Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #11677
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
That must be a technological difference between ya'll up there and us'all down here. We have DVR (Digital Video Recorder) so we can watch the game at a reasonable hour. Oh great! Now I can just delete the DVR item. Oh wow! Thank you for the great narrative that goes along with the posted score above. I really don't need the recording now. GOOD NIGHT, CHET. p.s., regarding 4 years before you get to watch the next hockey game, I'm assuming that in-between those four years, Denise has possession of the TV remote control. I totally understand!
Sorry Wayne. Got too excited. I never thought about people with DVR's. Could have done that too. Although, That's why I got up. To watch the game live!
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #11678
Senior Member
 
Nhytefall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Oh, so you leave the most important part of your day as an afterthought....
Well, it was 1230 in the morning when I posted it. Unfortunately, we do seem to be an afterthought to the salesperson - it took him nearly a week to respond to my original email, and he called me the wrong name on the phone.
__________________

__________________
RVM38. My rig: Currently rig-less.
US Army vet, writer, artist, and photographer.
The journey is the destination; the road goes ever on.
Nhytefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #11679
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 900
Great game

Playoff hockey or hockey in the Olympics is special. The game gets "an edge" to it that doesn't exist in the regular NHL season (unless it's back to back, home and home game with the dreaded rival).

If the gold medal game would have gone to a shootout, would Babcock have to bench his Red Wings players? Pathetic shootout record this year. LOL

Too bad Henrik Zetteberg wasn't able to put his sweater on for the big series.

No doubt that Canada has the horses. Congratulations!
__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #11680
Senior Member
 
Cart's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 281
And their off ...oops...I mean let's go racing boys.
__________________
Jim,Ginny and Abbie (schnauzer)
RVM 58
Thor Hurricane MH - Jeep Wrangler
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #11681
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,107
You forgot bugity bugity bugity....

Was hoping it was the bugity reverend again.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #11682
Senior Member
 
Cart's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 281
I was afraid Darrell may have a copyright on it.
__________________
Jim,Ginny and Abbie (schnauzer)
RVM 58
Thor Hurricane MH - Jeep Wrangler
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #11683
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 5,620
Pre GC, TX Wagon Train Meeting?

Steve has located a pretty nice place that looks like it can easily deal with 5 or 6 of us for any length of time. It is Cooper Lake State Park just north of Sulphur Springs. The most probable site area would be the South Sulphur area that has lots of sites.

Cooper Lake State Park

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4508_0155c.pdf

There are still a lot of sites that can handle up to 45' available April 18-23. Where ever we meet Sandee and I would like a place that we can enjoy for that period of time.

It appears nearly all of the sites are back-in but there are a few sites that are pull through but from the map I can't tell if they are long enough for 40' (or longer) plus a toad. I will do some checking on that. If the pull throughs won't work then, of course, folks will need to drop their toad before setting up.

There are 2 distinct areas on the south side. Deer Haven on the west side is up to 30 amp and Bright Star on the east is 50 amp. All have water but no sewer. Pets are allowed.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat..._p4508_155.pdf

Fees are $16/day for the site and $5/day/person for entry fees unless you have a TX state park pass. Those of you from TX with the the state park passes know what that means to you.

TPWD: Texas State Park Passes & Permits

Perhaps the Paris, TX RVM contingent has some detailed scouting reports on this location? Anyone? Steve said he would run out there next weekend and check it out.

It offers a nice starting point whether we go south to I-30 or north through Paris.

I just got off the phone with the folks at the park and all sites are paved and will handle 45'. The drive through ones should handle any 40' with a toad. Reservations only guarantee a spot but specific sites are assigned on a first come, first basis upon arrival.

The reservation site is TX State Parks Online Reservations or Reserve by phone: (512) 389-8900

This would be one of the ways we could route ourselves to the GC

Wagon Train Route

Any takers if Steve gives it the ?
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #11684
Senior Member
 
Cart's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 281
Don,

I'm only about 30 miles from Cooper Lake. I can make a run over and check it out. Maybe Steve and I can meet there if he wants too. The park is about 16 miles from I-30 (Sulphur Springs).

Jim
__________________
Jim,Ginny and Abbie (schnauzer)
RVM 58
Thor Hurricane MH - Jeep Wrangler
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #11685
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Steve has located a pretty nice place that looks like it can easily deal with 5 or 6 of us for any length of time. It is Cooper Lake State Park just north of Sulphur Springs. The most probable site area would be the South Sulphur area that has lots of sites.

