Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #10235

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Woke up this morning at 7 a.m. Went out to the MH at 7:30. It was -2* actual and about -15* wind chill.

The inside of ALL of the windows were frozen over. MH engine required about 5 attempts before starting. Genny was required to run the furnace. It started on the 3rd try. Furnace worked like a champ.

I got the Eden Pure heater and got it going in the MH.

With engine running I turned on the dash controls for the defroster . . . . . . . . nothing. The fan must have been frozen in place.

With genny running, I got the DW hair dryer and began to melt the 1/8" of ice on the INSIDE of the windshield. Slowly but surely I removed all of the ice on the windshield and the door. I aimed the hair dryer under the dash for 10 minutes . . . still nothing.

The MH is ready for a test drive up and down the roads. Drove about 2 miles and the defroster came on, the engine began to function perfectly after initial hesitations, and the tranny began to shift perfectly. Woohoo were ready to hit the road. AT 10:00 A.M.

DW is driving the toad with all of the perishables (it was in the garage all night so can goods etc. wouldn't freeze solid). We put the refrigerator stuff in the MH refrigerator just before leaving.

I'm typing this in our room at the Hampton Inn in Athens, AL after driving 416 miles today. Everything worked perfectly once we made it to the freeway and we're headed for warmer Florida tomorrow. (Oh, you thought we were going to camp in 32* and lower temps. NOT)

BTW - - we have no pictures to prove that this happened. Would "scout's honor" be enough????

Enjoying the journey "one mile at a time"
The Journey is the Destination for all of us, but darn hard start for some! Have fun!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #10236

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Steve - you'll get no flack from me LOL - I have said more than once that part of our FT budget will be for the occasional 4 * hotel. Annie and I are going to miss the 50 gallon garden tub - love room service and a quite hotel cocktail lounge. And we will definitely not wait for 32 degrees to execute that plan.

Be warm and safe. We can wait on the pics until the temps are at least in the high 60's.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #10237

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ok Dennis.... Who is #1 polish? huntnski? Dont know some of these guys last name... But my hubby is Polish...... Me? Smile.... I am a heinz 57.......
Tim is definitely Polish, because if he wasn't he would have had 'toboggan' at the end of his name.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #10238

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My 'stralian buddy sent me this, just now. The Three Legged Man - YouTube
Old 01-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #10239
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Thanks, Marty, and extra Ohhhhmmmms to Wayne. Not fair to be under the weather when said weather is nice!

Cheers!
Sue

No no! Tongue in cheek "under the weather," like IN THE HOUSE and the weather is outside.

I'm just sick in the head according to Earlene.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #10240

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
No no! Tongue in cheek "under the weather," like IN THE HOUSE and the weather is outside. I'm just sick in the head according to Earlene.

Oh Wayne you whiner! It was 14 here last nite 36 or less all day and I'm out doin mtnce. on Jenny. Barb and I will gladly come down to your neck of the woods to warm up. Your smoothies work like antifreeze up here and do you know they make you numb to cold weather? Lol
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #10241

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Tim is definitely Polish, because if he wasn't he would have had 'toboggan' at the end of his name.
Not Polish, but I love their sausage! Most my life all my family though we were Native American. Had a cousin that did an extensive study and found out we were French Canadian.

I can't even eat French Fries, but kind of like Canadian Bacon. Have a brother-in-law that's from New Orleans that tells me I'm more a koonass than he is. Not sure how to take that.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #10242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Woke up this morning at 7 a.m. Went out to the MH at 7:30. It was -2* actual and about -15* wind chill. The inside of ALL of the windows were frozen over. .... in Athens, AL after driving 416 miles today. Everything worked perfectly once we made it to the freeway and we're headed for warmer Florida tomorrow. (Oh, you thought we were going to camp in 32* and lower temps. NOT) BTW - - we have no pictures to prove that this happened. Would "scout's honor" be enough???? Enjoying the journey "one mile at a time"
PM'd you. Glad to hear you're under way and everything is working properly. Those first couple of days can be a bear!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 01-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #10243
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Oh Wayne you whiner! It was 14 here last nite 36 or less all day and I'm out doin mtnce. on Jenny. Barb and I will gladly come down to your neck of the woods to warm up. Your smoothies work like antifreeze up here and do you know they make you numb to cold weather? Lol
Come on down!

Personally, anything under 70 is freezing, for me. I hate the cold.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:01 AM   #10244

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Cindy, i also had that jeep.... The 99 cherokee sport. It wad my first car i ever bough for myself, not one that the ex had wanted...... Loved it, now i drive a Red Wrangler..... Guess mine will also be known as Cindy Red..... Or maybe cdd red....cindy,diane,dave
NOW you have the car I had. I had a Cindy Red Wrangler, not a Cherokee.

I had hecka fun in that thing, even though I never took it 4-wheelin'

In 2004 I took out the back seat, slung a homemade hammock across, which I packed with my belongings. Underneath the carpet I laid a layer of insulation, so Duke, my 90lb. Lab/Dobe X (all black, with Wolf-like eyes) could lay down fully under the hammock, and not get hot from the friction from the highway. Me and DD took off with him for the Ozarks. I made reservations at Red Roof Inn and La Quinta... places that allowed pets. Of course this was before I got back into RVing, and this trip helped steer me in that direction.
I remember at La Quinta in OK City, we were in the elevator with Duke. He of course sat down nicely while we went down a couple of floors. The car stopped, the doors opened and a couple was standing there waiting to get on. They took one look at Duke, I could see a perceptible change in their eyes. Then the man said, "Go ahead, we'll wait for the next one."
We are still laughing 10 years later at that one!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:37 AM   #10245

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Not Polish, but I love their sausage! Most my life all my family though we were Native American. Had a cousin that did an extensive study and found out we were French Canadian.

I can't even eat French Fries, but kind of like Canadian Bacon. Have a brother-in-law that's from New Orleans that tells me I'm more a koonass than he is. Not sure how to take that.
DW and I have great (best) friends who live in New York state in a little town called Silver Creek. Their number one favoriy=te movie is a crazy spoof done by John Candy and a bunch of other Crazy Canucks which they aptly named "Canadian Bacon" If you can find a copy of it and you understand Canadian Mannerisms and Humor you will probably laugh your socks off.

Language Police Scene from Canadian Bacon Movie (1995) | MOVIECLIPS
Old 01-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #10246

Good Morning Mutey's !!!

Tis Saturday and the sun is on its way higher in the sky. So I thought I would send you snowbound mutants a little sunshine to warm the cockles of your heart.

Cheers !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140125_074532.png
Views:	96
Size:	305.5 KB
ID:	54630
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #10247

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good Morning Mutey's !!! Tis Saturday and the sun is on its way higher in the sky. So I thought I would send you snowbound mutants a little sunshine to warm the cockles of your heart. Cheers !!!
Somebody's been up early! Lovely sunrise.

Cheers to my cheering buddy!
Sue
Old 01-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #10248

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good Morning Mutey's !!!

Tis Saturday and the sun is on its way higher in the sky. So I thought I would send you snowbound mutants a little sunshine to warm the cockles of your heart.

Cheers !!!

Attachment 54630
Not my heart that's cold, but thanks!