Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #8821

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
The expected bad news has happened. One of my sisters passed away at 6:20 pm cst. Another sister passed away at 6:30pm cst. Of unrelated illnesses. .... ...
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. For two siblings to go at the same time must come as a terrible shock to the family, even if you were expecting the worst. Were they twins? Very close?

Whatever you decide to do, know that your mutant family will be keeping you in our hearts and thoughts with best wishes for comfort and strength.

Warm thoughts and Ohhhhms go with you.
Sue

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #8822

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry for your loss,1 is bad enough but 2, wow!

Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #8823

Quote:
The expected bad news has happened. One of my sisters passed away at 6:20 pm cst. Another sister passed away at 6:30pm cst. Of unrelated illnesses. I can't decide if we should drive to northern Illinois in this winter weather. It's not bad here right now but who knows what a week will bring. And if we do go should we take Infinity or stay in motels with dogs? Once there we could stay with family. I am so undecided....
So sorry for your losses. The right decision will come to you. Wishing you safe travels.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #8824

Sorry for your loss. It's almost like they were connected.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #8825

Judy - - sorry for your loss. Always a tough day. I'm the youngest of 8 and we're down to 4. I lost my oldest sister (85) and a brother (78) this year.

Look forward to Hot Springs in April. Hope nothing gets in the way. A brother and sister are fighting serious medical issues.

Can't dwell on the negative. All of my siblings lived long productive lives.

New subject - - I changed my signature. Hope that makes me a truer mutant.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #8826
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Judy, sorry for your loss.... Losing loved ones is never easy.....
Words cannot help, but they are still nice to hear....

Here are 2 links to check out if you are coming to the GC@CL. The horse racing ends April 14.... And summer water touris, will nit have started. Arkansas is a beautiful state, but if you visit the eastern border, along the Mississippi River, be warn, the skeeters (mosquitoes) are the largest in the world...

Hot Springs - Hot Springs Arkansas - Hot Springs AR

Hot Springs, Arkansas

My home state, but I was born in Texas.
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #8827
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh Judy, I'm so sad with you. They must have needed to take this next journey together and somehow knew it would be easier on the family to only go thru the ordeal once in a shared ceremony of their lives.

If I had to make a rushed travel decision I would first go to National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report and check the 10 day forecast. Airports are chaotic and stressful. Taking your own transportation might work best if the weather cooperates and the distance is manageable.

Please know that we all travel with you in spirit and that your sisters are now part of your guardian angel troupe.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #8828

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Ok, has anyone made a new years resolution to try and look good for the GC? You know,
Loose weight,get dental work, eat right, exercise more, shine up the rig?????
Huh?????...you want us to improve ourselves for a mutant gathering????? We'll be doing good to get Honey's roof done and have her in good enough shape to make it there!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #8829

Solo Rvers Club
Judy, what painful news to hear at this time of year... If they were in pain it is a blessing they have been relieved of it at last.
Words are not enough to convey our sympathies, but it is all we have.

If I were you I would do the motel / hotel route, you will want some time to recoup from all that will be going on ... how will you get there will be your choice, I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts along with your sisters.

Blessings L.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #8830
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I was going to touch up the paint chips on my cabinets....:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Hey, whatever floats your boat Dave. Ya wanna do mine, too?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #8831

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the warm thoughts. Steve, I too am the youngest of 8, and this will put us down to 4. We have been planning to go to southern Illinois to look at S & B homes, so we may take the 5er there and leave it in campground, all still winterized while we run up to Rockford. Then when we return to Carlyle we can put in water and stay in it until we are ready to come home, and the weather is good enough to travel.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #8832

Vintage RV Owners Club
Judy..so sorry for your loss. It is never an easy task....this grieving we do and you now have it times two. Thinking of you.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #8833

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Well shucks. My Christmas just got disappointing. GF says she was up all night with the flu and is not coming over. It's all I had to look forward to. And there's nothing but crap on TV. Maybe I'll go shopping for something I don't need.
If you had spoken like a true mutant you would have added 'and don't want.' Mike my condolences as I know how hard it is to be alone on important events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
A rum drinking cougar. Barb, I bet your the life of any party!
Best Cougar in Washington, that's our Barb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Aww shucks Surely you wouldn't be saying that just so I don't nominate you for the next one to be picked on? Nah, a mutant wouldn't do that. Thanks for the compliments. (I think)
Watch who you nominate and for what OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Miya needs to loose weight so I'm going to encourage Earlene to walk her more frequently.

I'm going to stop eating seefood, maybe.
I like how you spelt the seefood properly.

Quote:
Ok, has anyone made a new years resolution to try and look good for the GC? You know,
Loose weight,get dental work, eat right, exercise more, shine up the rig?????
Wayne and I are in shape, ROUND is a shape!!!

Quote:
The expected bad news has happened. One of my sisters passed away at 6:20 pm cst. Another sister passed away at 6:30pm cst. Of unrelated illnesses. I can't decide if we should drive to northern Illinois in this winter weather. It's not bad here right now but who knows what a week will bring. And if we do go should we take Infinity or stay in motels with dogs? Once there we could stay with family. I am so undecided....
Our condolenses go out to you. Travel wise and travel safe as the mutants have already expressed to you. You are in all out thoughts and hearts.

Quote:
Thanks for the warm thoughts. Steve, I too am the youngest of 8, and this will put us down to 4. We have been planning to go to southern Illinois to look at S & B homes, so we may take the 5er there and leave it in campground, all still winterized while we run up to Rockford. Then when we return to Carlyle we can put in water and stay in it until we are ready to come home, and the weather is good enough to travel.
Again, our thoughts are with you.

I got home from a wonderful Christmas Break away from the S & B. Started Christmas festivities in Couquitlam with my brother and assorted family members then headed to Campbell River to be with step daughter and her two siblings and all the grand-kids. Christmas day was a fantastic event and then Boxing day we spent at a snowless Mount Washington Ski resort to celebrate DW's birthday (I am no longer a year older than her) and to watch the fireworks. Lovely drive home shopping and ogling the scenery.

Note to Self: Self, never take a week long mini sabbatical from this august chatting group. Too had to ketchup.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #8834

Had my Christmas today. GF stayed for a good 5 hours. She brought her two dogs and they had a ball. Sadie grew up with them. GF loved her Keurig Mini. We tested it and it was easy. Among other things, I got a T-shirt that says: My favorite child is fury and has 4 legs. Another one says: Who need hair with a body like this.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote