Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #9227

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski

I'm confused, 3 peace band and no Jug, no Spoons and no Washboard ! Must not be a local band.

Zip line sounds fun! 275 lbs limit darn! I'll see if I can get up to that!
Ha! Well Tim, they are local to me... And like all good blues bands, they can jam. Just bring your jug, spoons and washboard and we can take turns sitting in with the band.

If anyone has a song they can sing - let me know and I'll run it by them. I know RVM 1 sings Pretty Woman and they can play that!

Remember to use the Contact Us Form and let me know your thoughts. Tick Tock!
RVM2

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #9228

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
..., it seems that either Friday or Tuesday afternoon would be the best day to go flying thru the trees.

I count Sue, Earline, Jeff and myself so far. Anyone else who ain't chicken? Check out the website

Home | Zip Lines Ouachita Bend

and see how many zips you want to take and let's see about making tentative reservations. I'd be bummed if I didn't get to go because they were booked. ...
I'm game to go - never done it but it sounds great. I don't have any idea how many to sign up for, I'll just do as told. After 49 yrs of marrage, I know how to follow instructions.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #9229

Tiffin Owners Club
We would be interested in a North West Mini as we're hoping to be in Winnipeg sometime between Aug 3 to 16, 2014 for Folklorama. I've been 15 - 18 times (when your in the bus business it's hard to keep count) and enjoyed it every time. I also want to go back to the Boeing museum as I've never been their long enough to see all that interest me. The ladies wanted to go after about 1 - 2 hours and move onto some other attraction. With Stephanie, we can stay 1 - 2 days if we want to.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #9230

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
I'm game to go - never done it but it sounds great. I don't have any idea how many to sign up for, I'll just do as told. After 49 yrs of marrage, I know how to follow instructions.

You'll want to do all of them and then wish they had more! Haven't done these but DW had a blast out in CO zipping this summer!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #9231
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Barb - the fog lifted again! Gonna be a great year! Btw - for those with iPhones or pads that may present problems with drop down menus - the GC @ CL Itinerary is here: http://rvmutants.com/gc---cl-itinerary.html

Worked just now on my ipad....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #9232

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi

Worked just now on my ipad....
Thanks! Chilly 25 degrees here this morning. And another cold front expected next week. This has been more winter like weather than recent memory recalls. Although recent memory isn't what it once was...
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #9233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I can't believe its not Buddha!

Somehow I can picture you blowing a tooter at midnight.
Qwll, P was out there with the other revelers.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #9234

Tiffin Owners Club
zip lineing

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
You'll want to do all of them and then wish they had more! Haven't done these but DW had a blast out in CO zipping this summer!
I figure that if the Geico pig can do it, then I aught to be able to do it too.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #9235

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am interested in zipping but from the website... it sounds like you hike awhile, zip, hike zip, hike, zip ,hike zip,... well... 7 zips worth . I am sure that is more than the couple of miles I am able to hike at this point in time... and am wondering if you must then be down hill and have to hike up again?
So, I wrote an email to them asking how far the hikes on the 2 zip hike are and what the grades/ inclines are for that portion.
When you read the rules, it talks about strenuous hiking on uneven terrain and back conditions, etc. ( check with your doc)
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #9236

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I am interested in zipping but from the website... it sounds like you hike awhile, zip, hike zip, hike, zip ,hike zip,... well... 7 zips worth . I am sure that is more than the couple of miles I am able to hike at this point in time... and am wondering if you must then be down hill and have to hike up again?
So, I wrote an email to them asking how far the hikes on the 2 zip hike are and what the grades/ inclines are.
Good idea, some of the ones in CO you zipped into then off of the same platform. If I can I'll visits this site and report back, may take a few days, it's Duck season here!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #9237

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quack! Thank goodness my susies & drake are all safely tucked into their pen... they are pets because my kids named them... and we never eat pets....They are too old to butcher now anyway...LOL!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #9238

Quote:
Quack! Thank goodness my susies & drake are all safely tucked into their pen... they are pets because my kids named them... and we never eat pets....They are too old to butcher now anyway...LOL!
Hey Marty !!!

That reminds me of some old friends of ours that raised beef cattle. They would name them after different cuts of meat. Sirloin, hamburger, t-bone well you get the idea.

Cheers !!!

P.S. oh by the way they did get eaten. In fact I once named a doe that I was chasing doelinda, that was some wonderful venison
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #9239
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne - we're talking about a zip line not washing the roof of the Motorhome. But that may be what triggered her interest - thinking about the fastest way down to give you a swift....hug.
If I can let her talk me into letting her wash the roof, I'm sure she can talk me into letting her zip line. Oh! Wait! She has a mind of her own and never asks me for permission for anything. Shucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Earlene will fly with you. She has wanted to do a zip-line for the past couple years. Must be a second childhood thing. Me, I'll stay on the ground and take pictures with the other sane people.

I posted a link. Have Earlene look at it and we'll get our heads together and decide which day we wanna go. Oh Mr schedule maker, which weekday would work best to go flying thru the trees?
I told her about it yesterday. I found out that the Kemah Boardwalk just up the road a piece has a zip line now. Probably about 100 yards. I'm not sure I can keep her off of it and wait until GC@CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The kimono is an RVM enigma.
As is what it conceals.
Is that like a Kilt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
As we prepare to eat entirely too much, Nola and I salute you, the RVMs, the STMs, that make the Rainbow so much easier to ride.

Happy New Year folks!

Attachment 53015

Clockwise from upper left:

Sushi
Sashimi
Olive bar
Black berries
Drool! Spittle, drool! Stop it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
[..]We have started the year off right with the black eyed peas, ham, cabbage, and cornbread. Then Stephanie tried walking with a quad cane instead of holding onto me. She's been "walking" all day with the cane. Not long walks but recliner to bathroom, recliner to kitchen, just did recliner to bed - I'm tickeled to death at her progress. This, for us, is a great way to start the new year.

Sounding good and wonderful to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Try as I might, it's a long journey for an un-retired guy on holidays.

2300 miles one way.

Attachment 53018
Come on Les, 4 days of travel to, 6 days there, 4 days back is only a two week vacation. Surely you have that coming to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
How far are you from Seattle? We are planning a trip this summer that wool take us there.
Been West last two years. Heading East this year and maybe the UP again - anyone?

Quote:
So, I wrote an email to them asking how far the hikes on the 2 zip hike are and what the grades/ inclines are for that portion.
When you read the rules, it talks about strenuous hiking on uneven terrain and back conditions, etc. ( check with your doc)
Oh oh! Putting a kink in the zip line.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #9240
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
By the way, I'm on the Free Glutton diet.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote