Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #10921

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I'll send this Northern staple right on up to you. We've exceeded or 2 week limit on winter.

Think I'll take up ground hog hunting!
Groundhogs are as common around here as snow plows!! You don't even need a license to shoot them here.
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #10922

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Jeff happy belated birthday! Glad it was a good one for you. Well Barb and I have been able to begin to formulate our travel plans for 2014 with some definite dates. Of course we are at the GC in April. In July we start a three month trip to San Diego then bounce around California working our way North to Seattle by mid August for hopefully a mini with Barb and Possum and whoever else we can get to join us. Then on to start September in Yellowstone which we have never done so we are excited for that. Then head South for Texas sometime in Late September to the home base. This is going to be our first big trip so we are all excited. Jenny will be tired by the time she brings us home so she will be in need of some TLC.

A lot of you have been to Yellowstone so any suggestions would be helpful and welcomed. Also we are going to Grand Canyon on the way to California so suggestions for campgrounds there will be welcomed.

Barb and I are still in our beginner stage as full timers and we haven't seen much of this country accept at 30,000 feet so we are newby explorers. We are gonna keep our plans very loose and flexible so we are in no hurry. If we land somewhere we really enjoy we will stay till we get tired of it and then move on. All suggestions accepted.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #10923
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
[...]Why does my pc ask me if I want to open some string of letters when I hit quote on some of the other threads?
Is something here trying to access my pc? It didn't do it just now but it did on another one.
Thank you. For a minute there I thought it was just my computer. When I finish reading and posting mutated stuff, I'm going to restart it and see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Wow! I'm honored by all the get well wishes. I'm still struggling some with pain, but I have a new Oxy Rx that should help. I just wish I could find a comfortable way to lay in bed so I can sleep. Three nights in the hospital without sleep has me worn out.

Happy Birthday Jeff! And Elizabeth, many ohhhmmmmmmms for you. Stay down and rest! you need to get over your pneumonia!

It's good to be back amongst friends. Oh and we had about 4" of snow our the last 3 days. YUCK!
Now Barb, it's about time you left chasing the doctor's around the hospital floors to the nurses, and coming back to your STM roots.

Happy to hear you are home. Now do the PT as it is given to you, no more, no less. IF they tell you 5 repetitions of an excercise, don't do more, it can hurt you.

Did they give you motion machines to move your knees when you sleep? That stupid contraption will keep you on your back for sure.

I wanted both done at the same time, but Dr. said insurance companies were stopping that practice. (reason at a later time). As someone stated, if you get one done, you will not go back for the other one. Woe is me, as it fits.

Oh! I only used the Oxy for the first two days. Then, about 1 hour before PT I'd pop one. Trust me!! Schedule your use of Oxy for about 1 hour before PT.

Are you having home PT or will you have to travel?

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #10924
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
[...]

A lot of you have been to Yellowstone so any suggestions would be helpful and welcomed. Also we are going to Grand Canyon on the way to California so suggestions for campgrounds there will be welcomed. [...]
Herbie!

We been there done that! San Diego all the way to Whidby Island. So for specifics, email me.

When we left for home we also went to Yellowstone. We stayed at Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park. Nice place, and only a 1/2 mile or so to get into the Park.

We left the PNW and eventually on I-90 and at US-287 we headed South. Nice scenic ride with no big surprises at that time. Takes you right into Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park area.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #10925

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Herbie! We been there done that! San Diego all the way to Whidby Island. So for specifics, email me. When we left for home we also went to Yellowstone. We stayed at Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park. Nice place, and only a 1/2 mile or so to get into the Park. We left the PNW and eventually on I-90 and at US-287 we headed South. Nice scenic ride with no big surprises at that time. Takes you right into Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park area.
Thanks Waynie! I will PM you for some details.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #10926

Quote:
A lot of you have been to Yellowstone so any suggestions would be helpful and welcomed. Also we are going to Grand Canyon on the way to California so suggestions for campgrounds there will be welcomed. Barb and I are still in our beginner stage as full timers and we haven't seen much of this country accept at 30,000 feet so we are newby explorers. We are gonna keep our plans very loose and flexible so we are in no hurry. If we land somewhere we really enjoy we will stay till we get tired of it and then move on. All suggestions accepted.
Ok. Here is where we stayed
Grand Canyon stayed at the Grand Canyon Trailer Village on the south rim. This was in November, so easy without reservations $35 fhu, didnt really see anything else nearby....

On anither trip
Yelliwstone stayed at Grant Village. No hookups, a little tight for 38'....
Then moved to Tetons, Flagg Ranch, only like 20 m south of Yelliwstone. Plenty of room fhu...

If you are doing n CA on way to Seattle, dont skip the Oregon Coast. We spent the whole month of July last year, moving each 4-5 nights... No reservations...
The best beach in mho, because they allow dogs.... Everywhere.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #10927

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Wayne,

My doc says they gave up on using the passive motion machines, studies showed them ineffective. But, I can only sleep on my back anyway. I wish I could curl up in a fetal position, but it ain't happening right now.

Sena freaked out yesterday. Acted like I was going to eat her. Today is much better and she'll stay leashed to me until she decides I'm OK again. Monkeys don't like change. When she was about 9 months old, I came home with a perm and she wouldn't let me touch her. The cure was to wear her for 2 days until she settled down. I hope it doesn't take that long this time. Home Health will be out tomorrow to draw blood for the Coumidin levels. Sena won't let strangers touch me, so I'll have to cage her then.

