Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #1149

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Wanna hear about my day?

I got rousted by security at 2am, went grocery shopping at 2:30 am, picked up my new kayak, went to a VERY busy Costco with Sena (translation -- the same 10 questions answered 436 times), drove 50 miles, took a nap and then...

How do you handle rude people?

I'm so glad this day is over.
Barb - sorry to hear you ran into a couple of dunderheads. Getting rousted at 2 am is bad enough - but that dump crazed individual sounds like the real stinkum of the day.

Hope today goes much, much better!
Steve and Annie

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #1150

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
Is it safe for me to step out?
Yep - several of us are out of the darkness and into the rope lights.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #1151

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This is a mutant that I don't want to have anywhere near my RV.

Mega mosquitoes have been spotted in Florida
Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Toy Duck

The heater barely warms the water on propane and I'm certain I fried the electric element. Gonna replace it this weekend then clean and blow out the propane side. First lesson learned by this newbie mutant
RVM31
O U C H ! Cold showers are not fun, even if invigorating.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #1153

I wanna be an RVM'er. Can I, Can I, oh please, please, please? I gots me a 2012 Coachmen Apex, with exactly what we need. Well, that's what DW tells me anyway. I may want to add a few things here and there, but not much. Mainly a new tow vehicle, but since we just got the Apex, the boss sez that will have to wait. Oh well, as the DW keeps telling me, I'll live....
Flacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #1154

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacamper
I wanna be an RVM'er. Can I, Can I, oh please, please, please? I gots me a 2012 Coachmen Apex, with exactly what we need. Well, that's what DW tells me anyway. I may want to add a few things here and there, but not much. Mainly a new tow vehicle, but since we just got the Apex, the boss sez that will have to wait. Oh well, as the DW keeps telling me, I'll live....
You certainly have the enthusiasm of an RVM. You have named something you don't have and need - a new toad! Just name a thing or two your Apex doesn't have and you don't miss and you're in. RVM1 has said that a declaration of not having something is Step 1 in our 2 Step process. Making the statement or declaration brings us together. (examples - dishwasher - rope lights - etc - it's a personal thing. Of course step 2 is making the journey your destination.

With your declaration you will become RVM37. Don't hold back - you can do it. You know ya wanna!!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #1155
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just wanted to share a picture of our new transportation for the summer while we volunteer here in Oregon. It certainly makes heads turn as we proceed on our journey...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).JPG
Views:	69
Size:	552.6 KB
ID:	40533  
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #1156

What we don't have is a big rig or 5ver. The Apex is a tow behind and is perfect for us. No big fridge. Only thing to keep the "adult" beverage cool is the igloo under the awning. No swivle chairs, just the couch and dinnett (SP) to sit on. Not a lot of storage, still have to use the back of the pick-up.......but that's OK, I'm just a transplanted Hoosier redneck living in Fl.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #1157

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacamper
What we don't have is a big rig or 5ver. The Apex is a tow behind and is perfect for us. No big fridge. Only thing to keep the "adult" beverage cool is the igloo under the awning. No swivle chairs, just the couch and dinnett (SP) to sit on. Not a lot of storage, still have to use the back of the pick-up.......but that's OK, I'm just a transplanted Hoosier redneck living in Fl.
You my friend have now met the requirements and are officially designated RVM37 with all rights and privileges hereafter bestowed.

Must be a good story behind such a long membership and few posts to the forum. A man of previously few words me thinks not!

Mutants - meet our newest member!!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Sorry for all the posts. You guys jabber on faster than I can get to read. I mean come on, 7 new pages of posts in a day? Y'all need a job!

NOT!

I'm gonna have to start usin that "Multi Tool Thingamabob" if'n y'all's keep this up. LOL

RVM12
Posting as much as we do is often a result of being on the seven day weekend plan.

As for getting a job, often it's something we don't want or need, keeping with the mutant tradition.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #1159

Oh boy, wait until I tell the DW. Did join iRV2 awhile ago. But got out of camping for a few years. Now that I'm semi retired we are getting back into it. When the DW retires, we're on da road.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #1160

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Flacamper

Welcome to mutantdom! You will find a surly and unpretentious group of mutants among us who make our journey our destination. Our creed is simple... Don't want....don't need....don't miss some things in our lives. Once we define what that is for each of us we reach nirvana. We seem to be in a constant state of mutation and are proud of it. Come home my brother and sister walk into the light.....
Rvm31
Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #1161

RVM31, thank you. Our journey once again is begining, and it will not stop until we reach it. What ever, where ever "IT" is.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #1162
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
If you are going to park in the desert overnight, you really NEED rope lights. Lay out a couple of lengths of them underneath your rig, and the light keeps the pack rats away. If not, they feast on your wiring underneath.
Yeah I know this is a tidy bit old, but the mascot and I are just getting settled in after 2 weeks of driving.

If chasing away unwanted critters is a by-product of being a closet ropey, I want in. But I need some schoolin' first. Where is the best place to buy 'em cheap? How many feet do I need for a 25 Moho and an 8' toad? And, does any particular color work best?

I am much obliged for your help.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote