Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #8611

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dwayne, you better hurry and get well or else Shara may want to trade you in. Glad you're better, tho -- but I don't have to put up with your grumpiness when you're sick
she is sick too.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #8612

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara

she is sick too.
You two get well. RVM0 - Santa can't catch a cold but he might not spend as much time with you

Can't really help on the jeep. I have questions but you're more of the mechanic and have probably thought through them. May try to PM ya with some of them. Most of my thoughts are around the carb - like is it running enough that you know the tranny - hubs - and electronics are all in good order. Stickers / registration / inspection up to date. That sort of thing.

Again - many healing Ommm Ommms your way and thanks again for the nice Christmas card!
Steve and Annie

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #8613

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

My Cousins!
Don - do you wassail as well?
Old 12-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #8614
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
she is sick too.
Dwayne,

Is your carbon monoxide detector working properly? Carbon monoxide provisioning can act like the flu. PLEASE read this

CDC - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Frequently Asked Questions

Another sign that they don't mention is redder than usual lips, but not always. If this sounds like the symptoms you are having -- GET OUT NOW! CALL 911 or HEAD FOR THE EMERGENCY ROOM NOW... If you can safely drive.

Yes, I'm shouting!!! Something about you both being sick makes me really nervous.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #8615

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

Dwayne,

Is your carbon monoxide detector working properly? Carbon monoxide provisioning can act like the flu. PLEASE read this

Another sign that they don't mention is redder than usual lips, but not always. If this sounds like the symptoms you are having -- GET OUT NOW! CALL 911 or HEAD FOR THE EMERGENCY ROOM NOW... If you can safely drive.

Yes, I'm shouting!!! Something about you both being sick makes me really nervous.
Barb - never hurts to be cautious and good info. A few days ago Dwayne mentioned that a friendly neighborhood camper coughed on him and said - sorry I'm sick. But that was probably 500 posts ago... Oh my. Hopefully the germ spreading camper is the source!

Edit - when I spoke to Dwayne this morning - it sure sounded like a head cold to me.... Glad we were talking on the phone!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #8616

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dwayne,

yes it's working .there are a few people in the camp that are sick now. but good info!

Old 12-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #8617
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Whew, thanks! I had neighbors who almost died from CO.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #8618

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You two get well. RVM0 - Santa can't catch a cold but he might not spend as much time with you

Can't really help on the jeep. I have questions but you're more of the mechanic and have probably thought through them. May try to PM ya with some of them. Most of my thoughts are around the carb - like is it running enough that you know the tranny - hubs - and electronics are all in good order. Stickers / registration / inspection up to date. That sort of thing.

Again - many healing Ommm Ommms your way and thanks again for the nice Christmas card!
Steve and Annie
lol yes I'm a ASE master tech. I just like to ask people for there input. it makes me stop and think. but no stickers I'll get that done I got friends . and yes its running good enuff for me to check it out and it has no rust.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #8619

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok all you mutants! I went back east for the holiday, and the weather has just knocked me out! Damn airlines losing luggage, 3 planes from Tucson to Cleveland....
Long story short, very much under the weather until today. I feel better but I'm really behind on this thread. I just skipped 10 pages because I didn't have the patience to read it all. Forgive me I have sinned....
By the way, Phil from Duck Dynasty did not disappoint me. Even though I really think his views are far from enlightened, he is true to himself and did not betray his own beliefs because he was pressured by A&E and other financial interests. You have to Admire someone like that.

Anyway as I further Digress, I just want everyone of my fellow mutants to know how much I enjoy being a part of this shared collective wisdom. We all know what we want and how we want to live, and we will not be deterred by peer pressure to embrace this lifestyle.

Merry Christmas to all our fellow mutants! We will meet you all on the rainbow!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #8620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Hi every one!!!! feeling a little better.
I need the jeep people to chime in. I'm hopefully trading for a 81 cj7 jeep with a inline 6 and a auto trans now it needs a carb a top and fender flairs and paint. but I'm trading a 87 mazda b 2000 that I only have $600 in. now I will do all the work thinking of putting a webber carb and for paint Rino line the whole thing not shore about the top seeing they are not cheap. fender fairs are easy fix so no big deal there.
so any input on things to do upgrades or anything to look for.
Hey Dwayne,

What you do to your Jeep depends on what ya want to do with it. If you are going to make it a rock crawler, you'll want to lift it and get bigger tires. Make sure you have roll bars and perhaps a winch and possibly on board air. As far as tops I have a hard top, you may want a soft top, and don't forget about skid plates, ya gotta protect the vitals.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #8621

FBP is the best. No question. But, I see some with decals applied over the paint. Won't the decals over FBP degrade like on gelcoat ? Seems FBP with painted swoops is the better.
ray
Old 12-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #8622

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ginny, great to hear from you! Hang in there, let the doctors do their stuff, they'll have you see great again. Merry Christmas!
Tim,
Thanks. I'm sure that eventually all will be well with my eyes. Congrats on the new baby. Spoil and hug a lot because you and Mary will turn around one day and your grandchild will be 28 going on 29 years old and you will think oh my gosh where did the time go.

Tell Mary I said hi. Looking forward to seeing ya'll in April.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #8623

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47

Tim,
Thanks. I'm sure that eventually all will be well with my eyes. Congrats on the new baby. Spoil and hug a lot because you and Mary will turn around one day and your grandchild will be 28 going on 29 years old and you will think oh my gosh where did the time go.

Tell Mary I said hi. Looking forward to seeing ya'll in April.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I'm not Tim - but excellent advice Ginny!
X10 on healing vision and visions of Tim and others at GC @ CL - and sugarplums too.

All the best for Christmas and the rest!
Steve and Annie
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #8624

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrray
FBP is the best. No question. But, I see some with decals applied over the paint. Won't the decals over FBP degrade like on gelcoat ? Seems FBP with painted swoops is the better.
ray
Possibly posted in wrong place - but go back to fist few post on this thread. You might be a RV Mutant too.