Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #8583

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Military style, folks!

RST = GMT
RST = GMT = Zulu Mutant Time = ZMT

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #8584
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
if a bunch of us all sign up as new customers right before the CG@CL and then take them with us it could be one of the most unique gatherings ever to hit Hot Springs.
Lol.... Doubt it.... Hot Springs was vacation spot for Al Capone and many many gangsters... It is the second most liberal city in Arkansas, first being Eureka Springs... HS has probably seen everything...

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #8585
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol.... Doubt it.... Hot Springs was vacation spot for Al Capone and many many gangsters... It is the second most liberal city in Arkansas, first being Eureka Springs... HS has probably seen everything...
Yes, HS has seen a lot of action and shenanigans and such. But NOBODY has witnessed a GC!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #8586
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
O no, my cover is blown!

Good morning, your up awful early for the West coast!
Not up and around, just awake temporarily and back to sleep. My iPad lives beside my bed and I often check this thread if I awaken too early. I stay prone and hold the iPad with my left hand and peck at the keyboard with my right. The brightness is dimmed and all sounds are muted so Sena and Lily stay asleep.

I often wake up and find the iPad resting on my stomach
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #8587
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

GC@CL

Who asked me what site number?... I cannot find the post... Email/forum/website...... Do have it now..... Fyi 107....

Off to do last minute elf on the shelf..... Lol...
Old 12-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #8588

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Who asked me what site number?... I cannot find the post... Email/forum/website...... Do have it now..... Fyi 107.... Off to do last minute elf on the shelf..... Lol...
Thanks that would be me. Elf on the shelf? Are you sittin on that shelf again? What did your DW tell you bout that? LOL
Old 12-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #8589

Merry Christmas

Good Morning Mutey's !!!

I just wanted to take some time out of the current busy schedule to let you know why this Christmas is so special. First off this will be our
first Christmas in our new to us 2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder. Last year at this time we had not even seen it in person yet, but we had
left Michigan on Dec. 18th for Arizona. We were spending time with my daughter in Pheonix after arriving there on the 22nd. We spent
our Christmas with our daughter and Marcia's Sister and her husband. on the 27th we left for Marcia's other sisters place in Palm
Springs, California. And the night of the 27th it was hard to sleep because we were to drive to Pomona, California on the 28th to see
the Beaver for the first time and up close, not just on-line. Well we looked the coach over and then test drove it, and then paid for it and
headed back to Palm Springs for a couple of more days, before heading back to Pomona to pick up the coach and hitch the Jeep and
take it back to Apache Junction, Arizona to store it because I didnt want to drive it back to Michigan in the ice and snow. We stored the
coach for 4 months and then went back down to Apache Junction to pick it up and bring it back to Michigan so I could do some tweaks
before the S&B was sold and I was without a place to do the tweaks I wanted to get done. Once the S&B was sold we moved the coach
six miles to the county fairgrounds camping park and we stayed there till the end of July before we embarked on our leaving Michigan
tour. So when we finally left the State of Michigan in the first week of August, and headed to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to change our
residency and avoid the taxes on our retirement in Michigan. On our way to Arizona we snapped the tow bar in Wyoming, and then we
had trouble with the radiator overflow reservoir developing a leak that was unrepairable and the replacement metal tank was $400. We
got past that and made the wedding for our nephew on September 7th, and while enjoying Camp Verde, Arizona we had a chance to
meet up with Dave and Nola for a Jeep outing that was just fantastic. (of couse during this tme I was posting all of this on iRV2). Then
my dad passed away at the end of October and I am still amazed by the amount of support my fellow mutants offered us. November
first we headed to Apache Junction, Arizona and then had a chance to once more meet up with Dave and Nola, and Dave and Deb as
well, for a great day in Eloy,and Casa Grande, Arizona. After meeting four of our fellow mutants I am quite sure that the Grande Curiosity
will be fantastic.

So Ok back to the first Christmas in the coach, it is bittersweet, well actually more sweet than bitter after seeing all of the destruction in
Michigan from the ice storms, the property we sold I know for a fact lost a bunch more trees in the woods, thankfully I dont have to clean
up that mess, it is much nicer watching the sun and clear blue skies even though we lost the cooling unit on the fridge, and the valves on
the toilet. Life on the rainbow is much more desirable than living fixed in one spot for the rest of our life, seeing everything that we had
to bypass before because there just wasnt enough vacation time left in our vacation banks. Now being free to go anyplace I can wiggle
the coach into, for as long or as short as I wish to stay, and then studying the maps for new places to go and see. and Arkansas is now
at the top of the list.

Those of you still attached to your fixed homes I understand why you are. For us we couldnt afford both, it had to be one or the other, and
the mobile life just looked a lot richer for us.

So with that said, I want to wish each and everyone of you a most blessed Christmas, and a Happy New Year, I am thinking 2014 is
going to be much better than 2013, it has to be cause we are going to have the first ever Grande Curiosity.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #8590
RVM1

Merry Christmas Jeff and Marcia!

It was truly grand that we could meet up with you in Prescott and later with Dave and Deb in Eloy. Maybe we hook up yet in Yuma!

Dave and Nola

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #8591

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Merry Christmas Jeff and Marcia!

