RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-10-2019, 10:47 PM   #83133
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
It rained, misted, sleeted, and tried to blow us off the road.... in Southern Colorado. So we went slower than normal, about 70 mph.
The first points are true, the last is off by 15 mph.
We left KOA Pueblo South this morning to take advantage of 70 today and 23 tonight inLas Vegas NM; 40 and 10 better than Pueblo.

Tonight: onboard water and 3 space heaters when the heat pumps fade (aqua-hot not functioning). But thatís camping; Mutation, as it goes.

And your day?
Our day went something like this, up early to cool fall weather. Enjoyed being outside for a change. We went to farm store to pick up some feed and called Richard and Ann to meet up for lunch, they turned us down saying something about being out of town, likely story. So then spent day working around house till son came in and we delivered feed. Watched GD ride and walk the horse, spoiled the new GS then home to coach the Houston Astros to a victory! That brings us to bedtime, Goodnight Dave, Dennis, Jeff, the other Dave, Deuce, Bob, Martin, Ed, Chuck, guess that's all.
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #83134
RV Mutant #172
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,289
Last day in 60s here for a while. Big cold front starting to hit now......could have a freeze tomorrow night.
We got most of the electric conduit trenched in, and most of the campground is seeded. We'll have a few more productive days then we're done for the year.
On the farm I have the out buildings 90% done, fencing is complete, pasture is growing nicely. A bit more to do in the spring, then ready for my Herefords!
__________________

__________________
BILL {aka-"Admiral"-"Deuce"-"W.D."}
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD,
Freightliner Maxum, 450HP Cummins ISL, 3000 Allison,
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:22 PM   #83135
RV Mutant #172
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,289
Be safe and stay warm Dave & Nola, and goodnight back to you Tim!
__________________
BILL {aka-"Admiral"-"Deuce"-"W.D."}
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD,
Freightliner Maxum, 450HP Cummins ISL, 3000 Allison,
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:45 AM   #83136
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,247
We discovered an excellent East Indian Restaurant in Esquimalt BC. Corner of Esquimalt Rd and Head St. Its called Spice Valley and the cuisine was superb. Five adults for supper and with the tip the bill was $140.00 and that was an $18.00 tip. BTW they served the best coffee that I have had in a restaurant in my life.
__________________
Dennis and Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:37 AM   #83137
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Our day went something like this, up early to cool fall weather. Enjoyed being outside for a change. We went to farm store to pick up some feed and called Richard and Ann to meet up for lunch, they turned us down saying something about being out of town, likely story. So then spent day working around house till son came in and we delivered feed. Watched GD ride and walk the horse, spoiled the new GS then home to coach the Houston Astros to a victory! That brings us to bedtime, Goodnight Dave, Dennis, Jeff, the other Dave, Deuce, Bob, Martin, Ed, Chuck, guess that's all.


Yes, Benton is out of town for us!!! A poor excuse is better than none ROFL..

We will show the CG receipt to prove it.

Good morning Mary, your spouse is not talking to us ( RE: his long list he said goodnight to: ). Maybe a senior moment?
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #83138
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Yes, Benton is out of town for us!!! A poor excuse is better than none ROFL..

We will show the CG receipt to prove it.

Good morning Mary, your spouse is not talking to us ( RE: his long list he said goodnight to: ). Maybe a senior moment?


Just know that your in good company with those that missed the list!


Good morning Richard, oh and I got NO lunch yesterday at all, see what you missed! Was looking hungrily at the feed sacks but couldn't decide between the horse mix or the cow mix.

Ask lady at feed store if they had an elephant mix. She ask if I was running a zoo. Have a Hereford heifer that is on its second week separated from its momma and it still moos a lot. Much louder than the other calfs she's pinned with and to the point a neighbor said it sounded like an elephant. Herefords are sensitive critters.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #83139
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Last day in 60s here for a while. Big cold front starting to hit now......could have a freeze tomorrow night.
We got most of the electric conduit trenched in, and most of the campground is seeded. We'll have a few more productive days then we're done for the year.
On the farm I have the out buildings 90% done, fencing is complete, pasture is growing nicely. A bit more to do in the spring, then ready for my Herefords!
You must be in you 20's or 30's to be so energetic!


Good Morning Dave, Dennis, Jeff, the other Dave, Deuce, Bob, Martin, Ed, Chuck, Barb, Dennis, Bob, Richard, guess that's all, for now.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #83140
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just know that your in good company with those that missed the list!





Good morning Richard, oh and I got NO lunch yesterday at all, see what you missed! Was looking hungrily at the feed sacks but couldn't decide between the horse mix or the cow mix.



Ask lady at feed store if they had an elephant mix. She ask if I was running a zoo. Have a Hereford heifer that is on its second week separated from its momma and it still moos a lot. Much louder than the other calfs she's pinned with and to the point a neighbor said it sounded like an elephant. Herefords are sensitive critters.


Yea! I got the message! You invited us to lunch, then you werenít going to feed us. Nice guy.
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #83141
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 9,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Till that happens, jack up one side of Connie and get a head start.....
I didnít bring my bottle jacks because you have better ones.

Now, how do you suggest we get a jack under her? She weighs 8,400 pounds. I doubt the sand beneath would support a jack lifting that much.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) FMCA#F466348
"Homer" Ď11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Smarty" '12 Smart Car toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - with no end in sight
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #83142
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,501
It's not sitting on anything? What keeps it from sinking? What will happen if/when a lot of rain shows up?
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #83143
Senior Member
 
jfjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 191
Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
It's not sitting on anything? What keeps it from sinking? What will happen if/when a lot of rain shows up?
Hopefully it will float
__________________
Jim & Paula
RVM116
jfjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:42 PM   #83144
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
Hopefully it will float
Oh yea of little faith.
__________________
Dennis and Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #83145
RV Mutant #172
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You must be in you 20's or 30's to be so energetic!
I sure wish I was. The REAL golden years.
__________________
BILL {aka-"Admiral"-"Deuce"-"W.D."}
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD,
Freightliner Maxum, 450HP Cummins ISL, 3000 Allison,
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #83146
RV Mutant #172
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,289
Tim, let's see a picture of that Hereford!
__________________

__________________
BILL {aka-"Admiral"-"Deuce"-"W.D."}
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD,
Freightliner Maxum, 450HP Cummins ISL, 3000 Allison,
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×