Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #8905

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5
1) I'm really confused (easily done). I entered the mutant world today and the "Last" post was #616. Now the "Last" is around #554. Help Community Moderator "What's going on?????"

2) I'm gone from the thread for 1 or 2 days and I have to read for 25 -30 minutes to catch up.

3) This thread is extremely valuable. iRV2 is selling ads to put IN this thread like hotcakes. Could it be that some of you are earning money on the side by posting ads in your posts?? These "in the post" ads are really annoying, so you guys and gals can cut it out.

4) The e-mail update for this thread is REALLY hard to make sense of since the e-mail updates don't organize the post as well as the original. I think I'm tempted to unsubscribe to the updates thru e-mail notices.

5) My DW calls this website Steve's Facebook. I must admit that I've jumped her case about the mindless pronouncements on her Facebook. I guess I deserve some teasing since my time on the website has, shall we say, expanded.
Hey Steve - how was your holiday? Hope all is well your way. Not sure I can help much with your questions. I know Wayne has expertise in iRV2 settings and so do some others. As a mostly iPhone user I have forgotten most of the settings I have on my laptop or how I did them. But here goes anyway.

1) I can't explain your last post issue. There are settings for how a thread opens, but....

2) Number of posts - the thread has a life of it's own. Or 65 lives as of today. Some post more than others. All with good intentions methinks. Some play ketchup - some do not. Have fun with it. The test in April at the GC will be easy and Cliffnotes will be for sale.

3) To my knowledge - no one can place ads in a thread or anywhere on iRV2. So if you see them - they are generated by the site earning money. I never see ads on the iPhone - am running ad blockers on my laptop and don't see them. There are things to do to get rid of them and someone may list them out for you. I can't remember them all. One has to do with turning off the right side area. I know I did that.

4) I don't use email alerts on any thread ever. I subscribe with no email alerts and use the drop down search for Subscribed Threads or the comparable feature on the iPhone.

5) I try to keep my mindless pronouncements to a minimum. I have to say I don't do FB but others do. Not sure I would plan to travel and meet 20 or so "friends" I "met" there.

I do admit to having a certain affinity with the thread but I don't see it as "mine". If I think we're veering from the intent I don't hesitate to shoot for a course correction and think all RVMs should do the same. The amazing thing is how rarely we drift from course. As for well wishing and being grateful for thread participation - Guilty as Charged.

I did not make much progress on Web admin stuff over the holiday but do have you down as attending the GC @ CL.

RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #8906

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ha Dwayne, is it a camel? Ha Ha ha, what day is it? HUMP DAY! Dwayne, Dwayne, Dwayne!

Great in sand wonderful mpg.
lol no it's not a camel! lol thanks I needed that

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #8907

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Papa, are you referring to number of pages? If so it could be that you inadvertently changed number of posts per page. Your post was #8905. As for ads -- those must be only in emailed posts. It is much easier to read from the website and the ads are off to the side and easily ignored.

Good to see you back to posting again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #8908

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
lol no it's not a camel! lol thanks I needed that
Only 2 days left in deer season, think I can hear dem ducks a calling!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #8909

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dunner and Muddypaws, Back in the 1980s I managed a very busy 7-11 store and we kept fresh hot coffee 24/7. We cleaned the Arlington, TX water deposits off the inside of the glass pots with plain white vinegar. Could you brew a few cups of hot vinegar once a week to keep the lime scale in the K machine from building up? I would try it if I had one. But I detest coffee
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #8910

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Only 2 days left in deer season, think I can hear dem ducks a calling!
Parked in rural WA with OR just over the river, we hear gunshots all day long. I went to both states fish and game websites to see when deer and elk seasons ended. It looked like after Dec 31st it would start being quieter again, until I scrolled down to the bird seasons. It sounds like cannons going off down in the river valley. And now 3 more months of it!! Anyone know where I can get earplugs for an 8 pound puppy? Lily thinks she needs to bark at them, too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #8911

Barb, that is in the instructions, if it slows down or every so often. Again, she will be using filtered or bottle water.

Quote:
If I think we're veering from the intent I don't hesitate to shoot for a course correction and think all RVMs should do the same. The amazing thing is how rarely we drift from course.
How is talking about coffee machines, deer season, hump day, etc, not going in the wrong direction? (No offense to those who posted those).

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #8912

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What is the topic direction here? I guess I could have sent those posts directly, but then you could have had 10 people all telling you the same thing. I reply to issues posted here as a public service announcement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #8913

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
..... How is talking about coffee machines, deer season, hump day, etc, not going in the wrong direction? (No offense to those who posted those).
The intent is and has always been General Conversation among those who's RVs don't have some things and they don't miss them - and letting the journey be the destination. Any topic that advances our mutant friendship or is of mutant interest and of good will is open for discussion. At least that's the way I see it.

Personally - I prefer my coffee through a French Press - Annie likes hers brewed and we don't have a K kup - and the jury is out on if we will get one. So while not directly interested, the discussion is somewhat enlightening.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #8914

I buy cheap coffee pots.

I buy expensive coffee! Less than a buck for 10 cups (no waiting!) They last 2-3 years. They crash. I buy another.

1 cup at a time crimps my coffee style. YMMV Simple. But I am just a STM. ;-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #8915

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post

How is talking about coffee machines, deer season, hump day, etc, not going in the wrong direction? (No offense to those who posted those).
"The Journey is our Destination " > = < Our post is our direction, regardless where it takes us!

I'm just a STM!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #8916

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ah but Mike it is MUTANT coffee machines which are being discussed. Don't overthink the possible problems which may or may not happen with your GF's new coffee machine. I just deal with problems when I have to. And I have never had to clean mine as I use filtered water.
Barb, our little Sadie is terrified of loud booms, if you find ear plugs for pups let me know.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #8917

Was not picking on anybody. I thought anything was game (I.E. Thread Killer).

I bought the K machine because I thought it was unique for a quick cup. She usually uses a Mr Coffee and refills and nukes as needed. I usually have a hard time thinking of Xmas gifts without hints or direct suggestions. It filled a void.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #8918

My Sadie likes it when I stick my finger in her ear, but after about 10 seconds, she pulls away and wants to smell my finger. Weird...