Cooper Lake State Park

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4508_0155c.pdf

There are still a lot of sites that can handle up to 45' available April 18-23. Where ever we meet Sandee and I would like a place that we can enjoy for that period of time.

It appears nearly all of the sites are back-in but there are a few sites that are pull through but from the map I can't tell if they are long enough for 40' (or longer) plus a toad. I will do some checking on that. If the pull throughs won't work then, of course, folks will need to drop their toad before setting up.

There are 2 distinct areas on the south side. Deer Haven on the west side is up to 30 amp and Bright Star on the east is 50 amp. All have water but no sewer. Pets are allowed.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat..._p4508_155.pdf

Fees are $16/day for the site and $5/day/person for entry fees unless you have a TX state park pass. Those of you from TX with the the state park passes know what that means to you.

TPWD: Texas State Park Passes & Permits

Perhaps the Paris, TX RVM contingent has some detailed scouting reports on this location? Anyone? Steve said he would run out there next weekend and check it out.

It offers a nice starting point whether we go south to I-30 or north through Paris.

I just got off the phone with the folks at the park and all sites are paved and will handle 45'. The drive through ones should handle any 40' with a toad. Reservations only guarantee a spot but specific sites are assigned on a first come, first basis upon arrival.

The reservation site is TX State Parks Online Reservations or Reserve by phone: (512) 389-8900

This would be one of the ways we could route ourselves to the GC

Wagon Train Route

Any takers if Steve gives it the ?
Hi Don !!,

Sulphur Springs is a bit of a stretch from Frisco, What I was looking for was a CG in or near Frisco, but I could leave Frisco a day early and go to Sulphur Springs or where ever the mutants decide to stage at. The reason something near Frisco is so important is I have a friend there I havent seen in 12 years and it would be silly of me not to stop and see him after all this time especially when we are going to be so close. We will be leaving Yuma and heading towards Texas about April 1st, so there isnt any reason why I cant make this all work out, well at least hopefully make it work out.

Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #11686
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,319
Hey Jeff,

If you're taking I-10 into Texas there's a stop you'll want to make if you enjoy caverns. The Caverns of Sonoro is my favorite all time cave tour.

The Caverns of Sonora

It's not far south of I-10 and they do have cheap overnight water/electric RV spots.

I've been to many caverns and always enjoyed this one the best. Simply beautiful formations and very informative guides that lead you thru.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #11687
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hi Don !!,

Sulphur Springs is a bit of a stretch from Frisco, What I was looking for was a CG in or near Frisco, but I could leave Frisco a day early and go to Sulphur Springs or where ever the mutants decide to stage at. The reason something near Frisco is so important is I have a friend there I havent seen in 12 years and it would be silly of me not to stop and see him after all this time especially when we are going to be so close. We will be leaving Yuma and heading towards Texas about April 1st, so there isnt any reason why I cant make this all work out, well at least hopefully make it work out.

Cheers !!!
Jeff - the idea was to stage at Cooper Lake on or before the 23rd of Apr rolling from there into the GC @ CL on the 23rd.

Don will be in McKinney at MCD from April 13th - 17th or so and was looking for a place to relax a few days before rolling to the GC @ CL. MCD is a few miles from HWY 380 and Bonita is stored in McKinney about a mile off of 380. 380 is a direct route East - 74 miles to Sulphur Springs / Cooper Lake for me - then direct to Paris Tex (Hi Jim and Ginny) and then to I-30 North to Hot Springs.

So for me - and perhaps you heading to Hot Springs from Frisco - Hwy 380 may be a good plan. Frisco is not far from McKinney. Just depends on where you decide to stay. When you figure that out - I bet it will be about 80 or so miles from Sulphur Springs.

Anyone else wanting to come up this way a few days early could mini-C with Don and Sandee and Annie and I would be there early evening - say 6 pm or so on the 22nd.

It looks like a really nice place. Either Jim and I will meet or he'll go by - but we will get a scouting report done hopefully next weekend and post some pics and first hand observations.

For Wayne and Herb - rolling to Cooper might be feasible too - probably 2 or 3 hours from south west side of DFW - and would knock roughly that amount of time off a direct route to CL - and let ya see a relatively new Tx State Park.

All just a thought - and an offer. No high pressure sales people will call!

Thanks Don for - for the great post on Cooper Lake. Thanks Jim for the offer to meet. I will email the "group" my cell phone # so we can talk through the scouting effort!
RVM2
Steve and Annie

Hey Jeff - if you find a place in Frisco to use while visiting your friend - let me know. I can probably get over there and scout it out for you.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #11688
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Jeff - the idea was to stage at Cooper Lake on or before the 23rd of Apr rolling from there into the GC @ CL on the 23rd.

Don will be in McKinney at MCD from April 13th - 17th or so and was looking for a place to relax a few days before rolling to the GC @ CL. MCD is a few miles from HWY 380 and Bonita is stored in McKinney about a mile off of 380. 380 is a direct route East - 74 miles to Sulphur Springs / Cooper Lake for me - then direct to Paris Tex (Hi Jim and Ginny) and then to I-30 North to Hot Springs.

So for me - and perhaps you heading to Hot Springs from Frisco - Hwy 380 may be a good plan. Frisco is not far from McKinney. Just depends on where you decide to stay. When you figure that out - I bet it will be about 75 or so miles from Sulphur Springs.

Anyone else wanting to come up this way a few days early could mini-C with Don and Sandee and Annie and I would be there early evening - say 6 pm or so on the 22nd.

It looks like a really nice place. Either Jim and I will meet or he'll go by - but we will get a scouting report done hopefully next weekend and post some pics and first hand observations.

For Wayne and Herb - rolling to Cooper might be feasible too - probably a 2 or 3 hours - would knock roughly that amount of time off a direct route to CL - and let ya see a relatively new Tx State Park.

All just a thought - and an offer. No high pressure sales people will call!

Thanks Don for - for the great post on Cooper Lake. Thanks Jim for the offer to meet. I will ail the "group" my cell phone # so we can talk through the scouting effort!
RVM2
Steve and Annie

Hey Jeff - if you find a place in Frisco to use while visiting your friend - let me know. I can probably get over there and scout it out for you.
Hi Steve !!

Gotcha we haven't found a CG near Frisco yet. But leaving Frisco a day or two early to pop over to Cooper Lake is doable. I don't know if we are going 10 or 40 across yet either , we have been having so much fun going into Mexico and back and sightseeing in Yuma we have just been to dang busy to do much future planning. I am thinking some place east of Frisco but not sure where.

Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #11689
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,645
Ok well - yesterday we did make a run to what seemed like a good staging place for Don and anyone heading to GC @ CL via DFW. Cedar Hill RV park and Marina on Lake Texoma.

We here's the Mutant Scouting Report. The RV area is nice - with water and electric - a few 50 amp - mostly 30 amp - sites and anterior roads or unpaved - gravel - nearly all back in sites. There were no Motorhomes there yesterday - and most sites were empty. In taking with the office folks - both ladies very friendly - I was told anyone going in would need to drop their toad first. Also - they assign sites based in info you provide - and they don't think the measurements they have for the sites are accurate - as in "we are putting rigs in sites our measurements say won't fit." Since the park was mostly empty it was hard to tell how much maneuverability there would be once rigs and toads were scattered around. There are also some low hanging branches and the odd tree here and there that I was told makes some slide configurations a problem. I would say - I would stay there for several days or a week - assuming a good site selection - but for a group to meet up and over night I think it might be a little tight - a little inconvenient to have to drop the toad in all cases - and since we are trying to head to GC @ CL - it is also a little too far east of 75 (15 miles) and then north another 15 or so miles.

Along 377 North to Cedar Hill we passed the Catfish Haven - it looked like a promising place for some fried catfish fillets. Hmmm.

Again nice rustic - small park - sites are close - and once it fills up - I think it could feel a little crowded. If ya had a boat - at the marina - and were staying in rig - you'd be set for a great time. The gift shop BTW was like a boutique - cool stuff - clothes - jewelry etc. And the restaurant at the marina looks like a very nice place.
Having a Parse Error issue - will close down the iPhone and retry posting some pics.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #11690
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,645
Cedar Hill Pics - did I mention the airstrip.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3118109077.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	358.3 KB
ID:	56764
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3054585247.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	56765
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-868489610.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	463.0 KB
ID:	56766
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-35465607.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	488.1 KB
ID:	56767
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-464848364.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	519.4 KB
ID:	56769
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3909793849.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	589.3 KB
ID:	56770
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1435874571.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	596.1 KB
ID:	56771
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4112001726.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	636.6 KB
ID:	56772
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1292734103.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	56773
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4144048056.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	559.3 KB
ID:	56768  
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Bananas | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.