Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #10305

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Wingennis, you going to make it to the Grand Curosity? We may need help boiling potatoes, looks like some of our staff take direction literally.
I sincerely wish I could. As the youngest member of this distinguished and infamous group, I am still obligated to w*** (please forgive my profanity). Arkansas is a bit far for a quick jaunt. Although I get a ridiculous amount of vacation time, I have a trip planned to Yosemite I am very excited about and would have to cancel to spend any real quality time with you fine people. If there is a Curiosity in Quartzsite, I'm your girl. My potato speciality is twice-baked with bacon and mushrooms anyway. No peeling involved

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #10306

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
This was supposed to be attached to the toboggan remark.... Johnny Carson as Ronald Reagan | Off The Edge Humor - Funny Videos

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #10307
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
I would just leave all the peeling on and call them, dirty mashed tators. My dad always said all the vitamins were in the peeling anyway.
Uumm! Dirty 'tators are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Denise and I and the two biggest pooches went for a walk today. Izzy claimed she wasn't feeling well and decided to stay home. We have a local phenomenon that is a fun 15 minute or so (less if you don't got bad knees) walk into the forest. It's called "Hole In The Wall" and the pictures prove the obvious reason for the name. I can't figure out why the pictures went sideways but DW is actually standing straight up and the dogs are just running downhill toward me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
[...]

Previous owner ordered them special, to replace couch #2. Cant find a name on them! Yet.

Attachment 54747
Could be "Flexsteel."

=======

It is 11:35 a.m. and the temperature outside is 64 degrees. By morning it is supposed to be icy and snowing, however, the forecast map shows us and Galvestion, and along the coast as being green, not so cold. Hope, hope, hope. I hate the cold.

Next year it will be further South. Summer we get away because of the heat, and winter because of the few cold days. Sheesh anyhow!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #10308

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
And then the Snow Birds Commeth!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Florida eh.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	54797  
Old 01-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #10309

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wingennis,
You aren't the only one with the having of w*** to do, however, I enjoy mine, the stuff I do are my passions, so I like going there and doing them. Besides, I don't really need to, but retiring without DH would be sad and lonely.( However, I'm not real sure I'm gonna enjoy it too much when he retires... he already took over my kitchen and now tells me I don't do the laundry the right way (a simplified plan I taught him years ago so he could help with 4 boys...)I suppose I'll just keep mutating along and when the time comes I'll mutate to accommodate!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #10310

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Diane, Wayne, Don and all others that have escaped to South Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida, get ready, my weatherman just said y'all might get snow! Congrats Dave and Nola! Looks like Les wants to help in the kitchen. Steve, visited CL Saturday, there are 3 double plugins on poles behind the serving bar and one other on pole near end which might be a good place for the band. Looks like the place is bracing for a grand mutation!
No snow in our forecast! You starting to use that 4 letter word for effect? LOL.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #10311
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
No snow in our forecast! You starting to use that 4 letter word for effect? LOL.
Right now it is 65 Raining, some winter precip forcast... But the low is gonna be 30.... Then friday back up to 60's....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #10312

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Where have all the Mutants Gone
Long time since posting
Where have all the mutants gone
since it started to snow
Old 01-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #10313

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
These mutants are in Tucson, no snow, slightly warmer than minus 1.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #10314

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Where have all the Mutants Gone
Long time since posting
Where have all the mutants gone
since it started to snow
I was wondering the same thing, I checked in a couple times today and very little reading material here. Everyone must be hibernating.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #10315

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've been working feverishly on a top secret project for the Grand Curosity. No, no I'm sorry I can't tell. The end results will be most evident for those that arrive at the first ever Grand Curosity, the others will just have to hope for stories or watch for pictures. So now you know why I've been absent from new post!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #10316

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I went to the doctor today. He said I am not going back to work Wednesday. Kept me out until next Monday. In truth I am glad as I'm still pretty beat down.

The thing I did not think about and he did is this. Took my last steroid dose today. He said - so now we get to see if your well or not and we don't want to push that.

I never really thought about the fact that how I feel now is in part due to the steroids keeping things in check. Also - as tired as I have been - he said that was normal and recoveries are taking longer with this flu than in the past. I had not been out since getting this CRUD - but by the time I got to his office I was dizzy and light headed. I told him this was bugging me and he said - would ya rather be the next funeral - then said his last aunt - 81 years old died of this flu last week.

Ok... well that's my sad song. I do feel so much better but geesh... Did ya ever hear this rule of thumb - for ever day in bed sick - 3 days to get your strength back? That's what he said today. So fingers crossed - that I am actually well - and my strength is back by work time Monday.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #10317

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I went to the doctor today. He said I am not going back to work Wednesday. Kept me out until next Monday. In truth I am glad as I'm still pretty beat down.

The thing I did not think about and he did is this. Took my last steroid dose today. He said - so now we get to see if your well or not and we don't want to push that.

I never really thought about the fact that how I feel now is in part due to the steroids keeping things in check. Also - as tired as I have been - he said that was normal and recoveries are taking longer with this flu than in the past. I had not been out since getting this CRUD - but by the time I got to his office I was dizzy and light headed. I told him this was bugging me and he said - would ya rather be the next funeral - then said his last aunt - 81 years old died of this flu last week.

Ok... well that's my sad song. I do feel so much better but geesh... Did ya ever hear this rule of thumb - for ever day in bed sick - 3 days to get your strength back? That's what he said today. So fingers crossed - that I am actually well - and my strength is back by work time Monday.
So that explains the 2+ hour phone conversation! You were hopped up on the juice.

By the way, since your drawing out this recovery bit, can Annie drive Bonita Bounder? If needed we'll send a caravan of mutants to help you poor old sick mutant get to the healing waters of Hot Springs, AR!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #10318

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski

So that explains the 2+ hour phone conversation! You were hopped up on the juice.

By the way, since your drawing out this recovery bit, can Annie drive Bonita Bounder? If needed we'll send a caravan of mutants to help you poor old sick mutant get to the healing waters of Hot Springs, AR!
I was fighting off the roid rage too. Actually that was the end of my day then too.

Don't worry about us - we will be there in April.
Thanks for the offer

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote