Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #10081

Dave (RVM1) - - Knowing your love of bacon, let me be the first to say that you're now living higher on the hog. Nice rig. Look forward to seeing it at the GC@CL.

Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #10082
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Dave (RVM1) - - Knowing your love of bacon, let me be the first to say that you're now living higher on the hog. Nice rig. Look forward to seeing it at the GC@CL.
Thanks! Perhaps at the GC@CL your Coachman and my Monaco will sneak off and spawn a Prevost? Foretravel? ;-)

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #10083
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Most important it is a bonding of folks with the same rabid approach to life.
Rabid????

Yep, that explains us all. It's like a disease with good side effects and longevity instead of demise. And it seems to be contagious.

Well said, Don!

Now PLEASE ask Sandee to contact me about the GC@CL
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #10084

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My IRV2 sticker arrived. I guess that means we are official members of the IRV2 supporters club. Sure looks like most of the mutants are in this club. If we ever get thru this stinking winter and get to travel again, we will be happy camper mutants.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #10085

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wow grand Poohbah that is be-u-tea-full and me thinks your pushin the envelope. LOL

Now let me vent a minute to my STM family. You all know that Barb and I took a plunge last Nov. and bought a new Jeep Trailhawk and let me say upfront we love it!!! However, I have been patiently waiting on Demco to start production on the baseplate so we can flat tow her behind Jenny. So today I called Demco because they indicated they would begin shipping mid to late Jan. Much to my disgust they told me they were shipping for Jeep Cherokees but only for models without tow hooks. Well guess what folks? Their Engineers have decided they can't make a product for the Trailhawks because there isn't room with the tow hooks supposedly! So I ask ... What if I remove the front tow hooks? Answer still can't make one cause there isn't enough room. Ugggh!!!!! That's why I bought that model vs. the Wrangler platform cause I had a road vehicle for daily driving but off road capabilities like a Rubicon. I am not a fan of dolly towing but I may have no choice....I'm just not understanding this. Soooo I'm calling Jeep tomorrow to see what they have to say bout this....and if I don't get a more favorable response this STM is gonna put some Texas sized comments about their design flaw.

There now I feel a little better anyway!

31 Out
Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #10086
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Diane, we were the host there May 1-15 of last year! When ere you there and what space were y'all in, believe it or not we spoke to pretty much everyone that was in park those two weeks. Yes we love hosting!
Nevermind.... Looked in my journal, it was October 2012 Site 33 I just dont remember dates.... Not since my mind retired... Forgot... We were prepping to head west, in May.
But we will meet this year .......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #10087

Monaco Owners Club
Wow Dave and Nola!!! That is one nice looking home on wheels! If we see you in Yuma we will have to park ours around the corner!! Just kidding Enjoy.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #10088

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
..I'm just not understanding this. Soooo I'm calling Jeep tomorrow to see what they have to say bout this....and if I don't get a more favorable response this STM is gonna put some Texas sized comments about their design flaw.

There now I feel a little better anyway!

31 Out

Give em Texas Herb. And if you can't get some results, then take towbar and your Jeep to a old fashion welding shop and explan what you want. Some of the brightest minds I know, I'm not joking, are guys that can take stock metal and make it WORK!

I was hesitant to sell a old baseplate I had cause I knew if needed my friends at the welding shop could not only fashion it to fit, but still have the removable tabs on it. My son and I are pretty crafty ourselfs, having made a few trailers.

But first try deplomacy or try another brand plate with an adaptor!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #10089

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Thanks! Perhaps at the GC@CL your Coachman and my Monaco will sneak off and spawn a Prevost? Foretravel? ;-)
Can I sign up now to be a nanny to the new baby?
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #10090

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wish I could use another brand but so far nobody has one and I'm starting to wonder if it's because of the same reason. I may resort to a welding shop but because the front grill rolls down as part of the body there is no bumper so unless you go thru the front grill I can see the problem.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #10091

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb - I think there is a 2014 Jeep Cherokee thread that's indicates a Demco would - now wont- but there was possibly another plate to be available by someone in Jan / Feb...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 PM   #10092

Quote:
Sorry Dave. I spoke with "Coach" and she said that she's saving herself for a long term relationship that will include a large diamond (shield). An adventure with no commitment is a journey she choses not to take. She said that she would be totally satisfied with triplets; a Concord, Leprechaun, and Freelander.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #10093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Since RVM 1 has unmutanized , should this thread be closed ?
Hi Cliff !!!

Unmutantized ??? I think not, there are things he still doesn't have and doesn't need and therefore he doesn't miss them and his destination is still the journey. So Let's not besmirch the position of our Grand Pooobahhh .... nuff said.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:49 PM   #10094

Quote:

Hey if it ends up looking like a Beaver we will know that something went askew..

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote