Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #869

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Speaking of Round a Bouts, I don't like them at the highway exits. You start going around, and never know which lane you need to be in, to get to where you are supposed to turn to get out of the circular turn. What the heck is wrong with intersections? This mutant don't need no fancy-shmancy circle around-a-bout.

RVM30
Redneck mutant driving lesson to the masses.

When entering a fancy-shmancy circle around-a-bout turn to the right properly positioning your 40+foot MH pulling a 20 foot toad across all lanes giving you complete control of all traffic. Then asses your options as to which way to go. You'll be surprised how happy everyone will be when you finally move on.

Not sure, maybe someone else can answer, but below the equator you might circle to the left!

This lesson courtesy of RVM32.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #870
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I wonder what Falmingo taste like!....................
Really now. It taste like squirrel, possum, rabbit, rattlesnake which all taste like chicken. Come on, you must have known it would taste like chicken! Sheesh!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #871
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Do you know how hard it is to turn an iPad upside down to see that pic? !!! It will rotate and have you twisting like a snake in a fishbowl. <lol>

How to keep a Moonrover busy for hours!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #872
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Steve, 'member that quarter I lent you a few years ago, put two with it and drop it into a machine. I'll pay you back with the winnings.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #873
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Got the coach all cleaned up an in the storage hanger up the road. It's going in for service on Wed, again. I will not miss having the jacks down alarm blaring away when the jacks are up.

Filled it up with diesel, as that is the way I always store it. Dang! I paid $3.479 a gallon. It's my favorite station here in town. In true mutant form I did not miss paying the 30 cent higher prices up North. (Anything 40 miles in that direction is "up North."
Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #874

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Hey Steve, 'member that quarter I lent you a few years ago, put two with it and drop it into a machine. I'll pay you back with the winnings.
Too late for this trip Wayne. Played fairly long and late Friday night and about 4 hours yesterday evening. They took us for $50 thanks to a $225 win on the way out the door. Bonita Bounder was a joy!

So mutants I have to tell ya. I'm not sure what I like better about the Oxygenic's shower head. The actual shower or the improved water use. I was beginning to think after 4 showers and usual sink use that my gray water gauge was broken. I know I'm late to the party - but this is an upgrade all mutants should consider. It is mutant-worthy!!

Little breakfast - dump - and roll by noon.
RVM
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #875

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
RVM2, don't really rely on those gauges. They don't always give out the right information. Most of the time it is a guess at best. I have emptied grey and black tanks then checked the gauges and both showed half full.

RVM3
Old 06-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc View Post
RVM2, don't really rely on those gauges. They don't always give out the right information. Most of the time it is a guess at best. I have emptied grey and black tanks then checked the gauges and both showed half full.

RVM3
True.
I gave up on gauges long ago. Too much work to get them to incorrectly tell me something I dont need to know.
Just something I have that I dont need that is not simple to throw out.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #877

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Too late for this trip Wayne. Played fairly long and late Friday night and about 4 hours yesterday evening. They took us for $50 thanks to a $225 win on the way out the door. Bonita Bounder was a joy!

So mutants I have to tell ya. I'm not sure what I like better about the Oxygenic's shower head. The actual shower or the improved water use. I was beginning to think after 4 showers and usual sink use that my gray water gauge was broken. I know I'm late to the party - but this is an upgrade all mutants should consider. It is mutant-worthy!!

Little breakfast - dump - and roll by noon.
RVM
X2 on the Oxygenics. The campground where we spent last winter had 25 - 30 pounds water pressure at best. Bought an Oxygenics and still got great showers.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #878
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Really now. It taste like squirrel, possum, rabbit, rattlesnake which all taste like chicken. Come on, you must have known it would taste like chicken! Sheesh!
Well, it actually tastes a bit like Spotted Owl. They seem to be hard to find since they are on the endangered species list.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #879

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Redneck mutant driving lesson to the masses.

When entering a fancy-shmancy circle around-a-bout turn to the right properly positioning your 40+foot MH pulling a 20 foot toad across all lanes giving you complete control of all traffic. Then asses your options as to which way to go. You'll be surprised how happy everyone will be when you finally move on.

Not sure, maybe someone else can answer, but below the equator you might circle to the left!

This lesson courtesy of RVM32.
The design flaw that I see already being built into our local round-abouts is the radius based on passenger cars. Along comes a tractor trailer rig or motorhome with toad and it is going to be a dual lane clog. One way I survive is the old rule ... BIG has priority !! Motor up to the merry-go-round like you own it, use air horns if needed and spin on through. OK ... I don't make many friends with the locals, but after I'm gone they can have their fun wheeling around the circles.

A classic earmark of my uppity yuppity latte sipping community is the city posting a "round-about training video". The cars used in the video were BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and Lexus. To illustrate how larger vehicles can handle the circle, they stuck in a Hummer then a fire truck. The fire truck took both lanes in the circle.

By the way has anyone noticed round-abouts showing up on the GPS lane assist yet? So far my GPS lane assist is more eye appeal than useful. It flashes a neat picture up for about three seconds then returns to overhead view. Get real ... !! If I'm in heavy traffic, I could easily be looking outside and mirror dancing and not see the brief lane assist screen. Right now the GPS is on thin ice with me, and in danger of being put back in its packing box. Worst case of inaccurate GPS data we have seen was with some of those Texas flyovers at major highway junctions. Latest download updates still do not show the two and three year old highway improvements. I heard a lot of "recalculating" from the little voice in the GPS box. Not a real confidence builder when you are vaulting through some civil engineers dream project.

We discovered something really cool on our last winter trip ... PAPER MAPS. Add to that a new-found talent of reading road signs and mile markers. Wife is showing promise as a worthy map reader.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #880
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've really mutated. I don't miss paper maps.

Spotted owl is just like chicken but it can swivel it's head more than a chicken can. Taste like chicken to me.

Oxygenics is good, good, great. You took 4 showers! I thought there was supposed to be a month in-between those water-in-down days.

Try the "instant" shower. Works for me.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #881
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh! Forgot instructions.

Ingredients: Deodorant (Roll on prefered) and Fu-fu juice.

Use roll-on deodorant in all sweaty cracks, crevices and under arms. Put on shirt. Dump Fu-fu juice in hands and pat vigorously into cheeks and neck. Splashe Fu-fu juice on forearms. Splash more Fu-fu juice on front of shirt without having it show liquid stains. Go party!

Repeat daily as necessary or until your DW stays more than an arms length away from you.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #882

Dunno, it's amazing how clean you can get with wet wipes or a washcloth and soap! You can stay "out there" longer.

RVM29
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote