Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2013, 05:33 AM   #9017

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Good morning Muteys! It's another beautiful day on the rainbow and mine is starting once again with a water problem. Bedroom carpet is really wet and I can't find the water leak! My first suspicion was fridge but it is dry on the back inspection from outside panel so I pulled drawers out below the closet and no water lines back there visible so the journey continues today. Got up this morning and the wet carpet is spreading over to the bathroom so I have to find this fast. Hmmmm.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #9018
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Good morning Muteys! It's another beautiful day on the rainbow and mine is starting once again with a water problem. Bedroom carpet is really wet and I can't find the water leak! My first suspicion was fridge but it is dry on the back inspection from outside panel so I pulled drawers out below the closet and no water lines back there visible so the journey continues today. Got up this morning and the wet carpet is spreading over to the bathroom so I have to find this fast. Hmmmm.
If you have a Norcold ( and maybe on a Dometic as well ) there is a drain hose on the rear of the unit. It's a thin hose about 3/8". There is an end cap with a pin hole for draining the water from the defrost cycle. If that hole is clogged ( and they often are. ) it will overflow into the inside of the unit and drain out the front causing the water you found.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:50 AM   #9019

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
If you have a Norcold ( and maybe on a Dometic as well ) there is a drain hose on the rear of the unit. It's a thin hose about 3/8". There is an end cap with a pin hole for draining the water from the defrost cycle. If that hole is clogged ( and they often are. ) it will overflow into the inside of the unit and drain out the front causing the water you found.
Whoa thanks for the info I will check that out today. If it is clogged how do you clear it out?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:53 AM   #9020
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Whoa thanks for the info I will check that out today. If it is clogged how do you clear it out?
The end cap pulls off and usually a pin or a good blowout from the old lips works well When you pull it off you should get a healthy stream of water. This will confirm your issue.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #9021
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Oh and by the way I came into being in early 57 is that ok ? Cheers !!!
You and I are of the same "Vintage"! Except I'm a late 57'.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #9022
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Anyone have great plans for New Years Eve tomorrow night? I need to party vicariously thru someone.
Rowdy couple we are!
Some sort of home cooked yummie dinner, a couple o bumps of bourbon, a couple o episodes of Cracker in the DVD, and a couple o grandparents crashing into bed before 10PM......all of this while about 50 couples party until midnight in the main hall, at 50 bucks per couple, and try their best to assure their head is a couple o hat sizes bigger in the morning.

I know some STMs can easily beat my new years words.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #9023
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Anyone have great plans for New Years Eve tomorrow night? I need to party vicariously thru someone.
We don't really party "Like its 1999".

Me and my girls have made a habit of going up to SilverStar Mtn and do some "Tubing" and "Skating" for a few hours. Then we drink Hot chocolate by the huge fire-pit and watch the parade of skiers with torches come down the ski hill. This is then followed by a great fireworks show.

Kinda boring but, I hate a "Big Head" in the morning.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #9024
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Thinking about the ear wax thing made me wonder that if you put ear wax on your tires would dogs then just sniff your tires rather than pee on them.
Haha! (same as LOL)
Never seen a tick on a tire.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #9025

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

You and I are of the same "Vintage"! Except I'm a late 57'.
Hey Les !!!!

Good deal 57 is a fantastic vintage, I hope you are staying warm up there !!

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #9026

We will be awaiting some friends that are coming back to their coach tonight. They arrive at 11:30 pm. Hopefully they will be on time and we can get back to the coach in time for some bubbley and a snack. A calm and pleasant ringing in of the new year.

Cheers !!!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #9027
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb,
How you doing with the water leak?

In my older Winnebago there is a drain line that snakes around under the bed (King size - no storage) It got pulled off the inlet to the tank/line and caused some flooding under the bed. Fortunately it was in such a place that it was able to leak down around the neck of the inlet/tank tube.

Also, as Cliff stated but also blow up into the tube. You can reach inside the refrigerator first and see if water is standing in the back drain tank. Blowing into the tube from the outside will clear any clogs further up in the tube. Do not leave the little plug with the hole in it out. I think it is there for a purpose.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #9028

Fleetwood Owners Club
Did someone say PARTY! We have a annual event that we plan for all year! One of my sons property buts up to mine so throughout the year we pile limbs, old wood, tree trunks and anything that will burn on an old brush pile down in pasture. You guessed it, New Years Eve we invite friends, family and neighbors over and lite the Bon fire. Everyone has a good time, tailgates and lawn chairs are the decorations and serving tables and in the event fire gets out (never has) there is plenty firefighters handy.

This year with a 21 day old granddaughter Mary and I will probably stay in and ̶S̶p̶o̶i̶l̶e̶ keep the little ones, keep any that might need a restroom and or nap!

It's a big pasture, your all invited, 4wd is advised!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #9029

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Did someone say PARTY! We have a annual event that we plan for all year! One of my sons property buts up to mine so throughout the year we pile limbs, old wood, tree trunks and anything that will burn on an old brush pile down in pasture. You guessed it, New Years Eve we invite friends, family and neighbors over and lite the Bon fire. Everyone has a good time, tailgates and lawn chairs are the decorations and serving tables and in the event fire gets out (never has) there is plenty firefighters handy.

This year with a 21 day old granddaughter Mary and I will probably stay in and ̶S̶p̶o̶i̶l̶e̶ keep the little ones, keep any that might need a restroom and or nap!

It's a big pasture, your all invited, 4wd is advised!
Hey Tim !!

Now that does sound like a fun party and either place would be great. at the fire or with the grands you could have fun at either spot !!

Cheers !!!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #9030
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, the egg shell works to get the grinds to bottom so here is how you do it when there is no shells around. Place grinds in a clean sock and place in pot. Regardless of how clean it's always best if you use your own sock and make it strong coffee.

Been there, done that!
No way! You're supposed to use a clean sock!? Sorry Herb, Barb, Don & Sandee.

Quote:
Too funny! But the reason I'd only have a female dog. They may have the same need to mark their territory, but at least their aim is much lower.
Oops! You haven't met Miya yet. Our 7 year old Husky female. If she smells it up a little higher on the pole, she'll imitate the male dog stance.

=================

For new years, we stay home and watch the ball drop in Times Square. Sure glad we are on central time. I don't think I could make it to midnight.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote

« Endless Tale Game | - »