Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #10067

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats Nola and Dave on your beautiful new domicile.

Mutant minds want to know -- how did you chose names for your RVs? Is Fred a FRont Engine Diesel? Or does he look like your neighbor Fred?

And perhaps Tara would be a more suitable name than Gwen for your new plantation house?

Enjoy the journey!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #10068

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I bet those nights on the islands were without generators, electric lights and fans, I know our early days there had none of those!
I would laugh as my sons and their friends got to the age they wanted to camp out on the islands like they did as kids, but they carried enough power cord to wire a two story house, fans, Ele. Skillet, lights, radio and generator!

We will leave the GC and move over to Lake Ouchita State Park for 2 weeks of hosting. I will encourage everyone to drive over and check out the State Park and Lake. Lots of memories there and fish!
Tim.... And Jeff We didnt even have a phone... A bag phone that only worked if you plugged into the ski boat. But the boys were more interested then in being able to waterski.... No generator.... Most important thing we took was bag of garden lime.... Would go for a week. Put in at Crystal Springs. Love that Lake.... We were at the state park last May, in rv... That would be fun.
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #10069

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Congrats Nola and Dave on your beautiful new domicile.

Mutant minds want to know -- how did you chose names for your RVs? Is Fred a FRont Engine Diesel? Or does he look like your neighbor Fred?

And perhaps Tara would be a more suitable name than Gwen for your new plantation house?

Enjoy the journey!
Ohhhhh mine doesnt have a cute name...
CONGRATS Dave. Gorgeous... But me.. I gotta have a w/d... It isnt a want... But my daddy owned a dry cleaners when i was a kid. So guess that is why.... Like the floorplan...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #10070

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
STM's Dave and Nola are now stuck with a bunch of stuff they don't need or want....I am dismayed for their discomfort.
But it really looks like a magnificent home. Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your time on the rainbow in that beauty.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #10071
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Our "project" is nearly complete, but in the process, Nola and I have performed a Grand Mutation! A few days ago, went to Quartzsite just to look around. We were going to turn around to go back to Yuma and turned by the RV Show sign. So, next Saturday we swap rigs. Yep! We were the epitome of minimalist class A fulltimers, and did not want or need Heat pumps, 4 slides, Electric basement door locks, Keyless entry, Solar panels, Satellite dish, Full width Mud flap, tag axel, or Exhaust brake, etc. Well, we still dont need them, but HAY, they came with the rig. Somebody is going to get a fine class A in Fred. We will miss him! Meet Gwen. 2009 Monaco Camelot KFQ.
Ooooooooh! VERY Nice!

I found out today the Someone snuck an offer in on the Alpine I was looking at before me.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #10072

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
Cork is carefully harvested in Spain & Portugal and is a renewable resource so i am not sure why Cork is controversial....it doesn't kill the tree, in fact they are very careful to take excellent care of the trees as that is their livelihood.
Cork: Harvest for the Patient Farmer ~ Kuriositas

Yeah.... I'm a gardener....LOL!
The controversy has run both directions. Some wine experts (not me) think cork taint a problem. Some other types think it is outmoded - not environmentally correct, different folks seeing it differently.

Some studies say cork is the most environmentally friendly choice. Some say the artificial cork will not expand at all with small changes in the bottle. Then it and the screw cap are thought by some to give off chemical or other gas or compounds. All debatable I guess. But I am with you - cork is my preference and like you say - generations employed at it. Let's keep them on the job!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #10073

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
SWEEEEEEET!

That is one hell of a kimono you opened up there my friend!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #10074

Hay, you STMs! I make one post and in a few minutes I am unable to respond to so many responses! I mean, SHEESH! What will we do when we have over 100 RVMs!

You are burying me!

But. I givit-a-shot.

Steve, I was so ready to bust a gut waiting to announce! Thanks, Bro!
No. No RLs!

Tim, I am behind in reading, a grandfather, and retired. I forget stuff! Did you get the Jeep you deserve?

virginiamtns, I will take this as an okey-doke for both of you, and proper spelling (ugh) would have been Guen (Guenevere from Camelot, 1967) but Nola got to name this one. Thank you!

Possum, how can I donate to you what Nola owns? But nice thought!

Barb, Fred is a front engine diesel. Good catch! Nola picked Gwen: her turn. I like it. 4-letters that are not "work". Gwen is almost 43 feet. At 45 and 5 slides she would have been Vivian.

Off topic: Tim, we had a full week at Ouchita State Park in about 95. Gorgeous and great fishin.

Diwizi, Nola is great with cute names! I got to name the last MH. Fred. Pretty romantic, aye? Sorry, no W/D, nor RLs. We do have some RVM scruples left.

Judy, thanks for your condolences. Just fir you, we will tough our way thru it. ;-)

Les, are you still Motor Homeless?

Don, Gwen was a freekin accident. Really! But. Not. A. Kimono.

Thanks, STMs! Now all I have to do on Saturday is actually pay for the pretty, slutty wench from Camelot.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #10075
Community Administrator

Since RVM 1 has unmutanized , should this thread be closed ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #10076

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Love that Lake.... We were at the state park last May, in rv... That would be fun.
Diane, we were the host there May 1-15 of last year! When ere you there and what space were y'all in, believe it or not we spoke to pretty much everyone that was in park those two weeks. Yes we love hosting!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #10077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Haha! Good one Cliff.

We are RVMs. We NEVER stop mutating!

Join us. Will let you design the secret decoder ring. Pretty tempting, I know. ;-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #10078
Community Administrator

Just a Jan. 21 , April fools.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #10079

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
OH STOP IT Cliff! LOL One can be a mutant even if they have a Prevost. OK...at least an associate member.

Ya know, I was feeling a little anti-mutant for a long time with my DSDP. I feel much less so now.

OK...enough fun at Dave's expense. In all seriousness, I want to say that from the beginning I've never thought that being labeled an RVM was or should be attached to what one owns, how long or short it is, how old or new and what we choose to travel with or without. It is the thrill and fun of embracing a life style with out any limits or boundaries on us. Most important it is a bonding of folks with the same rabid approach to life.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #10080

Dave (RVM1) - - Knowing your love of bacon, let me be the first to say that you're now living higher on the hog. Nice rig. Look forward to seeing it at the GC@CL.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote