Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #9185

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
This is totally exciting. Not allowed by several parts of my skeletal remains.....however.... I will just take pictures....for blackmail.

I too will stay on the ground and take pics... I get queasy when I go to s&b second floor and look over the railing..... And I know where the hospital is, and a few of the local doctors..... So will enjoy the FLYING Mutant show....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #9186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Wish I'd known about angel crust sooner! I love meringue in any form, including raw. Meringue cookies, Pavlova, pie meringue....Mmmmm, Next thing is that I need to cut out (or at least way back) on sugar, so am wondering how Stevia, Truvia, etc. would affect the resulting meringue. I do hate wasting good egg whites on a failure, but I do have 4 left over from making a custard sauce, so could give it a try. I'm just beginning on the path to gluten free and very low carb intake, so have a lot to learn about allowed ingredients and how they behave and interact. It's a worthwhile path if it will help with the aging brain, arthritis and weight control, but that doesn't mean it is easy to unlearn old habits and learn new tricks. Old dogs, you know....can learn new tricks, but it takes longer! That's a very good trade to be able to make: lemons for avocados. Bartering seems to be almost lost these days. Too bad I can't pay my doctor in spring asparagus! Cheers! Sue

SPLENDA works well in meringues.... My DH is type 1 diabetes, so i make all his sweets with it. Controls his blood sugar and satisfies his sweet tooth... It is designed for cooking and does not break down with heat... Stevia just doesnt seem to work as well in cooking....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #9187

Hey Steve, and all RVMs.

Steve has brought up a very valid point.
We have limited days and time at the GC. There have been a lot of terrific ideas for activities, but I think it is time to throttle back a bit, and ponder stuff.

Steve, you are the Potentate of awesome ideas, coordination and temp management. I ask your indulgence and patience as I kick this off.

There are 6 days and nights.

Some folks need/like to kick back into unstructured time. Sometimes, much of it.

K.
I'm gonna kick off an idea that can morph.

Day 1. Relaxed. Totally adhock. With and evening campfire.

Day 2. Brunch. Free time in Hot Springs. GC Opening Ceremonies at 7PM.

Day 3. Free time until an RVM dinner. Maybe Mardi Gras?

Day 4. Breakfast (brefast) and a daytime event. Evening camfire.

Day 5. A daytime event. Evening dinner and awards ceremony.

Thats about it for now. K?
Help me out aye?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #9188

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
What kind of kayak do you have? Back in the day (so long ago) we had two old town kayaks but when we adopted out kids we had to go to canoes because they were old enough (8 & 10) to be in a boat by themselves. We had 15 yrs of great canoeing before we moved on to something else.
Ah, more folks who know the joys of the kayak! Good memories, aren't they? Mine is a Perception Swifty 9.5', definitely an entry level boat, but one that fits my skill. There is a newer version of it that I may trade up for. Friends are now telling me about lighter weight 'yaks, like carbon fiber, but very expensive. Sold by the foot! And I'm hearing about the Hullavator too...a system that essentially lifts and lowers the boat to and from your vehicle for you. That is very appealing!

Just for the record, 4 of us went out for about an hour and a half today at high tide, and none of us took a dunking. It was a gorgeous day, mostly sunny, light breeze, and plenty of birds about...until the big pleasure boats started roaring by. They were all good enough to drop to safe speed when they saw us (not every one is!) This is, after all, a manatee zone, so high speed up this river is not a good idea anyway.

Next week our larger organized group is going up to Manatee Park on the Orange River where we hope to see manatees in the warmer waters there. Dolphins are not uncommon, but still exciting. Boy is it good to be back on the water! Y'all come and we'll find you 'yaks to borrow or rent!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 01-01-2014, 07:58 PM   #9189

As we prepare to eat entirely too much, Nola and I salute you, the RVMs, the STMs, that make the Rainbow so much easier to ride.

Happy New Year folks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1826425378.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	614.3 KB
ID:	53015

Clockwise from upper left:

Sushi
Sashimi
Olive bar
Black berries
Old 01-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #9190

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrv View Post
Speaking of keeping one's "shape" here in Alabama (South) we ensure the physical bloom by starting the new year with black eyed peas, greens and cornbread. All seasoned with lots of pork in the form of BACON, ham and hog jowls! What's your New Year good luck food food?
Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve both, the traditional supper in my family is Oyster Stew. Just fresh oysters, butter, milk, and seasoning. For DH I started adding chopped onion and celery, and we like that version too. Add potatoes and it would be quite hearty, but I haven't gone that far yet. Oh, bacon? Hmmm....

Cheers!
Sue
Old 01-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #9191

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
Hey Steve, and all RVMs.

Steve has brought up a very valid point.
We have limited days and time at the GC. There have been a lot of terrific ideas for activities, but I think it is time to throttle back a bit, and ponder stuff.

Steve, you are the Potentate of awesome ideas, coordination and temp management. I ask your indulgence and patience as I kick this off.

There are 6 days and nights.

Some folks need/like to kick back into unstructured time. Sometimes, much of it.

K.
I'm gonna kick off an idea that can morph.

Day 1. Relaxed. Totally adhock. With and evening campfire.

Day 2. Brunch. Free time in Hot Springs. GC Opening Ceremonies at 7PM.

Day 3. Free time until an RVM dinner. Maybe Mardi Gras?

Day 4. Breakfast (brefast) and a daytime event. Evening camfire.

Day 5. A daytime event. Evening dinner and awards ceremony.

Thats about it for now. K?
Help me out aye?
Every party needs a popper that's why we invited you. Party popper. Party popper.

Sugar Free Red Bull brother!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #9192

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Just a Public Service Announcement for the GC@CL. I got an email from Catherine's Landing this morning announcing the spring packages and this new local attraction...
I'm in!!! Not quite sure about that family plan, though.

DH's first comment was, "I don't want to lose you that way." Silly man!

I've only been zip-lining once, and loved it. My son and I went with a company in Boulder City, NV, and it was over rocks and dry terrain. The shore excursions from our cruise ship to do that in Costa Rica filled up in a flash, so I didn't get to zip through the jungle. :( The Ouachita Mountains will do nicely, though, methinks.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 01-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #9193

And the RVM website it there for your ideas an input.

Sorry. I forgot the "easy button"place that Steve created
Old 01-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #9194

Tiffin Owners Club
They announced on the news tonight, that a man was in the hospital because he fired two shots into the ground and then put one through his ankle. His blood alcahol was .17, better then twice the legal limit in Texas. He's being charged with 1)discharging a fire arm in the city and 2) public intocation (drunk).

We have started the year off right with the black eyed peas, ham, cabbage, and cornbread. Then Stephanie tried walking with a quad cane instead of holding onto me. She's been "walking" all day with the cane. Not long walks but recliner to bathroom, recliner to kitchen, just did recliner to bed - I'm tickeled to death at her progress. This, for us, is a great way to start the new year.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #9195

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY
..... We have started the year off right with the black eyed peas, ham, cabbage, and cornbread. Then Stephanie tried walking with a quad cane instead of holding onto me. She's been "walking" all day with the cane. Not long walks but recliner to bathroom, recliner to kitchen, just did recliner to bed - I'm tickeled to death at her progress. This, for us, is a great way to start the new year.

that is one heck of a way to start the New Year! My spirits are lifted just reading it!
RVM2
Old 01-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #9196

Quote:
Stephanie tried walking with a quad cane instead of holding onto me. She's been "walking" all day with the cane. Not long walks but recliner to bathroom, recliner to kitchen, just did recliner to bed - I'm tickeled to death at her progress. This, for us, is a great way to start the new year. .
I love good news!
Thanks
Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #9197
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
We have started the year off right with the black eyed peas, ham, cabbage, and cornbread. Then Stephanie tried walking with a quad cane instead of holding onto me. She's been "walking" all day with the cane. Not long walks but recliner to bathroom, recliner to kitchen, just did recliner to bed - I'm tickeled to death at her progress. This, for us, is a great way to start the new year. .
That's excellent news! You definitely have started the year right!

Wishing continued get wells,
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #9198

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
And the RVM website it there for your ideas an input.

Sorry. I forgot the "easy button"place that Steve created
Dave - and all RVMs - I have removed the GC @ CL Itinerary Builder Form from the website. There has been good input and using the information that was gathered so far - I filled in the Itinerary itself and it is listed under Events along with the Sign Up sheet. I believe and will confirm with my records and Herbs - that all water front sites are taken and 8 non-water sites remain. (Bear or beer with me Herb - it will probably be the weekend before I get to it.)

Regarding the activities and events. I believe the current Itinerary allows quite a bit of free time but also allows those who wish to participate in formal group gatherings and to show off the wold of game grilling - fish frying - bacon makin - and other fun things an opportunity to do so.

No formal meal or event will take place without a sign up sheet. Once you have a chance to review and comment via the Contact Us form on what's currently offered - I will get the sign up sheets out to all attendees. If you attend a meal function you will be a participant in the process. This is just common sense. If you do not wish to attend -or to sit quietly with RVM1 - or go dancing with Sue and Walter - that's fine. No one should feel compelled to attend anything or everything but if you sign up - health permitting - you should show up. Again - doesn't really need to be said.

I have arranged for a friend of mine to bring his band to perform at the Mardi Gras Party. Three piece blues band - wide range of tunes - knows how to play to a room. Translation - right sound level. Not limited to blues - but will give ya 2 - 3 and boot scoot and tummy rub rhythm and blues. Even a little ZZ Top - whom my fried has opened for. Sue - I'm not sure if they know a tune you can call but if you hum a few bars they will wing it I'm sure. I have to confirm with CL that this is ok - but I'm sure it has been done before.

Take a look at the Itinerary - if you see things you want removed or added let me know using the Contact Us Form at www.rvmutants.com

I am really looking forward to this First Ever GC and if you're still on the fence - get moving - only 8 spaces left.

RVM2
Steve and Annie
PS - kidding Dave - I know you can't sit quietly.