It was truly grand that we could meet up with you in Prescott and later with Dave and Deb in Eloy. Maybe we hook up yet in Yuma!

Dave and Nola
Hey Dave !!!

Yup ditto on that, I hope we can make that work out as well.

Cheers !!!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #8592

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good Morning Mutey's !!! I just wanted to take some time out of the current busy schedule to let you know why this Christmas is so special. First off this will be our first Christmas in our new to us 2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder. Last year at this time we had not even seen it in person yet, but we had left Michigan on Dec. 18th for Arizona. We were spending time with my daughter in Pheonix after arriving there on the 22nd. We spent our Christmas with our daughter and Marcia's Sister and her husband. on the 27th we left for Marcia's other sisters place in Palm Springs, California. And the night of the 27th it was hard to sleep because we were to drive to Pomona, California on the 28th to see the Beaver for the first time and up close, not just on-line. Well we looked the coach over and then test drove it, and then paid for it and headed back to Palm Springs for a couple of more days, before heading back to Pomona to pick up the coach and hitch the Jeep and take it back to Apache Junction, Arizona to store it because I didnt want to drive it back to Michigan in the ice and snow. We stored the coach for 4 months and then went back down to Apache Junction to pick it up and bring it back to Michigan so I could do some tweaks before the S&B was sold and I was without a place to do the tweaks I wanted to get done. Once the S&B was sold we moved the coach six miles to the county fairgrounds camping park and we stayed there till the end of July before we embarked on our leaving Michigan tour. So when we finally left the State of Michigan in the first week of August, and headed to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to change our residency and avoid the taxes on our retirement in Michigan. On our way to Arizona we snapped the tow bar in Wyoming, and then we had trouble with the radiator overflow reservoir developing a leak that was unrepairable and the replacement metal tank was $400. We got past that and made the wedding for our nephew on September 7th, and while enjoying Camp Verde, Arizona we had a chance to meet up with Dave and Nola for a Jeep outing that was just fantastic. (of couse during this tme I was posting all of this on iRV2). Then my dad passed away at the end of October and I am still amazed by the amount of support my fellow mutants offered us. November first we headed to Apache Junction, Arizona and then had a chance to once more meet up with Dave and Nola, and Dave and Deb as well, for a great day in Eloy,and Casa Grande, Arizona. After meeting four of our fellow mutants I am quite sure that the Grande Curiosity will be fantastic. So Ok back to the first Christmas in the coach, it is bittersweet, well actually more sweet than bitter after seeing all of the destruction in Michigan from the ice storms, the property we sold I know for a fact lost a bunch more trees in the woods, thankfully I dont have to clean up that mess, it is much nicer watching the sun and clear blue skies even though we lost the cooling unit on the fridge, and the valves on the toilet. Life on the rainbow is much more desirable than living fixed in one spot for the rest of our life, seeing everything that we had to bypass before because there just wasnt enough vacation time left in our vacation banks. Now being free to go anyplace I can wiggle the coach into, for as long or as short as I wish to stay, and then studying the maps for new places to go and see. and Arkansas is now at the top of the list. Those of you still attached to your fixed homes I understand why you are. For us we couldnt afford both, it had to be one or the other, and the mobile life just looked a lot richer for us. So with that said, I want to wish each and everyone of you a most blessed Christmas, and a Happy New Year, I am thinking 2014 is going to be much better than 2013, it has to be cause we are going to have the first ever Grande Curiosity. Cheers !!!
Hey PT

Your story is so similar to ours it's ridiculous. We too are spending our first Christmas in Jenny! We bought her in June up in Kentucky and have had the time of our lives. Luckily we haven't had major repairs like you... well except for the damage Molly (our Lab puppy child) did to the bedroom door which I haven't had time to figure out how I'm gonna fix. Also like you we couldn't afford to keep the S/B and have Jenny too so we decided to take this adventure. So far it's been half the cost of the S/B to pay for and maintain so that allows us to double the payments and get rid of that debt much sooner. Hope to be free in five years. When that happens their will be a party on the rainbow for sure!

Like you and Marcia, Barb and I want to wish all our mutant family a most blessed holiday season and a Merry Christmas from our magic carpet to yours. Indeed 2013 has been a year to .remember. Later on when we're all old and grey we will look back on this year of the Mutant Uprising and say" I was there at the beginning." (Oh crap....we are old and grey already!) ....Especially Father Time aka Wayne!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #8593
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Who asked me what site number?... I cannot find the post... Email/forum/website...... Do have it now..... Fyi 107....

Off to do last minute elf on the shelf..... Lol...
Hello neighbor. Prepare yourself. We are in 106.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
[...]....Especially Father Time aka Wayne!
You'll be sorry!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #8594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Hello neighbor. Prepare yourself. We are in 106.

You'll be sorry!!
And we are in 110, whoooooo hoooooo !!

Cheers !!!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #8595
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb was close to us but then he changed his site.

Hmm! Was that before or after he visited with us! Hmm!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #8596
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Thanks that would be me. Elf on the shelf? Are you sittin on that shelf again? What did your DW tell you bout that? LOL
Lol.... I am the DW...... Hubby is zeelarry..

« Endless Tale Game | - »