Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #11355

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

And the Drs don't have the guts to tell you how long it will last. Put them through it and give a realistic answer.
Hey Mike - I'm not sure anyone can accurately predict how recovery will go. Everyone is different and probably hard to say how things will go. Especially difficult when people want to hold them to it. As long as the grass is beneath our feet I think we have to put one in the win column.

If you still want I prediction - I can recommend Madame LaRue. She's right about half the time.

Name:   image-1813811739.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  35.8 KB
Hang tuff brother.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #11356

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I found this on our local CL, Now this guy is a mutant with a capital MMMM.
1960 CHEVROLET SCHOOL BUS WITH DODGE VAN ON TOP OH/YEAHYA

JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #11357

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

That MH is going to get offal small for a man talking like that so early in a long trip! But I will tell Mary YOU said that.
Looks like I am in trouble before we even get there. Forgot to ad just kidding in prior post.
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #11358

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Mike - I'm not sure anyone can accurately predict how recovery will go. Everyone is different and probably hard to say how things will go. Especially difficult when people want to hold them to it. As long as the grass is beneath our feet I think we have to put one in the win column.

If you still want I prediction - I can recommend Madame LaRue. She's right about half the time.

Hang tuff brother.
They have enough patients, they should be able to build a time line with weight and life stile and treatment. Give me a Dr that is actually going through what I am and we will have a long talk. That's what charts are made for. I'm sick of these guesstimates and a visit every 3 months jut to fill their coffers and calendar. It's all about money.

I had two lung biopsies that produced nothing more than a collapsed lung and and inconveniences for me. My mileage tax write off will be going sky high this year. They were just looking around and "practicing" their inept tallent.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #11359
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
I found this on our local CL, Now this guy is a mutant with a capital MMMM.
1960 CHEVROLET SCHOOL BUS WITH DODGE VAN ON TOP OH/YEAHYA
Dang! The link said it was forbidden and they were in the process of taking the listing down. Judy, can you describe what you saw?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #11360

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Looks like I am in trouble before we even get there. Forgot to ad just kidding in prior post.
That may work, I use just kidding Honey!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #11361

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dang! The link said it was forbidden and they were in the process of taking the listing down. Judy, can you describe what you saw?
It was a 1960 Chevy school bus with a dodge van welded to the roof. And this guy was so happy to be getting it back on the road after 20 years of storage. He will put it back up, his first comment was for whoever kept flagging his post. I should have directed him to IRV2. As he wasn't selling it, just blogging about what all he was doing to it. It had a stove and kitchen stuff and a roll top desk. He was really up about this, excited to almost be able to drive the 75 miles down from the mountains, where it sits. Lots of pictures.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #11362

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Barb I found it over here , with only 1 picture.
1960 CHEVROLET SCHOOL BUS WITH DODGE VAN ON TOP OH/YEAHYA - classifieds - reachoo.com
Old 02-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #11363

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
No question that is Mutantism at its height.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #11364

I don't think it is bad enough to get in a C rated movie. Maybe Shark nation of whatever it is with Tara Reid.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #11365

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Our route plans are to go Hwy 82 from Paris to Texarkana and pickup I-30. Looking on the map it looks like we go to Hwy 171 to Catherine's Landing. If there is a better route let me know. We are planning on leaving the morning of the 22nd. Mapquest shows 200.25 miles for us....
I'm showing that for Steve and us if we leave out of the Plano area it is around 90-100 miles via 121 & 82 then Plano to CL is about 205-210 miles via 82-I30-270 and the route Tim suggested. That is up to 310 miles for us. Since we would be there for a week I don't mind putting in a "hard" day. FWIW, we run 60-62 MPH but if needed to better mesh with traffic will do 65 MPH which is our toad's speed limit. We are generally good for 2-3 hours non-stop depending on whether Gunny & Thor are not demanding to find a fire hydrant. LOL

Out of Plano area it may be a little quicker for us to meet up at New Boston on I30 but not a big deal. That works out to roughly 290 miles. Besides, I am not sure exactly where we will start from in the Plano area.

Steve, anyone else closer to Plano...any thoughts?

Tim, Steve, is there a way to post the route information on the web site?
Old 02-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #11366

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

I'm showing that for Steve and us if we leave out of the Plano area it is around 90-100 miles via 121 & 82 then Plano to CL is about 205-210 miles via 82-I30-270 and the route Tim suggested. That is up to 310 miles for us. Since we would be there for a week I don't mind putting in a "hard" day. FWIW, we run 60-62 MPH but if needed to better mesh with traffic will do 65 MPH which is our toad's speed limit. We are generally good for 2-3 hours non-stop depending on whether Gunny & Thor are not demanding to find a fire hydrant. LOL

Out of Plano area it may be a little quicker for us to meet up at New Boston on I30 but not a big deal. That works out to roughly 290 miles. Besides, I am not sure exactly where we will start from in the Plano area.

Steve, anyone else closer to Plano...any thoughts?

I made a mistake on the date. We are leaving the morning of the 23rd.

Don,
New Boston is just west of Texarkana. It would be easier for you to take I-30 all the way from Plano. Hwy 82 is two lanes to I-30 but is the best way for us to get to I-30 from Paris.
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #11367

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I made a mistake on the date. We are leaving the morning of the 23rd.

Don,
New Boston is just west of Texarkana. It would be easier for you to take I-30 all the way from Plano. Hwy 82 is two lanes to I-30 but is the best way for us to get to I-30 from Paris.
We will be at the MCD Factory in McKinney having our shades replaced from the 13th through the 17th or 18th. Our plan is to find some place near to Steve and Annie to enjoy a couple days with them and then travel together. I'm good with any day Steve & Annie can make the break. I've got the 2 days before the GC also booked but can cancel those if need be.

Regardless...it's all good.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #11368

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

Don, Steve and I discussed putting that info on web site so it doesn't get lost on thread. In a nut shell

I-30 from Texarkana East to Exit 98B ( hwy 270 toward Hot Springs)
I-30 from Little Rock West to Exit 98B
Those coming in from Ok, Ks, Mo, Tn or points north I strongly recommend I-40 to Little Rock then I-30 West to Exit 98B

I will get better info to Steve to post?