Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #11299
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Wow, Judy, we have quite a bit in common there! That tends to be a mom of boys situation.... they have a full time woman to tend to, mom gets left behind. I find volunteering helps keep me preoccupied. that and nurturing my plants...LOL! ( not quite the same, I still have one age 24 at home I pester enough to make up for all the other 3 sons....LOL!)
Oh yes.... I have 2 sons.... That is why I have so many hobbies......

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #11300

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey, whose side are you on?
Just lulling them into a false sense of security

Old 02-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #11301

"Live long enough to be a burden to your children?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #11302
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
1. Destination 2. An elevator Am I in???
Sarah, welcome to RVMdom!

RVM69, I am very pleased you have joined this fine group of STMs.

May the Rainbow always provide you with the finest colors, and an amazing ride.

Dave

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #11303

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I hate my neighbors. They're grilling some steak. I have the front door open and even Sadie is sitting there enjoying the smell. Oh... for the taste of a juicy T-bone.
It is interesting to me you can smell the steak but not taste it as the 2 are so closely interrelated. Makes me wonder if there is hope for the taste buds yet. By the way...7 years out and my 'girls' are slowly getting some feeling .... weird to get an itch when haven't felt much for so long. I think the nerves are slowly growing back. Haven't had a phantom pain on the amputated parts for over a year now....perhaps those cruel jokes are done.

What I'm trying to say is don't give up hope if there is a hope to be found. {Hug}
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #11304

Is this blasphemy ??

Since the number one rule of mutantism is "less is more" I am posting a pic taken two days ago, currently the front half has no roof or walls .........
I hope the pic comes through, no guarantee the way the space aliens have been messing with me lately.
I thought I would at least pop in and say hi kiddies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0181.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	56252  
Old 02-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #11305
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev View Post
Since the number one rule of mutantism is "less is more" I am posting a pic taken two days ago, currently the front half has no roof or walls ......... I hope the pic comes through, no guarantee the way the space aliens have been messing with me lately. I thought I would at least pop in and say hi kiddies.
So..........Are you sayin the things that you don't have on the coach you don't miss? There's a lot not there!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #11306

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev View Post
Since the number one rule of mutantism is "less is more" I am posting a pic taken two days ago, currently the front half has no roof or walls .........
I hope the pic comes through, no guarantee the way the space aliens have been messing with me lately.
Actually it's what I don't have and don't miss!
If I didn't have roof or walls I'm sorry but myself, I'd miss em. But welcome to this craziness. Hope no one was hurt in this transformation!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #11307

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
YAY! for Mike and Harriet! We all knew you'd make the great mutation from waves to roads.
As for the mothers of sons subsection, I am sorry to find out I am not alone. Because I wouldn't wish it on any friends, not that I don't enjoy the company.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #11308

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
So..........Are you sayin the things that you don't have on the coach you don't miss? There's a lot not there!
Exactly, and when the rest of the mess is gone, I won't miss it even more.
It'll open up my space I need to use to yank the engine from my pickup so I can rebuild it.
Originally, I had dreams of making use of the motorhome, but not a single inch was spared mouse or packrat infestation and damage, and the wires were so badly chewed up I was totally amazed anything electrical worked, I was lucky they didn't damage the engine related wires too badly so I could get it running.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #11309

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
It is interesting to me you can smell the steak but not taste it as the 2 are so closely interrelated. Makes me wonder if there is hope for the taste buds yet. By the way...7 years out and my 'girls' are slowly getting some feeling .... weird to get an itch when haven't felt much for so long. I think the nerves are slowly growing back. Haven't had a phantom pain on the amputated parts for over a year now....perhaps those cruel jokes are done.

What I'm trying to say is don't give up hope if there is a hope to be found. {Hug}
There is nothing wrong with my taste and smell, it is just not being able to make enough saliva to spit in God's eye. Cant' make it wet, can't taste it.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #11310

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev
Kevin - I have often wondered if you picked up the towel - after throwing it in the ring. From the picture it's difficult tell which direction you're headed. More info please!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #11311

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
To all my mutant brethren. Finally got our coach!!! Woohoo!! 2003 Dutch Star 4004, one owner, barn stored when not used, 62,000 miles super condition. Sorry if it sounds like I'm excited (bragging). I got all the systems I wanted except diesel fired heating , but DW got every thing she wanted so by default it's perfect. We close on next Wednesday (Monday a bank Holiday), and boat sold yesterday. Rolled the dice on this entire process, trusted the boat buyers and they were super!!!!!!! Coach came from North Trails on Ft Myers, and our guy Kyle was incredible. Told him months ago if the coach we wanted came in to call us. He saw one from a different salesman being traded, called us a put a hold on it till we came in. It was perfect for us. If we can get it all prepped and equipped in time we will see y'all at the GC@CL. Thanks for all your encouragement and advice thru this process. Special shoutout to PTJeep and Flagship 1. See y'all soon we hope. 🚍🚍🚍🚍
As the days click by the GC begins to grow! Great news congrats. Be sure to send a note to Herb, maybe he can get you next to the water to help in your land luber transition!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #11312

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations Mike and Harriet. Have company at the moment - so gotta run - but
Steve and Annie

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote