Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #11691
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ok well - yesterday we did make a run to what seemed like a good staging place for Don and anyone heading to GC @ CL via DFW. Cedar Hill RV park and Marina on Lake Texoma.

We here's the Mutant Scouting Report. The RV area is nice - with water and electric - a few 50 amp - mostly 30 amp - sites and anterior roads or unpaved - gravel - nearly all back in sites. There were no Motorhomes there yesterday - and most sites were empty. In taking with the office folks - both ladies very friendly - I was told anyone going in would need to drop their toad first. Also - they assign sites based in info you provide - and they don't think the measurements they have for the sites are accurate - as in "we are putting rigs in sites our measurements say won't fit." Since the park was mostly empty it was hard to tell how much maneuverability there would be once rigs and toads were scattered around. There are also some low hanging branches and the odd tree here and there that I was told makes some slide configurations a problem. I would say - I would stay there for several days or a week - assuming a good site selection - but for a group to meet up and over night I think it might be a little tight - a little inconvenient to have to drop the toad in all cases - and since we are trying to head to GC @ CL - it is also a little too far east of 75 (15 miles) and then north another 15 or so miles.

Along 377 North to Cedar Hill we passed the Catfish Haven - it looked like a promising place for some fried catfish fillets. Hmmm.

Again nice rustic - small park - sites are close - and once it fills up - I think it could feel a little crowded. If ya had a boat - at the marina - and were staying in rig - you'd be set for a great time. The gift shop BTW was like a boutique - cool stuff - clothes - jewelry etc. And the restaurant at the marina looks like a very nice place.
Having a Parse Error issue - will close down the iPhone and retry posting some pics.
Hey Steve,

What do you know about Wagon Master RV park in Sanger, TX ? If I left there on the morning of the 18th we can hook up at Coopers Lake or anywhere y'all want to stage at.

Jeff
__________________

__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #11692
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 5,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Steve, What do you know about Wagon Master RV park in Sanger, TX ? If I left there on the morning of the 18th we can hook up at Coopers Lake or anywhere y'all want to stage at. Jeff
Sandee and I plan to be somewhere we can meet starting the 18th. Steve plans to join us on the 22nd. Anyone wanting to join Sandee and I are welcome! So far we are really liking the state park.
__________________

__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #11693
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

Sandee and I plan to be somewhere we can meet starting the 18th. Steve plans to join us on the 22nd. Anyone wanting to join Sandee and I are welcome! So far we are really liking the state park.
Hi Don,

And the state park is Coopers Lake right ?

Jeff
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #11694
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hey Steve,

What do you know about Wagon Master RV park in Sanger, TX ? If I left there on the morning of the 18th we can hook up at Coopers Lake or anywhere y'all want to stage at.

Jeff
Not familiar with it Jeff - it's about 55 miles from me and maybe 40 from Frisco. I haven't been there and it's been years since we used the RV Parks at Lake Lewisville. Several of the Lewisville parks were nice - and we've been meaning to run over and take a look.

When we had the B Van - we were able to do 400 - 500 mile days and go anywhere - so we didn't RV the local area much. And now - we spend our time trying to plan for retirement - and and working around my vacation schedule and shorter driving days.

I could possibly run up there in the next two weeks and take a look see. Is Sanger close enough to your friend??
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #11695
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Not familiar with it Jeff - it's about 55 miles from me and maybe 40 from Frisco. I haven't been there and it's been years since we used the RV Parks at Lake Lewisville. Several of the Lewisville parks were nice - and we've been meaning to run over and take a look.

When we had the B Van - we were able to do 400 - 500 mile days and go anywhere - so we didn't RV the local area much. And now - we spend our time trying to plan for retirement - and and working around my vacation schedule and shorter driving days.

I could possibly run up there in the next two weeks and take a look see. Is Sanger close enough to your friend??
Hi Steve,

Sanger is like 35 miles from Frisco, I'd rather not be that far out, but Sanger is due west from McKinney. I thought there were places closer to Lewisville but right now I'm striking out there. Being retired and on a budget we try to keep our stays to places that are $30 or less a night . We looked at some PA parks but none are very close.

Jeff
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:24 PM   #11696
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 5,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Don,

And the state park is Coopers Lake right ?

