Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #84183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Cord that was replacedAttachment 273119

Thus us between his body and controller. Very important.
Di, that's the sort of nick that one of our cats has made in usb charging cords. We now use super tough braided ones.
MartinC is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #84184

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oops Bob and Dennis are both listed as RVM#176. Which is correct?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #84185

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Oops Bob and Dennis are both listed as RVM#176. Which is correct?

I have Bob as 186 in my book.... 176 is eezMoose
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #84186

Fleetwood Owners Club
Di as a honorary member of Fl Electrical Union (FlEU) I was just wondering was this cord replaced by a card carrying electrician?
Old 01-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #84187

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Di as a honorary member of Fl Electrical Union (FlEU) I was just wondering was this cord replaced by a card carrying electrician?

Betten that... 2 RN that are highest level lvad certified, and closely watched by me....

Mostly he feels good...
Old 01-24-2020, 06:21 PM   #84188

Thanks....changed it...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #84189

FLASHBACK
Okay RVMs, who put this hand print on the window screen in my RV?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0128.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	273172
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:13 PM   #84190

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don't know nutten bout no hand print. Do know about a monkey over your shower and a guy that cleaned your windshield once?
Old 01-25-2020, 09:27 AM   #84191

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Di, that's the sort of nick that one of our cats has made in usb charging cords. We now use super tough braided ones.

Martin..... that would be great idea..... but this is a specific cord to the pump.... between his skin driveline entry and his control module....

The team didnt even have one in clinic, had to run over to the OR suite to get one...

He has rescue tape just above the connection to his body, but to replace that is another surgery....

Just another one of the things we deal with every day...
Many still dont realize that he has a cord entering into his belly that goes to his heart...... this photo was from last summer infection, normally there is very little drainage...

yesterday had a great conversation with 8yp grandson... he got a rc boat and we were discussing how water and electricity dont mix.... teaching moment about why Larry cannot get into water...

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	273214

Name:	IMG_2436.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	273217
Old 01-25-2020, 05:54 PM   #84192

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm just glad that because of all his high tech gadgetry he's still walking amongst us. I realize that there must be constant stress associated with it, but you seem to be handling it with grace.

I just wished they made something similar that was Sena sized. Her congestive heart failure is a roller coaster ride. When she will take her meds she is her typical bratty self. Without them it’s a nightmare. If only I could get her to understand that they make her feel and breathe better.

Knock on wood - for now she is cooperating. Like Mary Poppins sang - "Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down." It’s not the best choice for a diabetic, but it is the lesser of the evils. I tried all the low calorie sweetners but she knew the difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-25-2020, 08:01 PM   #84193

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'm just glad that because of all his high tech gadgetry he's still walking amongst us. I realize that there must be constant stress associated with it, but you seem to be handling it with grace.

I just wished they made something similar that was Sena sized. Her congestive heart failure is a roller coaster ride. When she will take her meds she is her typical bratty self. Without them it’s a nightmare. If only I could get her to understand that they make her feel and breathe better.

Knock on wood - for now she is cooperating. Like Mary Poppins sang - "Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down." It’s not the best choice for a diabetic, but it is the lesser of the evils. I tried all the low calorie sweetners but she knew the difference.

Yep.... we concentrate on coumadin diet first, then diabetes....
Old 01-26-2020, 01:22 AM   #84194

Is it any wonder Di & Larry stay close to their LVAD team? Di gets help asap & Larry gets to carry on being his usual bratty self. Wait, wait! Is that Sena? Oops! All y'all deal w/ so much it makes my head swim!

DGD Lucy in England just had a massive seizure the other night, after having been under pretty good control for months. Ambulance w/ lights flashing, EMT working on her all the way, & they actually almost lost her this time. Poor kid has been through so much in her life!

The child of a friend of theirs has up to 300 seizures a day. That's not a typo ... 300! The only medicine that can reduce that number is cannabis. Very difficult to get in England & very expensive, it costs them around $3,000 every month. My stepdaughter is having her hair cut for a cancer wig soon & is using that to crowd-fund help for this little girl. I'm not fundraising here, but if you would like to help, get in touch w/ me privately.

Must be late. Love you all! Goin ta bed!
Old 01-26-2020, 07:51 AM   #84195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Is it any wonder Di & Larry stay close to their LVAD team? Di gets help asap & Larry gets to carry on being his usual bratty self. Wait, wait! Is that Sena? Oops! All y'all deal w/ so much it makes my head swim!

DGD Lucy in England just had a massive seizure the other night, after having been under pretty good control for months. Ambulance w/ lights flashing, EMT working on her all the way, & they actually almost lost her this time. Poor kid has been through so much in her life!

The child of a friend of theirs has up to 300 seizures a day. That's not a typo ... 300! The only medicine that can reduce that number is cannabis. Very difficult to get in England & very expensive, it costs them around $3,000 every month. My stepdaughter is having her hair cut for a cancer wig soon & is using that to crowd-fund help for this little girl. I'm not fundraising here, but if you would like to help, get in touch w/ me privately.

Must be late. Love you all! Goin ta bed!

Oh Sue and Martin, prayers for all....
Old 01-26-2020, 08:09 AM   #84196

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OMG! That's a seizure every 5 minutes or less. I had a foster daughter who would have 25-30 a day when she first moved in. Thankfully a change in meds brought that down to 3-4 a day. That was exhausting! I had her from 1990-2000 and another little girl from 1992-2000. Using canabis or CBD wasn’t known back then. Both girls have now passed, thankfully not on my watch. I had to give them up because my back got so bad from lifting and carrying them at 65 and 76#. That was the toughest and most rewarding job I’ve had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]