Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #10767

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, so as not to worry to much let's think about what has happened here. Barb has had not one but two major surgeries, it's been over 24 hours since we've heard from her. In 24 hours time Barb has had time to straighten out surgeons, surgery assistants, RN's, LPN's and any and all coming in contact with a strong willed senior surgery patient. Could very well be she's on a No IPad Order!

Barb when you get to doing catch up reading all of us here want you to know we are worried. We don't have to have a long explanation but would love some reply.
X2
Wishing someone had convinced Barb to let her friend Arlene post some news on her behalf. Guess we just have to keep sending positive OOOHHMMMs her way, as there isn't much else we can do.
Sending love and encouragement to the great North West.....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #10768

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH

X2
Wishing someone had convinced Barb to let her friend Arlene post some news on her behalf. Guess we just have to keep sending positive OOOHHMMMs her way, as there isn't much else we can do.
Sending love and encouragement to the great North West.....
You know there is another possibility as to her absence. Barb is trying to get into the Guinness Book of World Records for most cell phones dropped in the toilet in 12 months. She may not have a technology device with her.

Then again - she had it going into surgery. Maybe they have implanted it in her knee too and she is truly bionic - have Cell Phone Will Travel....

I guess we have to go on the assumption - no news is good news. When I was so sick - I wasn't actually in pain other than my rib cage from coughing. Posting actually let me focus on something - otherwise my mind was just blank. I think in Barbs case, she may have some "help" in keeping her from focusing too much. I'm betting all is well, and just a little more intense than she may have thought. Just MHO.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #10769

I am hoping Barb let her battery run down..... Maybe Arlene was contacting others and didnt shut it down... These things do run out of juice, especially if she didnt shut down all the other apps that are running in it....

Some hospitals have wifi, but not a convenient close plug.... They save those for the drip machine.......

In the meantime, more Ohms.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #10770

Vintage RV Owners Club
She did mention they aren't allowed to plug in and was hoping to find a spot behind a chair or something... but she would need help getting it plugged in... she is in PT too busy to have time to scheme about getting in contact with us... and her friend's hubby was waking up it seemed, so they are all muchly busy I am sure.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #10771
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Barb had a double knee replacement. No pun intended, but that is no walk in the park. I had only one replaced and the first couple days i really didn't feel like doing anything but sitting in the recliner in front of the "modulated milk bottle."

Let's just say a prayer that she gets up and about real soon.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #10772

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3388647134.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	406.8 KB
ID:	55543

Here ya go Barb.... Bright sunny Florida..... NOT..... But thought this would catch her eye when she does get back on.... This is what I did today while watching the cold, sometimes drizzle, gulf.......
Old 02-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #10773

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
She did mention they aren't allowed to plug in and was hoping to find a spot behind a chair or something... but she would need help getting it plugged in... she is in PT too busy to have time to scheme about getting in contact with us... and her friend's hubby was waking up it seemed, so they are all muchly busy I am sure.
I am the luckiest man alive. I have a small backpack - like school kids us for book bags. When we knew I was headed to the ER, Annie packed it up and included an extension cord and the phone charger. I don't know what I did to deserve her but I am thankful. (It probably involved some sort of deception, for which I must have made amends cause she's still here. She is also still quite happy to laugh at me with amazing regularity.)

Ommms to Barb.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #10774
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
She has to be an angel to put up with you!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #10775

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I am the luckiest man alive. I have a small backpack - like school kids us for book bags. When we knew I was headed to the ER, Annie packed it up and included an extension cord and the phone charger. I don't know what I did to deserve her but I am thankful. (It probably involved some sort of deception, for which I must have made amends cause she's still here. She is also still quite happy to laugh at me with amazing regularity.) Ommms to Barb.
Annie is a great lady..... I keep a charger and extension cord in my to go makeup bag....... Essentials + toothbrush....
Old 02-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #10776

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi

Annie is a great lady..... I keep a charger and extension cord in my to go makeup bag....... Essentials + toothbrush....
You two will have plenty to talk about! And if there's a lull - she will tell all about my many misadventures.

So here's a story for ya. Not too long after Annie and I met - I drove the B Van to the Tetons / Yellowstone. On my drive up I called and cajoled her into taking vacation. I called American Airlines - traded some air miles for a 1 way ticket into Jacksons Hole. What a great place - a National Park with an airport and bar. She flew in and the rest is history. I had been several times before so I knew the ropes. We had so much fun and been having fun ever since. We actually made a second trip the following year as she loved it as much as i do. We have 14 years going and there is nothing but a rainbow ahead. And probably another trip or two to Jacksons Hole and Yellowstone.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #10777

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Steve,
19 degrees and about 1.5 inches of snow over here. Hope your staying warm over there. Got my head stuck in TV watching all things Olympic. Winter Games have always been my favorite.

Barb we are still praying for a speedy recovery for your new Bionic knees. Hang in there girl.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #10778

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Herb - been wondering where you got off to. My patio reads 26 degrees & the snow sort blew away but still some on the ground.

Enjoy the Olympics.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #10779

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Herb - been wondering where you got off to. My patio reads 26 degrees & the snow sort blew away but still some on the ground. Enjoy the Olympics.
Oh we're here just hanging out and stayin on the side reading what out fellow mutants are doing. Can't wait for warmer weather so we can head out somewhere. Just got a call that we won a drawing for a free week at a new RV resort in Glenrose so we maybe heading down there in the next month or so. Really getting anxious for the GC@CL so come on Spring!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #10780

Monaco Owners Club
Hello, Mutant peeps:

I hope Barb is doing well and getting up on her new knees - Barb, we're still ohhhhhhmmmmmming for you.

As for me - my poor lungs are not happy, although I did go to work today. My doc said no work until Monday, but we've had an eventful week, and I needed to go in. So far this week, we've had a bomb threat, two going away parties, three large hiring events, a celebration lunch for the certification we got and three new employees, two of them mine. But I still can't breathe.

Gosh, I can't wait for spring. We need to go camping! Sun, water, campfire, lounge chairs, grill. Oh, we really need to go camping.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote