Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #911

Sign for my MH

This sign is appropriate for my rig .........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0179.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	40114  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #912

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

When you go F/T there will be many things you will never be required to touch.

My top 3 are mower, snow shovel, paint brush. They have all been supplanted by fire tongs.

How about the rest of the Menagerie of Mutants?

RVM1
Since moving to apartment in transition to full time - I do not miss removing leaves from pool or the occasional de-scumming / de-scaling of tile line. At least with the tile I could do that while in the pool. Do not miss the annual removal and cleaning of the filter grids. Yuk.

I see RVM1 has added to the RV Mutant Phraseology Lexicon this morning. A gathering of Mutants is referred to as a Menagerie.

A gathering of crows is a murder of crows, sheep gather in herds and fish in schools. Mutants do not murder, herd like cats. While some teach school, and some may go to school - many mutants prefer to fish, eat fish or look at fish. It would be too confusing to refer to mutants as schooling.

Since Dave brought it up - today we kick off a new and sometimes recurring feature of the RV Mutant Thread we like to call - The Mutant Challenge. RVM brought us the first challenge and in celebration of this new feature - I have a second challenge.

1. What don't you touch while RV Mutating (and of course don't miss). Not limited to Full Timers - as we mutants have no limits.

2. Can you add to our RVM Phraseology Lexicon?

Let's here from some of you mutants that stop in infrequently too!! We like hearing from you.
RVM2

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #913

FYI ... a group of cats is called a "clowder".

Mutants know important stuff.

Clowder herding is likely a speciality occupation, and not listed in the daily want ads. Maybe it is even a lost art.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #914

Is there going to be a quiz on this later ?? I forgot to take notes.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #915

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev
Is there going to be a quiz on this later ?? I forgot to take notes.
Had not considered that. Would you like there to be a quiz? I'm sure RVM4 can work one up. We at RVM HQ aim to please!

Pencils down mutants. No quiz!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #916

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Had not considered that. Would you like there to be a quiz? I'm sure RVM4 can work one up. We at RVM HQ aim to please!

Pencils down mutants. No quiz!
Don't care, just as long as it's graded on the curve..!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #917

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Don't care, just as long as it's graded on the curve..!
A very big curve.

Jerry
RVM3
jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #918
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Since moving to apartment in transition to full time - I do not miss removing leaves from pool or the occasional de-scumming / de-scaling of tile line. At least with the tile I could do that while in the pool. Do not miss the annual removal and cleaning of the filter grids. Yuk.

I see RVM1 has added to the RV Mutant Phraseology Lexicon this morning. A gathering of Mutants is referred to as a Menagerie.

A gathering of crows is a murder of crows, sheep gather in herds and fish in schools. Mutants do not murder, herd like cats. While some teach school, and some may go to school - many mutants prefer to fish, eat fish or look at fish. It would be too confusing to refer to mutants as schooling.

Since Dave brought it up - today we kick off a new and sometimes recurring feature of the RV Mutant Thread we like to call - The Mutant Challenge. RVM brought us the first challenge and in celebration of this new feature - I have a second challenge.

1. What don't you touch while RV Mutating (and of course don't miss). Not limited to Full Timers - as we mutants have no limits.

2. Can you add to our RVM Phraseology Lexicon?

Let's here from some of you mutants that stop in infrequently too!! We like hearing from you.
RVM2
The collective noun for baboons is a Congress. Very appropriate these days.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #919

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson
The collective noun for baboons is a Congress. Very appropriate these days.
Sir - you have insulted baboons the world over with your indictment. Baboons are far too productive to resemble that statement - however steeped in fact it may be.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #920

Tiffin Owners Club
You guys are starting to get "college Professor" ideas - I don't miss taking test, a true mutant idea.

Well tomorrow we leave. Wayne: we should be at PPL around lunch if you're interested, we have to spend the night with the S-I-L as she just buried her husband of 40 yrs. We've been at her place or she's been over here since it happened and I hope she does well with out her "little sister".

My DW is like a small child ---"can't we leave a little early like a week?" It is nice to start a trip with just a vague idea of where we are going and what we are going to see. But if you're going to do this you have to appreciate Wally World, Lowes, and Home Depot for supplying so many "camp grounds"
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #921

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Sir - you have insulted baboons the world over with your indictment. Baboons are far too productive to resemble that statement - however steeped in fact it may be.
That or accidentally raised the status of politicians.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #922

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

That or accidentally raised the status of politicians.
Ball is passed to RVM22. Sky_Boss looks up court. He shoots. He scores!!! The crowd is on their feet. Game ball. Game ball. It's all over.

Well played sir. Well played.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #923

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Mutants - I posted this elsewhere a while back - but on a recent journey - my BIL and I built this 50 Amp Outlet Tester. Someone posted a link to the how to and we assembled the parts as a trip project. It was something to do while mutating. Fully tested this past weekend. Plug it in before setting up to test for open ground, both legs, neutral etc. Anyone interested I'll chase down the link.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-540957915.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	40131
Something I didn't have, not sure I needed with PI SP and Voltage Controller but a quick check before pulling power cord out could make life a little easier. I like to take and make things easy.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #924

Flaggs, whenever you quote someone, the little grey arrow pointing to the right isn't there. The one that takes you to the original quoted post. Are you really mutated or do you do that on purpose?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote