Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #85

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
But they never toured or traveled.
They were probably too busy touring and traveling. . Glad they slowed down enough for two bites at the apple and they did show up on late night tv a time our two. It's amazing that such big names managed to do this at all. I'll bet they had a blast together. Almost as much fun as an RVM rally will be. Wonder if we have any musicians among the mutants other than RVM10 and the banjo?

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #86
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
Well, you ALMOST got the joke. Untie is a dyslexic version of Unite.... we are mutants after all... So UNTIE seemed appropriate to me.
LOL (you missed that I intentionally spelled it backwards for LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
They were probably too busy touring and traveling. . Glad they slowed down enough for two bites at the apple and they did show up on late night tv a time our two. It's amazing that such big names managed to do this at all. I'll bet they had a blast together. Almost as much fun as an RVM rally will be. Wonder if we have any musicians among the mutants other than RVM10 and the banjo?
I can play a MEAN set of spoons!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I believe some RVMs may carry a washboard or two.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #88
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
My Dad played the Banjo and my Mom played Piano. They played in a band at weddings almost every weekend. I don't have any musical attributes, but can do stained glass, water color painting and am a published poet.

My daughter, however, played violin and now guitar. Still in the genes I guess.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #89

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch
My Dad played the Banjo and my Mom played Piano. They played in a band at weddings almost every weekend. I don't have any musical attributes, but can do stained glass, water color painting and am a published poet.

My daughter, however, played violin and now guitar. Still in the genes I guess.
Coolness! Dual pane stained glass RV windows. From your thread on your not-so-smart wheel - maybe apply your painting skills with day-glow paint.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #90
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Coolness! Dual pane stained glass RV windows. From your thread on your not-so-smart wheel - maybe apply your painting skills with day-glow paint.
Probably easier to carry a flashlight or eat more carrots!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #91

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch

Probably easier to carry a flashlight or eat more carrots!
Miners helmet! As for the smart wheel - don't have it and don't miss it. Was on the nice to have list - not the must have. When you think about it - 4 wires vs two to each of the wheel controls is 2X potential problems for each feature. Would never use the radio control - so there's that.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #92
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Miners helmet! As for the smart wheel - don't have it and don't miss it. Was on the nice to have list - not the must have. When you think about it - 4 wires vs two to each of the wheel controls is 2X potential problems for each feature. Would never use the radio control - so there's that.
Nope! Thought about it, just about 5 seconds or so. Don't need it.

Quote:
I can play the radio!

Let's see, a major chord is made up of the 1st, 3rd, and 5th notes. To make it a minor chord, just lower the 3rd 1/2 step. Lower the 3rd, 5th, 1/2 step and lower the 7th a step for a diminished 7th chord. It's been a long, long time.

Oops, I'll play the radio.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #93

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - with the 1 / 3 / 5 progression and 7th to turn it around ya got the blues. The RVM Blues.

I'm sure resident mutant poet dogpatch can get some lyrics pulled together.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #94

RVM10 to flaggship1 - I'd make you a copy of "Gestalt Banjo" but I'm not sure about the copyright legality. If the author dies is the copyright still in effect? This booklet was published in 1998.

I'm also trying to get into Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar. If anyone wants to sample this style - got to www.youtube.com and search for Fran Guidry.

Had my first coaching session (not lesson) last week. It is fun to try to learn this method.

For the RVM (music) groupies - Do not think "I must practice. Think instead I want to practice- I will have fun and enjoy it." That's Gestalt, grasshopper.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #95
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne - with the 1 / 3 / 5 progression and 7th to turn it around ya got the blues. The RVM Blues.

I'm sure resident mutant poet dogpatch can get some lyrics pulled together.
Start with the "C", 1, 3, 5, 6th and 1/2 step 7th down, then and back down ending on E (piano mode) , then go with the "F" same progression, then "C" over again, Then D, E, F, F#, G, F, E, D, C. Repeat sequences as necessary.

"Down to get you in a taxi honey!"
Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #96

Wayne M - Slack Key uses parallel 3rds and parallel 6ths. I'm trying to figure out what those are. Coach has me doing major scales on G, B, and D strings.

For everyone else, "normal" tuning for a guitar is EADGBE. There are over 47 different tunings for slack key but the most used is "Taro Patch" or open G = DGDGB (lowest to highest pitch). So we lower or slack off three strings.

I'm still working the banjo. Trying to learn "Foggy Mountain Breakdown". I'm also looking at a new banjo. It is made from carbon fiber and should stand up to the rigors of RV travel. For the guitar, I've purchased a Traveler MKII. It is smaller but the fret board is standard and it is a solid body so it too will be better for RVing.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #97

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Over the years I divested of my guitars and am down to a relatively new / inexpensive one that will be sold before full time. It's an ibanez electric. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1383300019.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	641.7 KB
ID:	37128

I am not musically inclined but have always loved to practice / and try. Will be looking for a beater / box acoustic of some kind. May visit pawn shops as we cross the country in search of a mobile 6 string.

RVM10 - I think copyright survives. I always thought Steve Martin or Jerry Van Dyke could put together a good banjo tutorial. Btw - ever seen one of these?
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-706159633.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	37129
RVM2
Old 04-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #98
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't get me talking about guitars, as I don't know a darn thing about them. However, I have passed this thread link on to my son. His Taylor Made cost more than I'd ever want to put into a musical instrument.

Now, for background: I have not, repeat not, played for many, many years.

In high school I had my own 3 piece, sometimes four band. I was the accordion player. We play weddings and other gigs. Polka's were the big thing, but I'm not a Lawrence Welk type player - never that good. Back in the late 50's, $10 an hour was a pretty decent wage. When I joined the military I carried my accordion with me. In the Mohave desert, the wax holding the reeds melted and deteriorated. i sort of just stopped playing. That accordion was $750 back in the 50's, mother of pearl, engraved with my name. I still have it. Hmmm! Wonder if it can be fixed.

So, my music with triads and such are all keyboard. But my son can give you a run for your money on the guitar.

Happy trails.