Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #11537

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
I'm with Moebelly about the sammich. Anything best eaten warm and dripping doesn't qualify.
Oh yee of sheltered lives.... I have a NY Deli down the street that apparently is going to need to change their menu. Apparently they have no samwiches despite 2 pages of listings...

My favorite at the deli is the ABC (the CBS and NBC are also great) - but the lean Pastrami, Corned Beef, thick slice of melting swiss, with added chopped liver, Russian dressing and slaw on marbled rye that I thought was a sammich must be a ?? What I ask you ??

This place is where they would have filmed Seinfeld - if it were filmed in DFW. Come visit me - I will show you sammiches that will change your life. Or maybe you can just watch me eat one since there are no sammiches (or soup) for you....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #11538

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
This place is where they would have filmed Seinfeld - if it were filmed in DFW. Come visit me - I will show you sammiches that will change your life. Or maybe you can just watch me eat one since there are no sammiches (or soup) for you....
So what am I? The sammich police?!! I don't want to be the sammich police (pirate)!!!

Are you the Master of your domain?
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #11539

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly

So what am I? The sammich police?!! I don't want to be the sammich police (pirate)!!!

Are you the Master of your domain?
The art of the ponder.... When pondering such things - ponder police are not required but some confusion may exist. The first ponder was recorded on this thread several 1,000 posts ago.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3745999195.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	56516
Old 02-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #11540

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The art of the ponder.... When pondering such things - ponder police are not required but some confusion may exist. The first ponder was recorded on this thread several 1,000 posts ago.
Attachment 56516
Good Morning Mutey's,

It's 10:30am and yes its still morning, I've had my morning coffee ( 3 cups worth ) and my morning shower and some toast to tide me over till I can have a nice brunch. Today we will be heading to the Yuma Territorial Prison and my goal is to not have to check in for safe keeping. Then Saturday its off to a Radio Controlled Air Show to see the latest in model airplane flight.

As far as sammiches, anything with ham, salami, pepperjack cheese and a few crispy slices of BACON thrown in with a touch of thousand island dressing and a tomato or two and then using the two handed hamburger hunch with a nice frosty tall one near by to enhance the flavor ...... now that is a sammich.

Now for you Texans we will be in the Frisco, Plano, Mckinney area just before heading to the GC, we are still searching for a decent campground in the area, we would enjoy joining the caravan to CL and if I have to get up early to fall into line I can make an exception to my morning routine, I am after all retired and flexible, just give me time for coffee. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Now please feel free to return to your normal mutations and rainbow riding.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #11541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruadair View Post
Twelve or so years ago we took off on a small sailboat and sailed full time in Central and South America. Last fall we decided it was time to return home and travel here for a while. On our boat we lived 12 years without a microwave, laundry machines or dishwasher, and while we thought we would miss them we never did. Our adventures were to exciting to miss those things. With our new mode of traveling we still do not have a dishwasher or washer/dryer and still we don't miss them. Actually the Bounder has much more than we ever did on our boat, more and larger tv's, satellite dish, more space (lots more). This is luxury living for us.

In our adventures we enjoyed the people, local foods and culture, I don't think that will change traveling domestically. We thrive on adventure and while we don't expect big waves or pirates on this next adventure we do hope the journey is just as exciting.

And yes, we affirm that the Journey is the Destination
Welcome RVM 70, you may now cruise the bright side of the rainbow freely and join the rest of us STM's in sharing your experiences and enlighten us with your ponderances too.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #11542

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

I've always been an early riser and likely always will even once I throw in the "W---" towel.

It's my wife who has the issue with getting up and getting on the road early. I'm usually up 3 or so hours before her when on holidays. I should devise some kind of restraint for the bed and "strap er down" cause I could pack a lot of miles in before the grizzly came out of the cave!

Oh.....the reference to the grizzly is what it's like waking a grizzly out of hibernation to getting my wife up early......it ain't something you want to subject yourself to unless absolutely necessary!
Good Lord...you sound like my spousal unit....he's up before the sun and a drag after it goes down!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #11543

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Good Lord...you sound like my spousal unit....he's up before the sun and a drag after it goes down!
Yep your spousal unit and I are kindred
spirits!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #11544

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Perhaps the greatest Ponder from the Show of Ponders!

"Are you Master of your Domain?"
"I am King of the County. You?"
"Lord of the Manor."
"I'm Queen of the castle!"
- Jerry, George and Elaine, in "The Contest"
-----------------
Kramer was in on the contest but before it began he was "Out"...

George "won" the contest - but revealed in the final episode that he had lied. He said he lied because "I'm a liar.". Typical George. Jerry actually won.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #11545

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly View Post
Barb - I must admit I am totally intrigued by Sena. I would think that monkeys are way too independent minded to have with you and I'm sure that I would never have the patience you have to take care of her.
Sena is easy compared to most monkeys. She has learned that good behavior buys her freedom. A good friend, Polly, runs a primate sanctuary near here. Those are the bad boys and girls of the simian persuasion.

Polly was telling the vet that visits up there about my planned double knee surgery. Dr Mac, said there's no way I'd be able to do both at the same time. Polly informed Dr Mac that there are 3 types of humans in this world -- men, women and monkey moms. She told him I was a monkey mom and would do fine. And I have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #11546

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Confession time here. I usually get up at the crack of noon but this morning I awoke, without alarm clock assistance, at 5:20 am, slipped out of bed, put on a couple pots of coffee and sat in front of the TV to watch the Canadian Ladies take the gold in curling. I am now watching the Canada / USA ladies hockey game.

Darn, I wish I were able to get to the GC@CL wherever you finally pick as the destination state in whatever month you finally figure out you've scheduled it for. I could bring sammich makings that some would enjoy. Hot Sopressata Calabrese and Super Hot Genoa Salamis that make eyes water 100s of yards away, depending on the width of the yards.

Genoa on the left below.
Attached Images

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #11547

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Confession time here. I usually get up at the crack of noon but this morning I awoke, without alarm clock assistance, at 5:20 am, slipped out of bed, put on a couple pots of coffee and sat in front of the TV to watch the Canadian Ladies take the gold in curling. I am now watching the Canada / USA ladies hockey game.
We'll at least your country has the gold in curling...too bad aboot the hockey, though
Old 02-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #11548

Forest River Owners Club
Wha.. Wait how do I edit?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #11549

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly View Post
Wha.. Wait how do I edit?
UM...more like retract? We shall see in sudden death.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #11550

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^^ Dennis - that's just cruel....!!
That looks delixious - or mutantlicous - and would be a welcome addition to the opening night wine and cheese party.

Or - Whine and Geesh Party - seeing RVM1 in a kimono will bring out the whines and ah Geesh at any party. Something to make the eyes water before seeing that may help diffuse the image. My minds eye is already tearing up because you aren't going to make it. Add that kimono image and I just can't stand it.