Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #9101

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Happy New Year 2014! I hope we all have a year much better than the last.
JudyH: In your signature you tell us the name of the Westie Molly, and the name of your the Fourche Terrier Sadie, but not the name of your Husband. Are you ashamed of him? HA HA HA. Just poking fun but Enguireing minds want to know.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #9102
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Happy New Year everyone!!!!! Got this pic from my son!!! It sure made my night!
I can see why, Dave.
Happy New Year!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #9103
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Happy New Year. You wouldn't believe all the gunshots at midnight, and they're still going off at 15 minutes after. So much for Shannon's law.
Yeah it would sure be nice if PHX (and a bunch of other places I know) would get the sensor systems to triangulate the gunshot source locations. I have been in some large cities at night (in times past, never again) that sound like war zones at night.

But, we can only wish, Dunner. And that is as far as we should take this touchy little topic on this forum, me thinks.

Happy New Year, Dunner!
Dave

Old 01-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #9104
RVM1

Happy New Year, you STMs!

The party went well across the street from us. Did not hear a thing!

Herb, hope you are getting dried out okay. Some of the party goers here are sure to be drying out as well.

Dave of Davedeb1, glad to hear you are getting well. I'm pretty sure you are REALLY looking forward to the FL sun and then back to AZ.

Today, Nola and I hope to finish scanning, correcting, cataloguing, and labeling some old family pics that go back to the daguerrotype and tintypes of the 1800s. A calm a quiet day on this chunk of the Rainbow.

Have a great day, you STMs!

Old 01-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #9105

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning mutants, had that first and second cup of coffee getting ready to check the doorstep to see if my pot of gold arrived for 2014.

Davedeb great looking kids, our planned baby setting duties changed due to sick kids so DW and I joined the festivities at the Bonfire in the pasture for a while.

Dunner, out here in the country gunshots occur all year long. Funny when neighbors from up North moved nearby and called all afraid when others were sighting in their deer rifles.

Herb, again I say, nothing funny about you water problem!

Barb, glad your fog lifted, I'm sure there will be plenty of others waking up in a fog this morning, and not the weather kind.

Dave, I've got a few dozen shoeboxes of pictures that need cataloging when you get some spare time.

Judy, rough end to 2013' tough start to 2014' may thing just keep getting better every day.

Jeff, DW was telling some of our house guest about our off roading in CO this summer, heard her say she would like to have a Jeep!

Everyone else Happy New Years!

IT'S HUMP DAY!
Old 01-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #9106

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Don, this is the picture I was trying to get to the other evening. Make sure you show it to Gunny and Thor.

Barb, it is only 167kb in size so you could load 5,988,024 of them before you reach 1Gb (couldn't resist, hee hee)

I named the picture, "Decisions decisions, where to go next."

The good looking one is me, okay, so it's Miya.
Gunny - since when did your dog allow you to participate in making decisions?
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #9107
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
First, Happy New Year. And just think, the GC@CL is THIS YEAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
May bring a whole new meaning to the phrase " I'll be rolling in early to the GC@CL"

Got to get in shape, you know the Olympics start soon!
Herb and I are in shape, remember. Round is a shape. I heard someone say that we had the bodies of a God, and then finished it with "Buddha."

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
We bought a little Shark Vac and it sucks.[...]
Well duh! Isn't that what it is supposed to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
You must be a closet Buddhist,.. Buddha said to 'Eat when hungry ..Sleep when tired' I find myself being more Buddha -like the older I get ..
Buddha is/was a wise person. I mean, just look at me. (and Herb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Herb, wish I had something witty and side aching funny to say about your water situation, but you know, there is just nothing funny about it!

Oh heck! I'll say it. Hahahahahahahahahahah!

Seriously Herb and Barb, I would not wish that on anyone. I do carry Sham Wow for those occasions when something does happen and they are great but I think the best suggestion was to call in a professional restoration team.

Guess it could be worse. You'll have a good campfire story once all returns to normal.

Happy New Years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
One last post for 2013 and I'm shutting off my internet connection. The natives swear that the river fog messes with cell phone reception and I'm believing it tonight.

I want to thank all my sick twisted mutant friends for the cheap entertainment that has kept me sane these last few months enduring the cold and gloom of the Pacific Nortwet.

And of course wish everyone the best year ever in 2014. May everyone have at least one dream come true. I love y'all like the sister I never had.

