Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #8961

Found in a CG:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1876313187.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	680.6 KB
ID:	52864

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3039596821.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	619.6 KB
ID:	52865

Obviously in the mutant family, a hibiscus with mostly pink foliage. Too bad the flowers are rather camouflaged.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #8962

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I know she is not going to go out and buy distilled water. It will either be bottled or Brita filtered water. Vinegar as needed. Myself, I like my tap water. Bottled/distilled water has no flavor.
It's not supposed to! Fresh running water from streams has no real "taste' as long as you get it from upstream, before the moose potties near or in the water!!

I like to add lemon to my water, I am so bad at drinking water... and that is a bad thing I know, hence the lemon, I don't imagine I would go out for distilled water either if I didn't need it for more important things ... filtered is fine for me but never those little bottles they taste like plastic,,,
Old 12-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #8963

Solo Rvers Club
[QUOTE=MartySQ;1862917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post

But then you have to take a mineral supplement because our bodies need minerals too and if ya drink only distilled water, ya don't get those.

Oh ponder here... do you suppose that is where the minerals in the mineral supplements come from? Now, that would be frugal! ......Mmmm, don't mind me, I am still on my first cuppa and usually don't make a bit of sense before 2 cups.
I agree minerals are GOOD but it is the OTHER stuff in the water that I object to, I can get minerals from my food I eat lots of veggies, (my preferred diet, and there is plain water to cook those in, I don't drink Distilled water as a rule, but if some is available I will make the occasional coffee for a change.. however since I do use reg water most of the time I descale with vinegar.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #8964

Monaco Owners Club
We go through a lot of distilled water, but not for drinking!

Seven of our eight parrots come from tropical or semi-tropical environments, so they are species that get showered on several times a day in their native homes. In our home, they also get showered at least every other day, but we must use distilled water - cholorine, when ingested during preening, would harm them. We also run a humidifier in the aviary so they have moister air to breathe, and that uses distilled water. Sometimes the birds shower with us, and we have a shower head with a filter on it that removes the chlorine.

We drink bottled spring water - our city's water tastes like chlorine, and we were going through Brita filters like wildfire. At some point, we'll have to put in an undersink filter, as the birds drink bottled water too.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #8965

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Elizabeth, when you get the under sink unit get an RO unit with a good filtration pack. I am thinking of adding one in the MH as some of the water we have ingested at CGs around the country have a tad too much whatever for our liking.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #8966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
It's not supposed to! Fresh running water from streams has no real "taste' as long as you get it from upstream, before the moose potties near or in the water!!

I like to add lemon to my water, I am so bad at drinking water... and that is a bad thing I know, hence the lemon, I don't imagine I would go out for distilled water either if I didn't need it for more important things ... filtered is fine for me but never those little bottles they taste like plastic,,,
Stream water should have minerals as it's constantly flowing over rocks (minerals). Maybe even gold.

I like just about anything lemon. Cake, pudding, candy, (Lemon Heads, which are hard to find anymore), in coke and lemon tea, both fresh brewed or store bought AZ Lemon Tea, (which is made in NY). The bad thing, is if I have too much lemon, it upsets my stomach.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #8967

Monaco Owners Club
Dunner, I make a knockout lemon pound cake. I could be persuaded to make one whenever we get to meet! I also make really good lemon meringue pie, shaker lemon pie, lemon curd filling for cakes, lemon cookies...I like lemon, too!
Old 12-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #8968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Stream water should have minerals as it's constantly flowing over rocks (minerals). Maybe even gold.

I like just about anything lemon. Cake, pudding, candy, (Lemon Heads, which are hard to find anymore), in coke and lemon tea, both fresh brewed or store bought AZ Lemon Tea, (which is made in NY). The bad thing, is if I have too much lemon, it upsets my stomach.
Noting like a some homemade Lemon-Aide for the upset stomach, with a little pinch of orange zest to help what ails ya...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #8969

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Dunner, I make a knockout lemon pound cake. I could be persuaded to make one whenever we get to meet! I also make really good lemon meringue pie, shaker lemon pie, lemon curd filling for cakes, lemon cookies...I like lemon, too!
The only thing I like better than the DW's lemon frosted lemon cupcakes is her pumpkin frosted pumpkin cupcakes...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #8970

Monaco Owners Club
Toyduck, I'd like to meet your wife! I'm sure we would have fun swapping recipes.

Shhh, don't tell anyone - I own a bakery! Our best seller is peanut butter cupcakes with whipped chocolate ganache icing. Or chocolate chip cupcakes. Or choclate mocha cupcakes...oh, they're all good. And then there are pies...I love pie!
Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Only 2 days left in deer season, think I can hear dem ducks a calling!
I hear the hogs and axis deer calling

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #8972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Elizabeth, when you get the under sink unit get an RO unit with a good filtration pack. I am thinking of adding one in the MH as some of the water we have ingested at CGs around the country have a tad too much whatever for our liking.
We have an RO in the house and the shop. Use for drinking with little faucet at the sink and I plumed them both into the fridge for ice and drinking. And for coffee. Makes almost clear ice cubes. Two filters and a RO membrane on them which I change about once every two years. When flow starts to slow down. Maybe a penny a gallon as the filters is the only expense. Probably wont put one in the RV as we don't live in it. Water goes through a softener first, as all water is soft for inside use, then through the RO system. It can make about 3 gallons of RO water a day max, which is more then enough most of the time.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #8973

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Possum,

My understanding is that reverse osmosis (RO) removes all of the minerals from water and should not be used for routine drinking water.

I heard of a case of an infant that ended up in the hospital, very sick and the cause was traced back to his infant formula being mixed with RO water. Dad was an aquarium enthusiast who thought the "pure" water would be better than tap water. Thankfully the baby recovered fully.

I have an Everpure water filter under my sink. Great tasting to drink regardless of the source of my water. I never know where I might fill my on board tank. Since I only like to travel with a limited supply, that ends up being several times during my normal trips from Florida winters and Seattle summers.

I also read about using Food Grade 30% Hydrogen Peroxide to sanitize your on board fresh water tank in a thread here on IRV2. I have the H2O2 now, but can't find the thread to see how much to use. I don't think it matters slice the thread mentioned that any excess just evaporates out. The stuff is a bit pricey so I'd rather not waste it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #8974

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Toyduck, I'd like to meet your wife! I'm sure we would have fun swapping recipes.

Shhh, don't tell anyone - I own a bakery! Our best seller is peanut butter cupcakes with whipped chocolate ganache icing. Or chocolate chip cupcakes. Or choclate mocha cupcakes...oh, they're all good. And then there are pies...I love pie!
Surely you have changed your mind about attending the GC@CL oh, please excuse the drool running down my chin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote