Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #11313

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Kevin - I have often wondered if you picked up the towel - after throwing it in the ring. From the picture it's difficult tell which direction you're headed. More info please!
I gave up on the motorhome idea.

Plan B was to put a decent flatbed and sides on it and have a heavy duty woodhauling truck. But, since my firewood cutting days are about over, I'm out of the business and don't need a 2 ton flatbed truck. Plus, the cost of buying six 19.5 tires kills the deal.

So, I am doing a dismantle and scrap project. Not much of it is usable, hope to be able to sell the engine and tranny since they are in excellent shape. The fridge should be good, am going to test it this next week. Will have a lot of scrap metal to haul in and sell. After I dismount the tires from the rims, I want to weld the wheels together (after torching out the centers) and will have a bigger woodstove for my house. Wheel rim stoves have lot of surface area and sure radiate a lot of heat into the house. Currently my stove is made from 15" rims. If I use the 19.5's I will have space to weld a flat cooktop surface on it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #11314

I like your way of thinking. A wheel stove. What about doors for fuel and cleaning?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #11315

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
To all my mutant brethren. Finally got our coach!!! Woohoo!! 2003 Dutch Star 4004...
UH OH...Steve has chided me over being in a Newmar gated world...I guess he may have been right? LOL

Just kidding...Steve is the best!

Congrats! Maybe you might be interested in going up to Escanaba, MI Starting July 14th for the Newmar Kountry Klub rally? I'll be there!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #11316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I like your way of thinking. A wheel stove. What about doors for fuel and cleaning?
Just like the stove I'm using now, 1/4" steel plate welded over the ends, door with hinges welded on and a trailer hitch ball for the handle.The stove sits horizontal, and I fabricated a long handled tool that fits the contour of the wheels to scoop ashes. I used five 15" rims and it'll handle wood up to 28" long.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #11317
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mike and Harriet,

Congratulations. Hope to see you at the GC@AR, AL, AK, or AZ and especially at CL.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #11318

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Mike and Harriet,

Congratulations. Hope to see you at the GC@AR, AL, AK, or AZ and especially at CL.
Be careful...your confusion could be catchy!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #11319
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
[...[Wayne, surely you mean your one stop will be up here with us or we are gonna pout and you sure don't want to cause that!
Herb, that's over 100 miles out of the way, give me a break

Meet you on the road though, say around Marshall, TX?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #11320

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

UH OH...Steve has chided me over being in a Newmar gated world...I guess he may have been right? LOL

Just kidding...Steve is the best!

Congrats! Maybe you might be interested in going up to Escanaba, MI Starting July 14th for the Newmar Kountry Klub rally? I'll be there!
Don -- I ribbed ya - or kidded ya about the exclusive Newmar Gated Community mentality all in good fun... But the luster of your gates is waning as the Entegra folks become more vocal and circle the wagons ever tighter. And this too is further kidding. We all love our coaches - and I'm thinking of starting a thread about which floor wax for my Bounder. Who says ya can't teach a old mutant new tricks. I need to look up chided cause I'm not sure it means what I think it means.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #11321

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev

Just like the stove I'm using now, 1/4" steel plate welded over the ends, door with hinges welded on and a trailer hitch ball for the handle.The stove sits horizontal, and I fabricated a long handled tool that fits the contour of the wheels to scoop ashes. I used five 15" rims and it'll handle wood up to 28" long.
Ok Mike - there'a your project. Use 22.5" wheels.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #11322

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Don -- I ribbed ya - ...
Yep...ribbed me...chided might sound too serious but for me...it was all in fun my STM friend!

Whacky I say...we are just whacky!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #11323

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev View Post
Thx, I was thinking more like a reverse pot belly stove.

Quote:
Ok Mike - there'a your project. Use 22.5" wheels.
It's the middle of winter in AZ and we are breaking temperature records.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #11324

Where I live is a tad cooler than Phoenix, I'm up north at 5300 ft.
That's why I'm still using my woodstove every night and every morning.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #11325

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshaggydog View Post
Quick question. When do I start mutating? Guess what I am doing Moebelly. LOL
Are you sure it will not abuse the TOS?
Quote:
You've been a honorary member for a long time.

Well Mutants - it's Official - Meet RVM69 - SarahW...

One of our favorite honorary RVMs has undergone the mutation process - to full fledged RVM.

Say - Hello - Wavey - and Welcome!
RVM2
Hey Sarah, I'm sorry being late to the welcoming committee but I am presently creating Atta Boys from DW. I had a bunch stockpiled but was informed that about 100 Atta Boys can be wiped out by one awe Schitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
My problem is I have no one to talk to. GF calls once a day, if I'm lucky. This weekend she is in Palm Springs playing softball. Haven't head a word or gotten a text from her since Friday. I consider that rude.
Hey dude if you just wanna chat PM me your phone number and I promise to bore you to tears daily. On my dime too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Woo hooo!!
Just to let you know, Wayne is the weird one, but the rest of us are tied for a very close second place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Yea right, besides the problem of getting Mary and Ginny up into it, Mary didNt like the color.

Actually Mary once inside, would be fighting me to drive! Looking for something aggressive but mayby a step or two lower than this one!
Heck, you could always park it inna ditch to make getting in and out easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Sarah,
Welcome to our strange , sick and twisted mutant group here where less is more!
Les is more what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
We will discover more starting tomorrow, Mike.

Yeah it was a huge battle between a bunch of infantry against all of 10 cavalry. They have a "re-enactment" March 7. How do the re-enact one shot! ;-)

Glad you are back on the blog and getting better!
Is this the infamous battle where Jubilation Tee Cornpone lead youall on a charge that brought you safely to the rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
To all my mutant brethren. Finally got our coach!!! Woohoo!! 2003 Dutch Star 4004, one owner, barn stored when not used, 62,000 miles super condition. Sorry if it sounds like I'm excited (bragging). I got all the systems I wanted except diesel fired heating , but DW got every thing she wanted so by default it's perfect. We close on next Wednesday (Monday a bank Holiday), and boat sold yesterday. Rolled the dice on this entire process, trusted the boat buyers and they were super!!!!!!! Coach came from North Trails on Ft Myers, and our guy Kyle was incredible. Told him months ago if the coach we wanted came in to call us. He saw one from a different salesman being traded, called us a put a hold on it till we came in. It was perfect for us. If we can get it all prepped and equipped in time we will see y'all at the GC@CL. Thanks for all your encouragement and advice thru this process. Special shoutout to PTJeep and Flagship 1. See y'all soon we hope. 🚍🚍🚍🚍
Congratulations and nice coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmankev View Post
Where I live is a tad cooler than Phoenix, I'm up north at 5300 ft.
That's why I'm still using my woodstove every night and every morning.
I hate wood stoves you gotta replace them after every use.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:09 PM   #11326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Are you sure it will not abuse the TOS?
Hey Sarah, I'm sorry being late to the welcoming committee but I am presently creating Atta Boys from DW. I had a bunch stockpiled but was informed that about 100 Atta Boys can be wiped out by one awe Schitz.
Don't act like you didn't know that.