Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #10977

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti

Well, if you live central and work east, you would have to rise and shine! My "commute" to the left coast means it is still around 6 a.m. there when I usually log in. Actually, I set my own hours and can work any time, I just have a certain committment of work for the week. Since I am really "officially" retired, I don't want to work fulltime any more, so it works out to 3-4 hours a day.
Yep - I have been rising Central and working East for 5 or 6 years - I forget lol. But I even beat them to it most days. They are train riders in the east. And it's easy to out hour them as they have to make that train home too. Choo choo. All I have to do is roll outta bed.

Good to see ya posting!! Missed hearing from you!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2014, 12:17 AM   #10978

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Well, if you live central and work east, you would have to rise and shine! My "commute" to the left coast means it is still around 6 a.m. there when I usually log in. Actually, I set my own hours and can work any time, I just have a certain committment of work for the week. Since I am really "officially" retired, I don't want to work fulltime any more, so it works out to 3-4 hours a day.
Hey next time you log into VIHA look at my file and see what's so all important that my doctor has been trying to get me to come see him about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It is similar on this side of town. This has been about as much winter and as cold as I can remember. Although, my memory isn't what it once was.

When it warms up - mini-C for some tasty grub is a must!
Too much winter for me this year.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #10979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Hey next time you log into VIHA look at my file and see what's so all important that my doctor has been trying to get me to come see him about?

Too much winter for me this year.
If I did that I would forfeit my firstborn and my dogs, LOL. The privacy stakes are high. We used to be able to check previous documentation on a patient to help clarify what a doctor was dictating, but no more. Big brother is watching and we can only have open what we are working on. There are also multiple layers of encryption between my computer and VIHA. Your secret is safe, even from you.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #10980
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Poof!!!

Les, that is one nice picture. Did you pick up the pot of gold?

Attachment 55826
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sena has returned to being her old bratty self. She now blames Arlene for the evil that has happened to her. Monkeys must always have someone to blame. Lily is still Canis Non Gratis, and Arlene is the only other familiar creature to venture inside our domain. Twice I have had to "adjust" her attitude.

A home health nurse came to draw blood today and informed me that they will send out a physical therapist so I won't have to be hauled into town twice a week. Yeah!

The best news is that I got a real shower today! It was marvelous! They put a waterproof dressing over my incisions right before I left the hospital. By 3pm today the snow had melted off the pavement so I hopped in my power chair and headed for the pool house shower. It is the easiest for me to access. I was pooped and ready to climb back into bed, but oh was it worth the effort.

There is also good news about Arlene's husband, Don. Today she was joking with one of his friends about taking pictures of him lying in bed. He shook his head. We know that he's still in there. His docs have all said this is a marathon, but it was getting hard to be patient. Everyone's spirits are renewed.

Thank you all for the prayers and healing thoughts for Don and me. They're working!
Barb, great news about Don. Our best his way.

After two ACL reconstructions, right knee replaced, and two rotators cuff repairs, yes, that shower is so, so, so, good. I can appreciate how you felt when the water was just coming down like rain, nice and warm. (picture worth a thousand words, what say?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
If I did that I would forfeit my firstborn and my dogs, LOL. The privacy stakes are high. We used to be able to check previous documentation on a patient to help clarify what a doctor was dictating, but no more. Big brother is watching and we can only have open what we are working on. There are also multiple layers of encryption between my computer and VIHA. Your secret is safe, even from you.
Tina, let me help you start. In his case the file begins with the words "mental instability[..].

Steve, don't forget when you get that copper pot to break it in with about 500 pots of coffee, and don't wash it in between brews, just rinse.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #10981

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Will be SOOOO glad to be on road again. LOL

Ya know...I thought this would be an easy 3-4 months to begin our retirement...well...NOT! LOL

Getting all the little projects and medical/dental stuff done is the right thing to do but it feels so much like...UGGGHHHH...S&B living for now.

It is kinda like we jumped on the rainbow for the first month as we traveled for nearly 30 days and then we took a wrong turn at Albuquerque (for you Bugs Bunny fans) and have to back track to the beginning. Don't get me wrong, all of it is necessary, root canals and all, but we will be soooo glad to get it all over and back on the road.

I have a small inkling of what Barb is going through...VERY SMALL! Sandee and I have been a tad under the weather for a couple days due to allergies that snuck up on us...nothing like some of the illnesses some of the RVMs (Steve in particular) have suffered.

At least all of my root canals, extractions and implants are done. I have my minor knee surgery in 8 days, and I am taking Sandee for a CT scan in prep for some minor nasal surgery that should be completed in a couple weeks. I have at least 4 more treks this year to Progresso, MX for impressions, temporary plates & caps, then permanent caps.

I hope there is some really good cheese at CL to go with all my whining.

Rainbow...take me away.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #10982

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Walking On Thin Ice.....

Ohhh it is gunna be so much fun meeting you along the rainbow, Wayne.

Your medical assessment is pretty accurate, what medicul schul dids you gradeuate from?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #10983

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Ohhh it is gunna be so much fun meeting you along the rainbow, Wayne. Your medical assessment is pretty accurate, what medicul schul dids you gradeuate from?
Yep let some people have a few trips to the hospital and by osmosis they are medical experts. LOL I can see Dr. Wayne holding up one finger and smiling at me telling me to bend over. LOL
Old 02-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #10984

Vintage RV Owners Club
Don... You will be so relieved and feel so good to have all that mouth work done and out of the way... free cruising on the rainbow when it is all finished up! I've been seeing my dentist a bit of late.... going to get a real old huge metal filling removed and replaced then a crown on that, I'm not looking forward to that process either, but know it is for my best and I better feel a bit better afterwards will all that mercury gone!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #10985

Vintage RV Owners Club
Been about 11 pages since I've seen Elizabeth... wondering if her weekend resting did the trick or if she ended up back in the hospital.......
Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #10986

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Yep let some people have a few trips to the hospital and by osmosis they are medical experts. LOL I can see Dr. Wayne holding up one finger and smiling at me telling me to bend over. LOL
Yuppers, him and Jethrow Boudine went to Brain Sergery Schull together raight afeter grade-u-ating grade six.

Your finger comment kinda reminds of a song I heard way back when...
Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #10987
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ohhh it is gunna be so much fun meeting you along the rainbow, Wayne.

Your medical assessment is pretty accurate, what medicul schul dids you gradeuate from?
Ah! Looking forward to the meeting. You just need to travel to the GC@CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Is that with or without glove, Herb.

[QUOTE=Possum;1923257]Yuppers, him and Jethrow Boudine went to Brain Sergery Schull together raight afeter grade-u-ating grade six.

Your finger comment kinda reminds of a song I heard way back when...
[..]/QUOTE]

I am waving at you.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #10988

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Yuppers, him and Jethrow Boudine went to Brain Sergery Schull together raight afeter grade-u-ating grade six. Your finger comment kinda reminds of a song I heard way back when...
Lol funny song.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #10989

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Ah! Looking forward to the meeting. You just need to travel to the GC@CL. Is that with or without glove, Herb.
Lol Wayne I knew that was coming.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #10990

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Heeeelllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo lo lo lo lo Kinda echoes in here when its empty of mutants?? Heeellllooooooo lo lo lo lo