Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #1009

Not to be a buttinski here, but I've only read up to page 20 so far and have to go to bed sometime before dawn. Y'all are havin' way too much fun and I don't want to miss a word! If I mutate on over here, what RVM number can I claim? Or politely request?

I (we) don't have marble floors or beveled glass mirrors in our 2012 Bounder, nor dishwasher or washer/dryer, and don't need or miss them. Don't miss the gas oven either. What a pain to light! Outdoor kitchen? Hmmm. Nah.

OTOH, I love our fireplace cum space heater...we almost bought the rig just on the strength of that alone. And we added a 2-burner induction cooktop and never use the gas one. Don't miss that either.

'Nuff? C'n I play too?

Cheers!
Sue
PS: If you say "trip", I'm in the rig before you can finish the word.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ah the 70's.... The sideburns, the clothes, the dance and some of the music of the day - I still have nightmares. But the USAF was being kind to me at the time. Kept me from becoming as "cultured" as many of my civilian friends.

Disco Duck had nuthin on todays mutant ducks.
Ha! Tell you what... I would MUCH rather listen to old disco... than today's cRAP.

Honestly, I listened to this kind of music a lot more in the 70s

SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 AM   #1011

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Herb,

Sweet ride! I'm with you on your first trip. July might be the only time you can get a campground spot in the keys and I hear there are serious fines for even trying to boondock down there. FL is also a much easier drive. Personally, I had to get out of FL in April. It was getting too hot and the humidity was steam baking us. And don't get me started talking about the bugs. I still have spots on my feet from Fire Ant bites.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Not to be a buttinski here, but I've only read up to page 20 so far and have to go to bed sometime before dawn. Y'all are havin' way too much fun and I don't want to miss a word! If I mutate on over here, what RVM number can I claim? Or politely request?

I (we) don't have marble floors or beveled glass mirrors in our 2012 Bounder, nor dishwasher or washer/dryer, and don't need or miss them. Don't miss the gas oven either. What a pain to light! Outdoor kitchen? Hmmm. Nah.

OTOH, I love our fireplace cum space heater...we almost bought the rig just on the strength of that alone. And we added a 2-burner induction cooktop and never use the gas one. Don't miss that either.

'Nuff? C'n I play too?

Cheers!
Sue
PS: If you say "trip", I'm in the rig before you can finish the word.
Welcome Sue (Suspinz)!
You are RVM36, and have all of the rights and privileges of RVMdom.

You have demonstrated that you aint got what you dont need and that the Journey is Your Destination.

The RVM Menagerie is an eclectic collection of fine folks that Steve (RVM2) started gathering just 64 days ago. That is an average one a new RVM every 1.8 days! And we are now over 1000 posts! Many have contributed ideas for the RVM Lexicon and such.

In viewing this thread, you have seen how much fun we are having, and we look forward to your posts on our little informal forum.

Do you have rope lights?

Again, welcome!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev View Post
I can't vote on it because my MH is still in the undecided department as to whether or not I am going to keep it and make it usable or scrap it out ...... Tires are the big deal breaker.
Too late, RVM35. You have RVMdom in your heart. If not that rig, there will be another! You can vote!!!!

Tires are just those required things.

Wishing you the best of luck

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #1014

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub

Ha! Tell you what... I would MUCH rather listen to old disco... than today's cRAP.

Honestly, I listened to this kind of music a lot more in the 70s

ROTFLMAO - I had forgotten they make new music today! I'm in to all kinds of music - but there sure is a large amount of music on air today I don't listen to. Still a big blues fan and Classic Rock. I will still watch Woodstock when the History (or another) Channel airs it. Sometimes I miss my 1969 Ford SuperVan with davenport - Shag Carpet - ice chest - curtains - linoleum at the back doors for wet suits and surfboards. And let's not forget the Hendrix poster and 8 track player with my Fender Princeton Reverb amp blasting the Grateful Dead and Truckin or Crosby Stills Nash and Youngs Four Way Street.
Ah the early mutant days.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #1015

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
HerbnBarb - thanks for the update. Super clean mutant mobile. So glad your trip home was such a fine journey. Sounds like you have fully embraces the RVM lifestyle and are letting the journey be your destination.

I have to second RVM18 - Barb and our mascot Senas thoughts on Florida in July. As a fellow mutant from north Texas - I suggest New Mexico or Colorado. Finding suitable digs may be easier there and the weather should be a relief from what we'll have here or in Florida at that time. If you stay long enough - you might get back here in time for our "fall season". Just a thought. But following the weather is a high priority for this and suspect many mutants.
Cimgrats again on a fine rig!! Keep us in the loop!!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 06-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #1016

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Welcome Sue (Suspinz)!
You are RVM36, and have all of the rights and privileges of RVMdom.

You have demonstrated that you aint got what you dont need and that the Journey is Your Destination.

The RVM Menagerie is an eclectic collection of fine folks that Steve (RVM2) started gathering just 64 days ago. That is an average one a new RVM every 1.8 days! And we are now over 1000 posts! Many have contributed ideas for the RVM Lexicon and such.

In viewing this thread, you have seen how much fun we are having, and we look forward to your posts on our little informal forum.

Do you have rope lights?

Again, welcome!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
^^^ What RVM1 said X 2!!
And while we do have mutant huntnski - we had yet to hear from butinski - so we are glad you found your way to life on the rainbow in RVMdom. Keep us informed of your journeys and welcome to the menagerie and curiosity of RV Mutants. (Also - we love our Bounder too!).
RVM2
Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #1017

Tiffin Owners Club
Good Morning:
It seems like I've been away for a long time but it's only been two days. PPL in Houston got our new Norcold N841 installed yesterday and checked out. It sure is nice to have a space at 1.6 F and not to worry about ice melting.

Today we are headed west - how far I don't know. I'll know when I get tired of driving. Probably no more then 200 miles. I had trouble loading the MH as the knee was starting to get sore so I stood at the door and aimed for the sofa or dining table, DW enjoyed the mess. "You can clean it up anytime you want to." Maybe part of it this afternoon.

Well she' ready to go, so I'll talk to ya'll later.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #1018

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
RVM2

You are right. I hear Jimmy Buffet's bar calling my name but the Keys in July might be too much sun for even me. Truthfully, the DW doesn't do heat very well so I'm sure Colorado will be our first destination. Also, found out our twin grand-daughters will be in Fort Collins for Fast Pitch Nationals so we must attend! Any suggestions on sights to see while up there?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #1019

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
RVM2

You are right. I hear Jimmy Buffet's bar calling my name but the Keys in July might be too much sun for even me. Truthfully, the DW doesn't do heat very well so I'm sure Colorado will be our first destination. Also, found out our twin grand-daughters will be in Fort Collins for Fast Pitch Nationals so we must attend! Any suggestions on sights to see while up there?
I believe years ago they had a topless donut shop.

I will check my log books - been a while since there. Many mutants will have experience with Co. I know RVM1 passed that way recently and seems another mutant was headed there. You have some great times ahead!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #1020

Thanks for the RVM welcome, y'all. I got the warm fuzzies at receiving my official designation.

As for rope lights? Hah! Well, actually, yes. DH installed them as hidden lighting on top of the dinette/living room slide and also hidden around the top of the cab area. Dimmable, even. He's big into "mood lighting", but I have to admit this looks nice.

The Bounder (a 2013...that's a correction) came with rope lights behind a decorative panel over the big TV and fireplace. Gave DH the idea, I think.

We have yet to put them outside, but I did lay a length inside along the base of the windscreen. Why? Dunno, exactly. Izzat ok?

Cheers!
Suspinz (aka Sue)
Old 06-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #1021

Oh, I guess I should have signed my previous message as Buttinski, RVM36!

Cheers!
Buttinski aka Suspinz aka Sue
Old 06-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #1022

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz
Oh, I guess I should have signed my previous message as Buttinski, RVM36!

Cheers!
Buttinski aka Suspinz aka Sue
What do ya call a RVM that isn't a butinski? Wait for it....
Quiet.

Hey Sue - my Annie is from Illinois - but her family doesn't say y'all. Where'd ya pick that up??