It's good to hear about plans for the GC and mini-Cs making the news here. This will be an April to remember!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #10928

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A lot of you have been to Yellowstone so any suggestions would be helpful and welcomed. Also we are going to Grand Canyon on the way to California so suggestions for campgrounds there will be welcomed.

We stayed in Williams AZ at the Grand Canyon Railway campground. We rode the train from Williams to the canyon. The train ride up and back was great and took us right to the entrance of the canyon. You can walk from the campground to the train or they have a shuttle that will pick you up and take you to the depot. One other thing we really like was the campground has a pet spa. Since we knew we would be gone all day we boarded Abbie while we were gone. The place was very clean (no smell) and they required current health records. We didn’t feel uncomfortable with Abbie staying there. Williams has a great downtown area and some good restaurants. We enjoyed the outdoor restaurants since the weather was great. Williams is about 35 miles west of Flagstaff.

We stayed in Island Park, ID at the Island Park Campground. Island Park is 28 miles from the west entrance to Yellowstone. The campground was OK, we were gone seeing the sights most of the time so the campground was mostly a palace to park. The hookups all worked but no Wi-Fi or cable. The campground is in the trees so the satellite may not work if it’s not portable. The campground is very close to the highway going to Yellowstone but there was no traffic noise at night. Some of the sites would be close maneuvering for a motorhome, we told the office staff what we were in and they put us in a site that wasn’t difficult to get in or out. The staff at the campground were helpful with directions and questions about the area sites. We were glad we stayed in Island Park after going into the town of West Yellowstone because it was really crowded and somewhat difficult to get around.

Wherever you stay have a great trip. If you have time drive on to the Grand Tetons while you are in the Yellowstone area.

Barb,
Glad you are back and healing.

Ginny, Jim and Abbie
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #10929

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Waynie! I will PM you for some details.
Just remember if you follow his directions explicitly don't get on the ferry because you'll end up in the field behind us if you do. His lack of directing giving ability is only exceeded by his social graces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post

We stayed in Williams AZ at the Grand Canyon Railway campground. We rode the train from Williams to the canyon. The train ride up and back was great and took us right to the entrance of the canyon. You can walk from the campground to the train or they have a shuttle that will pick you up and take you to the depot. One other thing we really like was the campground has a pet spa. Since we knew we would be gone all day we boarded Abbie while we were gone. The place was very clean (no smell) and they required current health records. We didn’t feel uncomfortable with Abbie staying there. Williams has a great downtown area and some good restaurants. We enjoyed the outdoor restaurants since the weather was great. Williams is about 35 miles west of Flagstaff.

We stayed in Island Park, ID at the Island Park Campground. Island Park is 28 miles from the west entrance to Yellowstone. The campground was OK, we were gone seeing the sights most of the time so the campground was mostly a palace to park. The hookups all worked but no Wi-Fi or cable. The campground is in the trees so the satellite may not work if it’s not portable. The campground is very close to the highway going to Yellowstone but there was no traffic noise at night. Some of the sites would be close maneuvering for a motorhome, we told the office staff what we were in and they put us in a site that wasn’t difficult to get in or out. The staff at the campground were helpful with directions and questions about the area sites. We were glad we stayed in Island Park after going into the town of West Yellowstone because it was really crowded and somewhat difficult to get around.

Wherever you stay have a great trip. If you have time drive on to the Grand Tetons while you are in the Yellowstone area.

Barb,
Glad you are back and healing.

Ginny, Jim and Abbie
Thanks for the Information we want to hit Williams and do the train ride. The steam locomotive they use there was the one that I would sometimes fire when it was a hauler at the Marquette and Huron Mountain Railroad in the Yooper part of Michigan. Do they allow pets on the train here like they do here in Port Alberni?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #10930

Quote:
well, my butt has been officially kicked. I don't regret doing both knees, but I am SO sore. I'm sorry I haven't updated y'all, but I thought it wiser to send my IPad home and not risk it growing legs and walking away.

Arlene sprung me at about 2 and I finally made it to bed. Sena was a brat the whole time I was gone, but very glad to see me. Lily couldn't understand why she had to be leashed, but she is fond of walking on me. I'll probably let her stay with Arlene until my staples come out in another 8-9 days.

OK, I have 10 pages os ketsup so I better get to it.

I missed y'all!
Quote:
Wow! I'm honored by all the get well wishes. I'm still struggling some with pain, but I have a new Oxy Rx that should help. I just wish I could find a comfortable way to lay in bed so I can sleep. Three nights in the hospital without sleep has me worn out.

Happy Birthday Jeff! And Elizabeth, many ohhhmmmmmmms for you. Stay down and rest! you need to get over your pneumonia!

It's good to be back amongst friends. Oh and we had about 4" of snow our the last 3 days. YUCK!

BARB! Glad to see ya back!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #10931

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the Information we want to hit Williams and do the train ride. The steam locomotive they use there was the one that I would sometimes fire when it was a hauler at the Marquette and Huron Mountain Railroad in the Yooper part of Michigan. Do they allow pets on the train here like they do here in Port Alberni?

I don't think pets are allowed on the train, at least we didn't see any on the train. I had been to canyon before and I thought the train ride was the best part of the trip. The conductor was in our car and gave us information about the train and the railways to the canyon.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #10932

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks to all who contributed suggestions for our trip. We definitely want to take the train ride to the canyon so we will probably stay in Williams. Our lab Molly is excited too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2312776361.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	408.6 KB
ID:	55774
Old 02-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #10933

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Does the pet resort allow smoking? Molly likes to smoke her antler bone. LOL
Old 02-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #10934

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not sure Abbie is a non smoker. She has been known to chew.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140209_185813.png
Views:	66
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	55775