Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #12293

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis View Post
We don't have to waste out time that way in Arizona
So right, Nissa!

We were here when DST came and went this season. It just dont do dat here.

R U good for lunch on 15th. Sent email.
Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #12294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Usually lurking - - not posting. I just had an "ah hah" moment. When we gather at GC@CL, I will be able to actually tell my series of old jokes. With my family and friends I just hold up my fingers and we all laugh because we know the old jokes by number. So #7 always works well in a mixed crowd, but #15 is only for the male side of the campfire. The grand kids are mystified as to what we're doing. Much the same as when they talk about Lord Garmadon, Lloyd, Jay, Kai, Sensei Wu, Cole, Zane, and Nya. My eyes glaze over and I drift into a static stare. Also, welcome to the world of mutantism to our newly christened members. For the unknowing, the aforementioned LEGO characters are Masters of Spinjitzu in Ninjago (kids' channel fare on TV).
No hero names for mine yet, but last night ate out with both sons, their wives, and all 5 grands, 2 four year old girls, 2 two year old boys and 3 month old boy. All of a sudden they burst into Let it go, from Frozen, then the Tiger song, katy Perry..... They do know their music......
The oriental waitress gave them high fives. Eating sushi? Or whatever the cuisine is... Lol i eat the crab and shrimp rolls, not raw.... Dziadzia (DH) was too tired to go, he is replacing flooring in rv..... Reducing the amount of carpet. Yippee.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #12295

Vintage RV Owners Club
Got my clocks all tuned to the right spot... Dh wakes long before I do at any rate, never have to worry about oversleeping if I tell him to get me up at a certain time...
Old 03-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #12296

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Michelin Tire Recall

I finally called for my mail from my mail forwarding company and there is a notice from Michelin about a tire recall that my coach might be part of.

All the DOT info matches, but I have a question about the "production period" number. They say that 0210-2512 is the magic dates. Mine is 4110.

From just half paying attention to recent tire talk, I am understanding that 4110 means the 41st week of 2010 and I would be eligible for a new set of tires courtesy of Michelin.

The recall says "no charge" for anything including mounting and balancing and there is no mention of prorating for time or wear.

So guys, did I hit the jackpot or not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #12297

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I finally called for my mail from my mail forwarding company and there is a notice from Michelin about a tire recall that my coach might be part of.

All the DOT info matches, but I have a question about the "production period" number. They say that 0210-2512 is the magic dates. Mine is 4110.

From just half paying attention to recent tire talk, I am understanding that 4110 means the 41st week of 2010 and I would be eligible for a new set of tires courtesy of Michelin.

The recall says "no charge" for anything including mounting and balancing and there is no mention of prorating for time or wear.

So guys, did I hit the jackpot or not?
Yes you did!! I hit with the firestone recall on my Ranger, way back when. I thought that was wonderful, but you definitely out did me. Way to Go!!! Now quick go buy a Mega Millions ticket.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #12298

Fleetwood Owners Club
Is it my imagination or is there more commercials in NASCAR than racing?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #12299

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I finally called for my mail from my mail forwarding company and there is a notice from Michelin about a tire recall that my coach might be part of. ...
This recall?

Michelin issues recall for 1.2 million truck tires
By Scott Nyerges on February 27, 2014 12:01:00 am

What: About 1.2 million Michelin LTX M/S commercial light truck tires, produced between January 2010 and June 2012. The tired were supplied as original equipment on certain Ford vehicles, and as replacement equipment on various brand commercial light trucks, full-sized heavy duty vans, small RVs and some large pickup trucks. The tire version and size at issue is the Michelin LTX M/S LT 225/75R16 115/112R LRE.

Why: Potential tread separation or rapid deflation, which may result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy: Owners of the affected tires should visit an authorized Michelin retail location as soon as possible to have the tires replaced at no charge.

For more information: Owners should contact Michelin at (800) 231-5893 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern, Monday–Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration at (888) 327-4236, or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for more information.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #12300

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Is it my imagination or is there more commercials in NASCAR than racing?
Yeah, but they are short ones.

Two of the 6 Lemon Drop melon seeds I planted on the 28th are poking the their heads up. I expected sooner, but we had some cool nights.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #12301

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post

Two of the 6 Lemon Drop melon seeds I planted on the 28th are poking the their heads up. I expected sooner, but we had some cool nights.
Hear hear!! Tomorrow I plan to put more stuff into soil in my solarium....and transplant the chard and broccoli plants that germinated... my lettuce didn't do squat.... I'll need to try another variety that is in my freezer to see f they are all too old or if I inadvertently forgot to chill a packet and this is that bunch....
Old 03-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #12302

I've been too lazy to go to the store and get some seeds. I have a couple heads of lettuce that were planted sometime during the winter. One of the bell pepper plants has 6 bells on it and the other only has one small one. Both plants are the same size. I think all I want to add is some Roma tomatoes and sweet corn, just to see how they do. One year I planted corn, the ant ate all th sugar from the kernels

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #12303

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Yes you did!! I hit with the firestone recall on my Ranger, way back when. I thought that was wonderful, but you definitely out did me. Way to Go!!! Now quick go buy a Mega Millions ticket.
Dang, what a break! The tires on the coach are 3.5 years old and only have 18K miles on them, but we know it's age that counts. Thank you Michelin! These should last until 2019.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #12304

Vintage RV Owners Club
LOL... you could save toilet tissue rolls and cut them in half and coat the outside with tangle trap and make a slit in them and fit them like collars part way up the stalks so the ants can't get to the corn.... probably more work than it's worth for a few ears of corn when you can get it cheap at the farmer's market when it's in season.

did the lonely pepper have as many blooms and they just didn't get pollinated, or did it not have the blooms to start with... sounds like it evened the harvest out with one having more than normal and the other less.... nature is like that when left to itself!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #12305

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Dang, what a break! The tires on the coach are 3.5 years old and only have 18K miles on them, but we know it's age that counts. Thank you Michelin! These should last until 2019.
YOu can go many miles now on their dollar!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #12306

Vintage RV Owners Club
(sssppppttt.... we have 10 guests... sure have had a lot of guests of late)

Come on in folks.... the waters fine and we don't bite!