Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #883

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - I just don't know where to begin. I guess the four showers - at that time - 2 for me - 2 for Annie. As for Fu-Fu -- I must pay more for mine than you do - or you have waaaay more money than I do. Never bathe in it. Lol.

As for things tasting like chicken - I have now gone to saying things take like rattle snake - which everyone know tastes like bald eagle which tastes like chicken.

Sorry to hear about your jack buzzer. I do not like that sound. Instructions say - start engine - bring slides in - raise jacks. Internal instructions say if slides out - jacks down - no air suspension make high pitch noise and flash stop engine light. Or something along those lines.

You my friend are definitely a full on mutant!
RVM2 has arrived back home. Problem with journeys of 1 hour - getting in the groove and it's time to park.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #884

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc
RVM2, don't really rely on those gauges. They don't always give out the right information. Most of the time it is a guess at best. I have emptied grey and black tanks then checked the gauges and both showed half full.

RVM3
Hey Jerry - how goes. You must be getting excited about the big journey coming up. Would like to make that trip but can't work it in. Or better said - can't get outta work to make it happen.

As for my gauge - it was indeed working. We had just gotten to the point with other shower head that unless we were leaving the gray tank open - we just got in the habit of quick on / off etc. Glad I left it closed. Will keep on eye on the gauge - cause I can't not see it - and when I see it - I can't help but push the button. Doh! Like Pavlovs dogs I guess. :
Old 06-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #885

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Steve, glad ya'll made it home okay from that exhausting drive you had to make today. Hope you didn't get to tired. You know now you have to rest up such a looooooonnnnnggggg trip for about 2 or 3 days. Oh, that's right you have to work tomorrow. Sorry about that.
We are looking forward to getting away for a few days. Wish ya'll could join us.

Jerry RVM3
Old 06-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #886

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1
I wonder what Falmingo taste like!.....
To catch a flamingo - the old stick propped box trap will work just fine. As bait - slather some of this on a piece of bread. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-326445877.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	483.7 KB
ID:	40025
Pull stick. Flamingo now in box. You're on your own at this point.....
RVM2
Old 06-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #887

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Redneck mutant driving lesson to the masses.

When entering a fancy-shmancy circle around-a-bout turn to the right properly positioning your 40+foot MH pulling a 20 foot toad across all lanes giving you complete control of all traffic. Then asses your options as to which way to go. You'll be surprised how happy everyone will be when you finally move on.

Not sure, maybe someone else can answer, but below the equator you might circle to the left!

This lesson courtesy of RVM32.
I see your driving skills () need some more improvement you road hog!! glad i'm not living around your neck of the woods.

was wondering if the tornadoes or flood waters were near you but reading your post today you must have servived physically & not mentally. must be all those TUMS tablets your taking.

see where Cape Girardeau has put up flood walls to keep the mighty Miss- out of town. glad we were all there in April. have you heard from any of the others & are you still going to link-up and go out west soon? i've not been on here lately, so haven't kept up but you seem to have a lot of BS to spread around for all of us.

it's getting past my bedtime (7:30 pm) so i'll let you keep (stirring the pot) on this web site-----------BYE

tell Mary that DW & I said hello
two slides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #888

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Rvm31

Checking in with all my mutated brothers and sisters out there. FYI we arrived in Richmond KY. and picked up our new to us Winnebago Journey today and headed south to the S&B to load it up. We are stopped at a Flyin J for the nite in Knoxville TN and DW and I are happy happy happy. Rain is common down, air on Cold... Snuggled under covers watching the boob tube and chillin! We have found our destination...it truly is the journey( no pun intended...or is it?).
Old 06-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #889

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oh here is the first installment pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-516521739.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	457.7 KB
ID:	40059  
Old 06-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #890

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
Oh here is the first installment pic
Congrats!! That is a fine mutant machine. The '13 model is on the cover of FMCA Mag that just came in the mail. Gonna have to think a bit about what ya don't have and don't miss with that one. You are the master of your journey - figuratively and literally.
RVM2
Old 06-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #891

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev
Well poop, My MH needs so many things just to get it on the road ........

But it does have a lot of things I KNOW I don't want and/or need.

It's a 1978 Executive class A party mobile and i don't party.

I want to be able to live and travel in it, in a simple existence.

Me and screwball cat.
Welcome RVM35! Sounds like you are well on your way to making your machine worthy of your journey! We all have some things we don't want or need - and there are things we don't have and don't miss. This is the way of the RV Mutant.

Keep is informed of your mutation and let the journey be your destination.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 06-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #892

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Gosh, I feel better now. My apologies to anyone who loves WY. But I have just 1 question -- W(h)Y?
Barb - I have to agree with you on the wind - but Wy is a beautiful place once you get off the open road. Motoring through is another story but how about that Lincoln memorial - wind mill farm (good place for one) and everywhere we stopped - good people. Hope you're smooth sailing now. Keep us in the loop on your travels and take care of our mascot!
RVM2
Old 06-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #893

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This morning the driving conditions were actually pleasant. winds were only 5-10 mph and the view was most interesting. I actually stopped and toured Ft Bridger State Historical site. While there the winds began to roar once again -- which causes Sena to climb inside my shirt.

We only drove 39 miles to Evanston before stopping for the night. You are so right about the people, they are very friendly -- just like Texans and Okies where I have lived most of my life.

We are at mile marker 3 and the morning winds forecast is good. We will be a long ways into Utah before they kick up tomorrow afternoon.

As for Sena -- she enjoyed Ft Bridger until she spotted a taxidermy Bison head in the museum. It was truly evil in her judgment and we had to exit. It was nap time anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #894

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Adding to the list of things I have and don't need. The front radio/cd player etc has an on off switch on the bottom side of the cabinets above the head of the bed. Lay down - look up - two little lights for reading and a radio on / off switch. Never use those lights either but might someday. Radio on / off -- never.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 06-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Oh! Forgot instructions.

Ingredients: Deodorant (Roll on prefered) and Fu-fu juice.

Use roll-on deodorant in all sweaty cracks, crevices and under arms. Put on shirt. Dump Fu-fu juice in hands and pat vigorously into cheeks and neck. Splashe Fu-fu juice on forearms. Splash more Fu-fu juice on front of shirt without having it show liquid stains. Go party!

Repeat daily as necessary or until your DW stays more than an arms length away from you.
That isn't an instant shower! That's a french bordello de-stinkum trick. I would think a Marine would at least spend some time daily with a "water hours" scrub down. lol
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #896
YC1

We never use our in dash radio/cd player. It is tall and useless. Maybe I will pull it out, build a small box and pipe the dash AC into it. That way my beer will stay cooler while driving.

Just thinking of things I don't need or would not miss.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote