Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #8891

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Happy 59th my friend! Only 182 short days until you can start dipping into your retirement funds without penalty. May this journey be swift and filled with financial positives that allow you to join us full times in the pursuit of constant joy. You certainly have earned your place on the rainbow.
Thanks Barb!
There is soo much that needs to be accomplished but others who have done it inspire!

I have taken my last stab for a while at rewriting song lyrics - but the 59th Bridge St song comes to mind. Slow down. You move to fast...
Just like eating the elephant - one bite at a time. We will get there and this is the target year. Just have to take it as it comes.

Off to celebrate a little.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #8892

Tiffin Owners Club
OK MUTIES:

Remember to call Jeff (RVM #39) Monday after 12:00 PM CST so we can talk to him about important things like: 1) how long our tires last; 2) how our reefer is cooling; 3) how the roof is holding up; and other assorted important topics. I know that he won't want to watch ESPN2 at that time since MI will be playing KS State in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. Who is favored Jeff?

Seriously - how is your reefer working? I bought a new N841 in June and the freezer will get down to .8 f, needless to say it makes ice cream to hard to get out of the carton but that's what the microwave is for.

I wish everyone an enjoyable New Year doing what you like to do, be it on the road or being at the S & B.

Thinking about the property taxes that are going to be due next month sure increases the wunderlust.

Have a happy and blessed New Year.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #8893

Monaco Owners Club
Happy 59th Steve!! From RVM 59! Life is a journey best spent on the rainbow! The song is great. Mutanthood brings out all the hidden talent in mutants.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #8894

Fleetwood Owners Club
We're having a party, yeah, yeah, everybody's invited, The new generation along with the old. If you could get with it just a little more, it don't take much tryin', You'll find out if you've got some rock & roll soul

Happy birthday Plano!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #8895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Mike, before reservoirs that held water some would put in hot water to try and get the pot to work faster. Unfortunately it softened up the rubber tubing and the pressure from the pump would cause the tubing to slip of the metal tube. Once it slipped off the pressure was reduced because of the leak, the tube stopped slipping and leak continued. We had two that leaked but hot water was not the culprit. i was able to take the pot apart, clean it and put the tube back on the metal part. Most likely it was the hard water we have and the calcium build up. Using the wire rod provided and vinegar as suggested in the manual should keep it working for a long time.

Next time you do need to purchase one, get it at Bed Bath & Beyond. Keep the receipt and in a few years when it stops working take it back to a BB&B and they will replace it - no questions. And, most of the time you can print out a 20% discount coupon, or ask as Earlene usually has a couple in the glove box and I'll spend $0.50 just for you and mail it.

From what I have read, one of the fixes for a leak is to move the rubber washer down a little or replace it with a small O-ring. I have plenty of those.

It didn't come with a rod; just said to use a paper clip and vinegar.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #8896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
I wasn't being negative at all. Sorry if it came off that way. I was presenting what I thought might be helpful if another mutant wished to try fixing a Keurig. The leaking solenoid is the #1 reason they fail. The parts are cheap but a whole new brewer is not. I assumed I'm not the only 'Fix-It Mutant' there is.

Money not spent replacing something can be used in the pursuit of rainbows.
I'm a fix it guy too. Didn't even know they had solenoids and pumps. Thought it was all gravity.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #8897

Vintage RV Owners Club
There you are #59...been wondering where you were riding.....welcome back!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #8898

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
There you are #59...been wondering where you were riding.....welcome back!
Thank you, I have been in and out of the rainbow mostly reading to keep up.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #8899

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The paper clip trick

I've seen the paper clip trick a couple of dozen times. But having stripped a Keurig down to it's chassis I can tell you that the only way a paper clip is going to help is if a chunk of scale got stuck in the 90 degree turn there. There just ain't nothing else north of the needle that you can get to. You're more likely to put a hole in the silicon tubing and make it leak.

The trick that worked best for us was to use the bulb of a turkey baster to force air through the water intake while holding the overflow ports closed. That seems to free up stuck solenoids and/or clogs temporarily. I can't tell you the name we used for that trick........

We use softened and RO water and scale still builds up rather quickly.

The b70 will tell you when to de-scale but the mini will just get slower and slower until it clogs. I'm de-scaling my mini today! (I needs my coffee!)

If you want to see how it works I highly recommend this 6 part series : . (Part 1)

Tom must be a mutant at heart.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #8900

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy Birthday Steve! They seem to come faster and faster..birthdays that is, the more you have behind you, the quicker the next one is here. Best wishes for the accomplishment of whatever you need, in order to go as full time as you wish. Keep your eye on the prize!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #8901

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ thanks Judy! Keeping you and your family in our thoughts. Update as you can.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #8902

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ thanks Judy! Keeping you and your family in our thoughts. Update as you can.
Another milestone in thread longevity. Who wudda thunk??

Have a great BD oh second in command.

Still pondering attending in the spring, but is all I've ever committed to do was ponder attending.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #8903

Holy Batman Paws. 4 parts of about 15 minutes each on an entirely different machine? I'm all for saving money (was raised cheap), but would rather go out and buy a new $100 mini from BB&B and get a new one whenever it failed.

GF always uses bottled or Brita filtered water for coffee and cooking, so there is less chance of it clogging. Isn't the use of vinegar good enough?

Old 12-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #8904

Mutant wanderings of another STM

1) I'm really confused (easily done). I entered the mutant world today and the "Last" post was #616. Now the "Last" is around #554. Help Community Moderator "What's going on?????"

2) I'm gone from the thread for 1 or 2 days and I have to read for 25 -30 minutes to catch up.

3) This thread is extremely valuable. iRV2 is selling ads to put IN this thread like hotcakes. Could it be that some of you are earning money on the side by posting ads in your posts?? These "in the post" ads are really annoying, so you guys and gals can cut it out.

4) The e-mail update for this thread is REALLY hard to make sense of since the e-mail updates don't organize the post as well as the original. I think I'm tempted to unsubscribe to the updates thru e-mail notices.

5) My DW calls this website Steve's Facebook. I must admit that I've jumped her case about the mindless pronouncements on her Facebook. I guess I deserve some teasing since my time on the website has, shall we say, expanded.