Jeff
YEP! That is unless Steve or Jim report that it is not a good place to be or we find some place else that works.
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #11697
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hi Steve,

Sanger is like 35 miles from Frisco, I'd rather not be that far out, but Sanger is due west from McKinney. I thought there were places closer to Lewisville but right now I'm striking out there. Being retired and on a budget we try to keep our stays to places that are $30 or less a night . We looked at some PA parks but none are very close.

Jeff
Check out Shady Creek (Aubury Tx) on 380 between Denton and McKinney - 12 miles north of Frisco.

http://www.shadycreekrvpark.com/gallery/

This is very close to Bonitas home. Not Far from MCD either - but not as nice - rural - lakey etc as the Cooper Lake State park.

There is a discount on the website - and a good weekly rate. I just haven't been here either - and not sure how busy it is / will be in April.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #11698
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

YEP! That is unless Steve or Jim report that it is not a good place to be or we find some place else that works.
Well we are pretty much game for anything as long as its reasonable. One nice thing about riding the rainbow is that you can always adapt to the circumstances.

Cheers !!!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #11699
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,583
They don't have Walmarts in TX anymore? Wallydocking with 6+ Mutant wagons circled up in the parking lot with awnings and grills deployed would make the grandest picture puzzle for Barb.
__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #11700
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
They don't have Walmarts in TX anymore? Wallydocking with 6+ Mutant wagons circled up in the parking lot with awnings and grills deployed would make the grandest picture puzzle for Barb.
Yeah, you could park them all with the awnings to the inside of the circle and then you'll almost have a covered area to party in the middle. Forget Walmart, find a big empty parking lot somewhere and start the PARTY!

Hey Steve, is that old Belz Factory Outlet property just south of McKinney still vacant? That would work! You don't think anyone will notice if a bunch of big RVs hang out for a few days, do ya?

I'm just jealous that I can't join y'all. I have a new honorary grandson to meet in Topeka so I'll be coming across I-70 to CL.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #11701
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Steve !!

Gotcha we haven't found a CG near Frisco yet. But leaving Frisco a day or two early to pop over to Cooper Lake is doable. I don't know if we are going 10 or 40 across yet either , we have been having so much fun going into Mexico and back and sightseeing in Yuma we have just been to dang busy to do much future planning. I am thinking some place east of Frisco but not sure where.

Cheers !!!

How about these??

Hidden Cove Park (City Park)
20400 Hackberry Creek Park Rd,

Frisco TX 75034,
(972)294-1443

5.84 Miles



Shady Creek RV Park,
20400 Hackberry Creek Park Rd

Frisco TX 75034

Tel: (972)294-1443

6.90 miles



Lincoln Park,

110 Parker Parkway

Aubrey TX 76227

Tel: (940)365-2839

9.37 miles


Spring Creek Village RV Park
4000 North Central Expressway
Plano TX 75074
Tel: (972)423-2912 10.64 miles


Lewisville Lake Park (Municipal Park)

Lewisville TX 75067

Tel:(972)219-3742

11.04 miles

With all the room youse guys have got in that great big old Texas, why didja have to build RV parks one atop the other. (Note addresses for the first two that show up in streets and trips)
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #11702
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
How about these??

Hidden Cove Park (City Park)
20400 Hackberry Creek Park Rd,

Frisco TX 75034,
(972)294-1443

5.84 Miles



Shady Creek RV Park,
20400 Hackberry Creek Park Rd

Frisco TX 75034

Tel: (972)294-1443

6.90 miles



Lincoln Park,

110 Parker Parkway

Aubrey TX 76227

Tel: (940)365-2839

9.37 miles


Spring Creek Village RV Park
4000 North Central Expressway
Plano TX 75074
Tel: (972)423-2912 10.64 miles


Lewisville Lake Park (Municipal Park)

Lewisville TX 75067

Tel:(972)219-3742

11.04 miles

With all the room youse guys have got in that great big old Texas, why didja have to build RV parks one atop the other. (Note addresses for the first two that show up in streets and trips)
Thanks I'll check those tomorrow
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #11703
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Don't bother with Spring Creek. Not what you're looking for. Take my word for it....

Same for Lincoln Park....
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #11704
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Don't bother with Spring Creek. Not what you're looking for. Take my word for it....

Same for Lincoln Park....
OK thank you I won't look at those
__________________

__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (3 members and 3 guests)
bokobird, MPH, rezman
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.