little and something disappeared he said his imaginary friend Cubby took it. Very handy, those imaginary friends!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #8226

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
At our house we eat "basgetti" instead of spagetti, courtesy of our daughter's youth, and when something goes missing we say "It's gone to Cubby" because when our son was little and something disappeared he said his imaginary friend Cubby took it. Very handy, those imaginary friends!
Always has been busgetti. And noodles are noo-noos.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #8227

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
For a long time people thought the D-Vees were nutz, the girls all wore skirfishes instead of the normal kerchiefs. My younger sister sure had a problem pronunciating that one.
My family has toadda trucks for tow trucks and screwver for screw driver, from my nephew, Keiith and "Here me am" from my brother Jim, his dad. Both gems spoken by them at age 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #8228

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post

I really need to find one of those maps of the U.S to put on the coach and then fill in the states as I finally get there, so I can proudly say, the Journey is the Destination.

Cheers !!!!!

Now you may discuss this amongst yourselves .....
Here ya go, Jeff

The digital version
Visited States Map: States Visited Map, Where I've Been Map, Colored Map of The United States, Map of States Visited.

The deluxe sticker version
CCI 100 Permanent State Sticker : Amazon.com : Automotive

And Seinfeld, despite what the say, was a show about 4 friends and their lives. I don't know where they get the about nothing. Friends are something to be treasured.

One year when the company I worked for before retiring only had ~ 25 employees we had a dirty Santa gift exchange. My gift was a bag filled with chocolate candy gold coins and half dollars and a tag that read, "New friends and old, one is silver, the other is gold."

When I left in 2011 there were over 150 employees. I missed the days when I knew everyone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #8229

Update:
Set up last night at Cracker Barrel in Venice FL:

Name:	image-612175963.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	661.4 KB
ID:	52165

This afternoon in our new site in the KOA:

Name:	image-829342246.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	594.4 KB
ID:	52166

The new Bella might fit in our originally designated spot, but the palm trees there wouldn't allow the slides to deploy. Oops! So we're in a new neighborhood in the park, with new neighbors, close to mailbox and laundry. It's also closer than I like to the shuffleboard court.

It's all okay, though. The boat landing is closer, too, and my kayak feels right at home.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Just not here!

Y'all stay safe, and I wish you happy holidays, however and wherever you celebrate.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #8230

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Ive never been to Washington D.C. yet either or the Shenandoah Valley.
When you do make it to our neck of the woods, I'd love to be your tour guide! Mary grew up in the D.C. area, and the Shenandoah Valley is our home. Fall is the prime time to visit - we have pretty color on the mountains, and there's a fabulous art festival the second weekend in October. Come and see us, y'all!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #8231

Quote:
Update: Set up last night at Cracker Barrel in Venice FL: This afternoon in our new site in the KOA: The new Bella might fit in our originally designated spot, but the palm trees there wouldn't allow the slides to deploy. Oops! So we're in a new neighborhood in the park, with new neighbors, close to mailbox and laundry. It's also closer than I like to the shuffleboard court. It's all okay, though. The boat landing is closer, too, and my kayak feels right at home. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Just not here! Y'all stay safe, and I wish you happy holidays, however and wherever you celebrate.
Wow! You made it. Great report.
I would be likin that place, but only a whole lot!
Pics of the yakin? Please?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #8232

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post

When you do make it to our neck of the woods, I'd love to be your tour guide! Mary grew up in the D.C. area, and the Shenandoah Valley is our home. Fall is the prime time to visit - we have pretty color on the mountains, and there's a fabulous art festival the second weekend in October. Come and see us, y'all!
Hi Elizabeth,

You can count on it, I know we will find your neck of the woods sooner or later. But yeah we want to see it close up.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote