Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #9927

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Morning Muteys!!

Haven't posted in a few days cause not much goin on in our corner of the rainbow and I don't have anything witty to say. Steve we migrated North across from the Texas Speedway on 114 so we movin closer to ya. Sure is good to hear your on the back side of that stuff. Barb started feeling sick and aching yesterday so I'm hoping it isn't the crud or worse yet the bug. She is sleeping in so don't know yet what today will bring for her.

Well I'm off to church with the kids today cause 7 y/o grandson is getting Baptized today so I will check in later.......lookin for the big magic number post.

31 Out
Good to hear from you Herb, was beginning to wonder where you had drifted off to. Hope Barb only has a case of the sleep-ins and no illness. Great news on the grandson. Started to drop by CL Friday but the horse racing is going on and traffic is slow once the races are over so I elected to high tell it out of town quickly.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #9928

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just a ponder, if I had a u-haul that would haul a heavy load, would that be a Heavy Haul?

Might pull it with my 88 Rambler!

Jump in guys, this is a friendly bunch, well when their awake and had bacon!

Old 01-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #9929

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just a ponder, if I had a u-haul that would haul a heavy load, would that be a Heavy Haul?

Might pull it with my 88 Rambler!

Jump in guys, this is a friendly bunch, well when their awake and had bacon!
Morning Tim !!!

Well today is the day and its starting off with a bit of frustration because iRV2 will not load properly on my laptop, I can get in just fine with my droid but the keyboard is way to small and I have lots of typing errors. Anyway we should hit 10,000 sometime today I would think unless we all have Sunday things to do.

It seems hard to believe that we will be leaving Apache Junction on Wednesday, the time has gone so fast, we got here on November 1st and the time has just flown, but we are ready to feel the road beneath our wheels again. We will spend a few days in Quartzsite boondocking and looking for spare parts and then on to Yuma where we hope to make contact with Dave and Nola for some desert Jeeping. That will be a highlight for sure, and hopefully we can spend some time crossing the boarder into Mexico to see what there is to see. Come on 10,000 !!!!

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #9930

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Herb - congrats on the GS. While my spiritual journey has run a very long and winding way - to this day I have the letter my grandfather sent me when I was baptized as a boy. It is one of my most cherished possessions to this day. So - if ya have the time and inclination, you might put pen in hand - write and mail him a letter letting him know how proud you are of him. Just a thought.

PM me with some details on where you are (or email me). I won't be venturing out any time soon - as apparently the doctor knew what he was doing when he kept me out of work until the the 29th. The bed has become a yoyo to me. I get up and think I'm feeling peppy and 2 or 3 hours later I'm back sleeping. This bug really kicked me in the, well everything I guess. The horrible aches and pains and breathing issues are mostly gone - but it took a toll on the mind and body - nothing like this Ever before. Sure hope Barb is not coming down with it.

I had wondered where you got off to, but figured you had dealt with your wet carpet and all was back on track. Keep in touch and hopefully we can micro-Curiosity over a meal or something in a few weeks.

All the best,
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #9931

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
Good morning.
I don't believe having nothing to say has ever stopped a Mutant from speaking.....

Snip... Around here, they say record numbers of people are being hospitalized due to flu and complications.
Mutants with noting to say... A novel idea!!

Just be sure to wash your hands 5 times a day and keep fingers away from your face. Those were the doctors orders.
Steve
Old 01-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #9932

Tiffin Owners Club
It looks like 10k may come during the game, so I won't see it.

If Denver and SF win today, it's going to be a GOOD super bowl.

I had to purchase a $325 tow for the MH on Friday. We got four blocks from the house and it stopped. After far-ing around with it for an hour, I called my mechanic but he was already out on a road call so I had to have it towed to his shop. Monday I will probably get a call telling me how bad it's going to be. The starter turns it over but it wont start. I'm going over before game 1 and run the ginny to get the reefer a little cooler. It sure messed up a well planed four day weekend. We were going to the beach with another couple (they have an American Eagle with a 40" tv) and just soak up some rays and enjoy the games.

Stephanie and I did soak up some rays yesterday but it was on the patio with lots of mint tea. It wasn't as nice as the beach but we did get to watch the squirrels and our two wild cats dancing around the cat food. I used to think it was crazy for people to feed wild cats but in the last three years we've had two of them adopt us. When we got back from our summer trip it only took a couple of days for them to come back. I don't know where they sleep, or where else they feed, but every morning they're on the back porch preening and waiting for breakfast.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #9933

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We just left Jacksonville this morning. I noticed Southbound on I-95 a hundred or so RVs.
The Snowbird/flee from the South season is in full swing. Unfortunately, we are heading back to Cleveland and single digit temps. Wednesday, finally we fly back to Tucson..(if I survive Cleveland for 2 days)
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #9934

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Safe travels you two... bundle up - stay warm and dry - and you will be in sunshine land and back to the mutated home soon enuough!
Steve and Annie
Old 01-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #9935

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well I guess heveyhaul and 88ramblur didn't want to join in just yet. Saw them lurking and thought I'd throw them out a shout earlier. Got in from church, got bellie full, sun is shining and wind not blowing, I'm headed outside! Talk to you mutants later.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #9936

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi, Mutants!

Since Steve is feeling better (yay!), and his was the original post, I would like to propose that we give him the honor of making the 10,000th post.

See what you started! A thread approaching 10,000 posts!

Many thanks to all the mutants - you make my life richer and a lot more fun.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #9937

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns
Hi, Mutants!

Since Steve is feeling better (yay!), and his was the original post, I would like to propose that we give him the honor of making the 10,000th post.

See what you started! A thread approaching 10,000 posts!

Many thanks to all the mutants - you make my life richer and a lot more fun.
And the very first words of this thread were...
Just for fun! :-) and I concur on the richness!

If I can - I will - but it will be an honor to see it - no matter who makes the 10k post. We have shared much about the wonderful life of RVing - and wonderful life in general.

Every now and then I pick a page somewhere in the middle or elsewhere and read a few pages. It has been a great run so far! I would sure like to hear from some of the mutants that have been away for a time. They - and all have made the RVMdom what it is. A happy place to be!!
Steve
Old 01-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #9938
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I did as Steve suggested and picke a random page number a clicked on it. It happened to be 12/29 and folks were wishing Steve happy birthday, talking about dog ear wax and making coffee in helmets and socks. It was funny all over again. We don't have to remember our fun times, we can go back and experience them over and over again. These mutated electronic devices serve us well. Without them it's very doubtfull that most of us would have met.

Thank you all for enriching my life and entertaining we so well. 9,938 bottles of beer on the wall...
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #9939

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Looking back - on 4/24 4 Kids (RVM4) responded to Don -
-------
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE
Now that's camping. Look like you all are having a great time!
-----
Yep--80* out, but Dale says it's not really camping without a fire.

Not sure what he's doing there. RVM2 said looks like the RVM wave; I think maybe a knee slap while laughing at his own stories...are those one and the same?

BTW I have discovered another use for rope lights: they make an excellent "net" for night badminton.

RVM4
-----
Sure hope they are still out there camping and having a great time. A breath of fresh air... An early adopter mutant - gone... ? ... But not forgotten.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #9940

Hey one and all !!!

I have been out getting our magic carpet ready to fly. I've checked the Genny and rolled up the small window awnings. Next will be to take down the sun shades and pack away the wheel covers, but I am spacing it out so I have something to do on Monday and Tuesday. Life on the rainbow is such a fantastic place to live. The best part is that RVMdom provides the best comic relief ....

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote