Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #11005

Hey SCifi4 - sounds like you are near Syracuse, NY with Lake effect. Stay warm. We moved down to Florida 15 years ago from Syracuse and other then our kids and grandkids we do not miss the winters at all.

Also Please help - we have been invaded by the rope light people. What do I do?

myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #11006
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshaggydog View Post
Hey SCifi4 - sounds like you are near Syracuse, NY with Lake effect. Stay warm. We moved down to Florida 15 years ago from Syracuse and other then our kids and grandkids we do not miss the winters at all. Also Please help - we have been invaded by the rope light people. What do I do?
AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! Nooooo, not the rope light people! Have they no shame?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #11007

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshaggydog View Post
Hey SCifi4 - sounds like you are near Syracuse, NY with Lake effect. Stay warm. We moved down to Florida 15 years ago from Syracuse and other then our kids and grandkids we do not miss the winters at all.

Also Please help - we have been invaded by the rope light people. What do I do?
We had the misfortune to have some of those next to us a few years ago. They had the Brightest White ropes of lights circling their whole campsite. They left them on 24 hours. All we could do was close the shades at dusk. We didn't want to be known as "complainers". Honestly, I have never seen any rope lights that bright since.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #11008

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfi4
Teens (if we're lucky), single digits and sometimes negatives here in Upstate NY

2-3 inches a day lately, although east of me they are getting 2-3 feet daily -- Lake Effect Snow is a lovely thing

No travel plans until DD is out for Summer Recess from school -- 2 weeks OTR last week of June / 1st week of July and then another for 2 weeks end of August before she starts (hopefully) her Senior Year

Otherwise, the dreaded W-Word for another 9 years or so before Full-Timing might begin

Always around keeping up with the latest -- Don't like Ketchup much (More of a Dijon Mustard type)

Later
Feet of snow.... Inches daily!! We get cabin fever down here with inches one or two days. Stay warm, I hear another storm is headed your way - or perhaps there already.

Edit - mustard the spicier the better!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #11009

Vintage RV Owners Club
sfi4 (RVM 44),
Sounds like you may have a nice cool summer this year too with the air conditioning effects coming off the lakes which I read are threatening to set a record this year for freezing 100% over their surface area combined. So you'll be getting a cool breeze off of them until August when it finally all melts!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #11010

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
From what I am hearing from people along the American shore of Erie, they can now drive across he lake to visit the Canadians who share the other shore of Erie. All they lack is the nerve to try doing so.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #11011

Vintage RV Owners Club
well... what I read was the lakes may be ice covered... but some places might only be a couple inches thick while in other spots on same lake are a foot or more thick... I'd be a bit worried I'd find the thin spots too late! LOL!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #11012
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
From what I am hearing from people along the American shore of Erie, they can now drive across he lake to visit the Canadians who share the other shore of Erie. All they lack is the nerve to try doing so.
Is it nerve, or common sense at play here? I know there are places in Alaska where big semi trucks drive over lakes, but they aren't one of the Great Lakes. And, I believe engineers first test and certify the lake roads as safe. Even then I think I'd rather not chance it without an amphibious vehicle.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #11013
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
So when I meet Wayne at GC@CL, he will be the one in the wet suit with flippers and a miner's helmet with light?
Sorry, two heads will not fit in one item (helmet with light). Herb has to remove his first.

Okay Steve, you asked for it. Twenty four hours of no posting. (Yeah Right)
11:20 a.m. Now
Bye.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #11014

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

Sorry, two heads will not fit in one item (helmet with light). Herb has to remove his first.

Okay Steve, you asked for it. Twenty four hours of no posting. (Yeah Right)
11:20 a.m. Now
Bye.
Just as I suspected - the only way you could behave for 1 day is to stop posting.... LOL.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #11015

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sorry, two heads will not fit in one item (helmet with light). Herb has to remove his first. Okay Steve, you asked for it. Twenty four hours of no posting. (Yeah Right) 11:20 a.m. Now Bye.
Wayne I got your back buddy.....it's no fun behaving.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #11016

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey! Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are free entry into national parks days if anyone is interested.... Wish I could but I'm caring for some folks cats who are on vacation... 12 cats in 1 house... that's a heck of a lot of poop scooping! (so nice they pay well!)
Old 02-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #11017
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What difference a week makes.

At this time 7 days ago I was being wheeled to the recovery room after double knee replacement surgery. I didn't stay long because the surgeries were done with only epidural anesthesia.

I think the anesthesiologist slipped something in my IV because I remember very little of what was happening. Maybe I was talking too much and he gave me a little Versid nap? It's nice not to have that foggy head and sore throat that general anesthesia causes.

I wasn't able to watch the surgery as I was wanting to do, due to logistics, but I do remember hearing noises that I'll spare you from describing.

Today I gave up the walker and only need a cane for balance when outside the RV. Inside I can use the counters to steady myself. My legs do tire easily and I'm still spending most of the day in bed. It gets easier every time I get up.

For the most part I can be self sufficient except for applying cream to my back. It seems that the anesthiologist didn't believe the NO SKIN ADHESIVES note written on my allergy bracelet. I have rash that covers most of my back where he applied some sort of skin glue to hold the epidural line in place.

My pre surgery bravado is starting to return. I know I still have a lot of hard w**k ahead getting my muscles back to normal, but the light at the end of the tunnel shines bright.

AND! The snow has melted, the fog is starting to burn off and the sun is hopefully going to shine this afternoon. I'm a happy camper once again.

I'm sending healing ohmmmms to Elizabeth and any other ailing mutants. May there be sunshine in your life today.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #11018

Vintage RV Owners Club
My Gosh, the sun is out and it's so bright out there glaring off the white stuff, I can't see when I come back inside... thanks Barb! ( Maybe it will melt and we can get back to the Honey's roof!