Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #9325

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good Morning Mutey's !!! Wow !!! sorry to read about all of you East and North and everywhere that is not Arizona that are ill and suffering the cold. Just batten down your hatches and make sure you have plenty of firewood handy for your fireplaces, I hope y'all can keep warm. Today Marcia and I and another couple are heading to Montana Mountain to do some Jeepin and Geocaching combined I am trying to send some sunshine and blue skies your way. We dont want any stinking colds sent this way at all. Even though we are from Michigan I for one dont relish way below zero temps, been there done that. Be careful out there !!!! Cheers !!!
Report and pics on off-road at Montana Mountain? Please? Is that near Apache Jct?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #9326

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Jeff, may want a lesson or two on this Geocashing. Have GPS but limited ability in its use. Will have with me at the GC. Geocashing means Cash flowing forth from the ground, Right? I'll bring a bucket to place the cash in!
Hi Tim !!!

Well I wish it was like that, I mean if there was cash spewing from the ground I'd never leave, but I'll help you the best I can. If you really want to geocahce you should get the geocache app for your mutated electronic device ( get the free one ) look for the c:geo app. Once you have that it will give you the ability to locate them, but then you have to look closely, the caches are not generally that easy to find, some of them are quite well hidden. Once we found a cache that was just an old 35mm film container and it was stuffed in the end of a dead cactus arm the only thing you could see was the light grey top of the canister and the only way you knew that it was the cache was that it certainly didnt belong in the end of a cactus branch.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #9327

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Tim !!!

Well I wish it was like that, I mean if there was cash spewing from the ground I'd never leave, but I'll help you the best I can. If you really want to geocahce you should get the geocache app for your mutated electronic device ( get the free one ) look for the c:geo app. Once you have that it will give you the ability to locate them, but then you have to look closely, the caches are not generally that easy to find, some of them are quite well hidden. Once we found a cache that was just an old 35mm film container and it was stuffed in the end of a dead cactus arm the only thing you could see was the light grey top of the canister and the only way you knew that it was the cache was that it certainly didn't belong in the end of a cactus branch.

Cheers !!!
But what was in the canister? Did you leave a slip of paper with your names on it as being a winner of that find? have tried that once, never made it.....circled and circled with the kids an hour or more and then it looked like the way in was to tread on parochial school grounds during school hours... umm, nope. several fun sites online to help locate other geocaches....will want to do more as it is a fun way to hike.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #9328

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Report and pics on off-road at Montana Mountain? Please? Is that near Apache Jct?
Hi Dave !!!

Yep Ill make sure that we send pics of the off-road extravaganza later today. Montana Mountain is about 15 miles SW of Apache Junction off of Hewitt Station Road in the Tonto National Forest and takes you to the edge of the Superstition Wilderness its about 30 miles long start to finish and an easy trail. We are taking our next door neighbors and lifelong friends Dave and Toni, Marcia and Toni used to work at the same hospital together back in the day when we still had to work to maintain the life we were accustomed to. Anyway Since they are new to Jeepin, I'll try to break them in right, and perhaps one day convince them that they should be towing a Jeep.

Cheers !!!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #9329

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Tim !!!

Well I wish it was like that, I mean if there was cash spewing from the ground I'd never leave, but I'll help you the best I can. If you really want to geocahce you should get the geocache app for your mutated electronic device ( get the free one ) look for the c:geo app. Once you have that it will give you the ability to locate them, but then you have to look closely, the caches are not generally that easy to find, some of them are quite well hidden. Once we found a cache that was just an old 35mm film container and it was stuffed in the end of a dead cactus arm the only thing you could see was the light grey top of the canister and the only way you knew that it was the cache was that it certainly didnt belong in the end of a cactus branch.

Cheers !!!
I'm sorry, Film Container, not sur what you speak of! My camera don't got no film! lol

I mainly use my gps to navigate the lakes at night so I don't run over an island in the dark. Also helps locate my trout lines in pitch darkness or fog.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #9330

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
But what was in the canister? Did you leave a slip of paper with your names on it as being a winner of that find? have tried that once, never made it.....circled and circled with the kids an hour or more and then it looked like the way in was to tread on parochial school grounds during school hours... umm, nope. several fun sites online to help locate other geocaches....will want to do more as it is a fun way to hike.
Hey Marty !!!

Inside the canister is a log sheet and you sign your name and date, then on the geocaching app I enter it as well and it is recorded there also, sometimes we even leave a travelbug or pick one up and move it along. the geocache app gives you clues of what to look for and how big the cache is and who left it and all kinds of other info also. It is a great way to spend the day. And I have already checked, there are caches hidden along the way on the trail that circles Montana Mountain.

Cheers !!!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #9331

Quote:
I'm sorry, Film Container, not sur what you speak of! My camera don't got no film! lol

I mainly use my gps to navigate the lakes at night so I don't run over an island in the dark. Also helps locate my trout lines in pitch darkness or fog.

Tim,

In the old days there used to be cameras that you had to physically load the film, and then you maually had to forward the spool so's ya could take another picture, and of course in dem days ya had to take the roll of film to someone that processed that film for you. I'm thinking you should be able to remember dem dere days but if not then we may have lots more to discuss at the GC, and even at the rally in Myrtle Beach as well. But I'm positive I can learn ya some.

Cheers !!!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #9332

Jeff, sign the geocache slip as RVM39? ;-)
Old 01-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #9333

Quote:
Jeff, sign the geocache slip as RVM39? ;-)
Ummmm I would but then they wouldn't know who it was
Old 01-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #9334

Quote:
Ummmm I would but then they wouldn't know who it was
As "Jeff, RVM39"
Old 01-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #9335

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Tim,

In the old days there used to be cameras that you had to physically load the film, and then you maually had to forward the spool so's ya could take another picture, and of course in dem days ya had to take the roll of film to someone that processed that film for you. I'm thinking you should be able to remember dem dere days but if not then we may have lots more to discuss at the GC, and even at the rally in Myrtle Beach as well. But I'm positive I can learn ya some.

Cheers !!!
You old timers have such great stories.lol

Seriously, I would like to learn more. Have done a couple that were like beginner caches and very easy, therefore I really didNt learn much. If there is sites near Hot Springes like in the Ouchita Mountains, maybe a little jeeping and caching could be combined.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #9336

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Les and Marty !!!

That concoction sounds like it would be a good remedy for lots of ills. I bet it works on aches and pains and colds and flu both. I think I'm going to keep that recipe handy for a just in case type of ailment. I bet it would even work if you didnt have an ailment.

Cheers !!!
Les makes up ailments so Bonney will give him the key to the likker cabinet.

Quote:
Tim,

Cheers !!!
Whatchu talking bout Willis? There's three of mine that still do.

Quote:
As "Jeff, RVM39"
Jeff, RVM 39 just not quite Possum.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #9337

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Well it looks like another round is coming through tonight. Highway department promises they have both snow plows working. lol I don't think the mountains in AR will be quit like the Rockies and the passes here don't quit have the elevation. Do y'all have a tentative itinary after the GC and leading up to the IRV2 national at Myrtle Beach? We've been gathering ideas!
After leaving CL we are thinking about TN for a couple of days, then on to Kentucky. Will probably visit Louisville. We will definitely be going to Casey County to visit my 4th great grandfather's historical birthplace/marker in addition I hope to be able to visit with a distant cousin. Then onto Illinoi, not sure exactly sure yet where we will go there. We are going to the Hannibal area in Missouri so that I can do my geneology research in that area. Then will head to Lee's Summit to visit with my cousin and then head home. Will probably be home by the first part of June. Will leave in August to head out to the east coast for the Myrtle Beach rally. If you and Mary or anyone else is interested in the TN, Kentucky, Illinois part of the trip more than welcome to join us. I am only to do actual family research in Missouri.
Oh yea, we are also going to Indiana to visit Indianapolis and the race track there.
ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #9338

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47 View Post
After leaving CL we are thinking about TN for a couple of days, then on to Kentucky. Will probably visit Louisville. We will definitely be going to Casey County to visit my 4th great grandfather's historical birthplace/marker in addition I hope to be able to visit with a distant cousin. Then onto Illinoi, not sure exactly sure yet where we will go there. We are going to the Hannibal area in Missouri so that I can do my geneology research in that area. Then will head to Lee's Summit to visit with my cousin and then head home. Will probably be home by the first part of June. Will leave in August to head out to the east coast for the Myrtle Beach rally. If you and Mary or anyone else is interested in the TN, Kentucky, Illinois part of the trip more than welcome to join us. I am only to do actual family research in Missouri.
Oh yea, we are also going to Indiana to visit Indianapolis and the race track there.
Ginny, we most likely will move over to State Park for our hosting duties following the GC. Was thinking of making loop up through Kentuckey, Blue Ridge Mtn. and areas that interest us on way to Myrtle Beach. Just gathering ideas and haven't set a departure date yet. Our annual trip with family has been moved to Feb so once we leave we can be out till the seasons hit again, you know, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Deer and Duck!