Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #9129
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a Public Service Announcement for the GC@CL. I got an email from Catherine's Landing this morning announcing the spring packages and this new local attraction...

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #9130

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
huntnski said: Dave, I've got a few dozen shoeboxes of pictures that need cataloging when you get some spare time.

Well Tim, I have scanned well over 20,000 pics so far. About 7 months of part-time effort 2 years ago, but well worth it. Ya, I took a pic or two since 1957. ;-)

This is how I was able to trash a few hundred lbs of pic albums, and so much more fun to see on the HDTV, and share with the fam.

I would be pleased to show you how it is done. :-)

So... you throw the originals away? I think I might have a fit I tried to make myself do that.... and, do you put them on CD rather than keeping them on your computer? I've been trying to talk hubby into keeping his on a photobucket or flicker type account...that way, you have a back up on the web in case of disaster, but they might also get "used" by others without permission also, not that it matters too much if you don't make your living that way and need all the glory....

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #9131

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Just a Public Service Announcement for the GC@CL. I got an email from Catherine's Landing this morning announcing the spring packages and this new local attraction...
Hey Sarah !!!

That looks like fun, !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #9132

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I knew it had to be sweet! Thanks
powellrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #9133

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Could that qualify as back decompression therapy?
Old 01-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #9134

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrv View Post
Could that qualify as back decompression therapy?
Well maybe if you were dangling by your feet !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #9135

A balmy 18 degrees out, and light snow blowing across the plains. Just put a big ol pot (crock) of black eyed peas on. A slab of German cottage bacon, a big diced onion and two Texas sized diced jalapeņos and a couple smoked ham hocks for flavor. All being cooked in RO water with some secret spices. Should be a great supper, and bring good luck. Wish you all the best of luck in 14.

Don and Colleen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	52983  
Old 01-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #9136
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
So... you throw the originals away? I think I might have a fit I tried to make myself do that.... and, do you put them on CD rather than keeping them on your computer? I've been trying to talk hubby into keeping his on a photobucket or flicker type account...that way, you have a back up on the web in case of disaster, but they might also get "used" by others without permission also, not that it matters too much if you don't make your living that way and need all the glory....
I somehow became the family's keeper of all sorts of stuff, including all of my Great Grandfathers Civil War things.

The pictures that are true antiquities go to my sister that will always be at home and never toss anything. Couple if shoe boxes.

They are all on DVDs distributed to family near and far, and also on my PC and on 2 back-up drives. And my family also has them backed up in similar fasion.

They can get "used" by whomever for whatever, as there is nothing to hide abd everything to be proud of.

I simply had to do it. I had about 4000 from my dad, 200 of antiquity quality back into the early 1800s, and over 20,000 of my own, including about 12,000 in slides.

Now beginning transfer of 8mm movies and family VHS to DVD (and backups). Hope to finish this year.

:-)

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #9137
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Can you say Collards - I knew you could!
What in the Sam Heck are Collards?
Old 01-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #9138

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch

What in the Sam Heck are Collards?
It's a southern thing. Lol.

Edit
At the end of the month
A. The police tally their number of collards
B. The pet store had sold 25 collards
C. The laundry cleans and starches my shirt collards
D. Me make a big pot of collard greens (collards)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #9139

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's a southern thing. Lol.
Kind of like poke salad, I would think.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #9140
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Wayne, I wouldn't even begin to diminish anyone's manhood. I have 3 brothers, but I'm the only girl. Matter of fact our family is overun with boys. Welcome to the sisterhood in the much broader sense of the word.
Ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Happy New Year Muteys!

Well water problem fixed but still lots of water in carpet. I'm trying to get someone out here to suck up the water with a commercial system and then de- humidifiers can do the rest with fan. Plus I want to make sure they spray carpet with enzyme so mildew doesn't form. I'm ready for this to be put behind us. Hoping we don't have to change carpet cause I don't even know what that would involve. Hmmmm wonder if my Good SAMs extended warranty would cover any of that? Probably not.
Insurance, maybe. Just suck it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh gosh! I would hate to loose al my pictures. I have so many scanned and so many that need scanning. I'm paranoid and have several hard disk drives. Some I just plug in to save pictures to, plus I have my own web site that I can store on. With the advent of digital photography there are not many hard copies anymore. They are irreplaceable but the images are burned into memory, it's just that you cannot share them that way except by the word. What is the expression, "One pictures is worth a thousand words."

I also put them on CD/DVD, however you must remember that a time goes by, storage media change. The next computer you get may not have a cd/dvd writer/reader. They are presently getting away from hard disk drives for the favor of flash drives. So if it matters to the offspring, what media will be available for reading cd/dvd or any thpe of storage device many years from now. It is a situation that has plagued many corporations and government agencies over the years. Most of the time as archives change, hardware is stored with it to be sure and be able to read it years from now. Not so easy for the individual.

Something to ponder though.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #9141

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE
Kind of like poke salad, I would think.
Poke salad Annie says kind of a kale with a smooth leaf instead of crumpled like my shirt collards.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #9142

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrv View Post
I knew it had to be sweet! Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
A balmy 18 degrees out, and light snow blowing across the plains. Just put a big ol pot (crock) of black eyed peas on. A slab of German cottage bacon, a big diced onion and two Texas sized diced jalapeņos and a couple smoked ham hocks for flavor. All being cooked in RO water with some secret spices. Should be a great supper, and bring good luck. Wish you all the best of luck in 14.

Don and Colleen
Sounds too good,don't hurt yourself now