See you next year!
Thank you for the words, but are you calling me a "sister?" Oh well, could be worse. I could be named Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Happy New Year.

You wouldn't believe all the gunshots at midnight, and they're still going off at 15 minutes after. So much for Shannon's law.

"Shannon's law is named after Shannon Smith, a fourteen-year-old Phoenix girl killed by a stray bullet in June 1999."

It's a felony to discharge a gun in the air in AZ. People are so stupid. Hope they get caught. Glendale, AZ has a system that can pinpoint the locations of gunshots. Sure wish Phx would get it.
They reported on the news last night information on firing into the air.

Not only a felony, but so very stupid. I can just picture one of them shooting a straight and true up into the air and then not move for 15 or so seconds. A second shot would not be fired.

What is it that they don't understand about physics that whatever goes up, comes down.
===================

Again, a very Happy New Year to all who read this. May you have many more.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #9108
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne, I wouldn't even begin to diminish anyone's manhood. I have 3 brothers, but I'm the only girl. Matter of fact our family is overun with boys. Welcome to the sisterhood in the much broader sense of the word.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #9109

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Happy New Year Muteys!

Well water problem fixed but still lots of water in carpet. I'm trying to get someone out here to suck up the water with a commercial system and then de- humidifiers can do the rest with fan. Plus I want to make sure they spray carpet with enzyme so mildew doesn't form. I'm ready for this to be put behind us. Hoping we don't have to change carpet cause I don't even know what that would involve. Hmmmm wonder if my Good SAMs extended warranty would cover any of that? Probably not.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #9110

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
First, Happy New Year. And just think, the GC@CL is THIS YEAR. Herb and I are in shape, remember. Round is a shape. I heard someone say that we had the bodies of a God, and then finished it with "Buddha." Well duh! Isn't that what it is supposed to do? Buddha is/was a wise person. I mean, just look at me. (and Herb) Thank you for the words, but are you calling me a "sister?" Oh well, could be worse. I could be named Steve. They reported on the news last night information on firing into the air. Not only a felony, but so very stupid. I can just picture one of them shooting a straight and true up into the air and then not move for 15 or so seconds. A second shot would not be fired. What is it that they don't understand about physics that whatever goes up, comes down. =================== Again, a very Happy New Year to all who read this. May you have many more.
Wayne I took my shirt off cause I got hot working on the magic carpet and I was lookin in the mirror at myself (cause that's what us Gods do) and your exactly right! I do look like Budda with hair!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #9111

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
Happy New Year Muteys!
I wonder if my Good SAMs extended warranty would cover any of that? Probably not.
Not a chance but if you have full timer insurance you may well be covered. Worth a call.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #9112
RVM1

huntnski said: Dave, I've got a few dozen shoeboxes of pictures that need cataloging when you get some spare time.

Well Tim, I have scanned well over 20,000 pics so far. About 7 months of part-time effort 2 years ago, but well worth it. Ya, I took a pic or two since 1957. ;-)

This is how I was able to trash a few hundred lbs of pic albums, and so much more fun to see on the HDTV, and share with the fam.

I would be pleased to show you how it is done. :-)

Old 01-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #9113

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wayne I took my shirt off cause I got hot working on the magic carpet and I was lookin in the mirror at myself (cause that's what us Gods do) and your exactly right! I do look like Budda with hair!
Speaking of keeping one's "shape" here in Alabama (South) we ensure the physical bloom by starting the new year with black eyed peas, greens and cornbread. All seasoned with lots of pork in the form of BACON, ham and hog jowls! What's your New Year good luck food food?
powellrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #9114

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
huntnski said: Dave, I've got a few dozen shoeboxes of pictures that need cataloging when you get some spare time.

Well Tim, I have scanned well over 20,000 pics so far. About 7 months of part-time effort 2 years ago, but well worth it. Ya, I took a pic or two since 1957. ;-)

This is how I was able to trash a few hundred lbs of pic albums, and so much more fun to see on the HDTV, and share with the fam.

I would be pleased to show you how it is done. :-)
Thanks for the offer, but let me warn you, I'm a slow learner! May take several boxes of pics scanned before I'd be ready to solo! lol

I'll tell you of my experience of painting a fence as a young boy, but you may of heard it already and want to withdraw the offer. I like remembering my old possey Tom and Huck.